First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned citizen

Pigeon Forge, TN

#1 Jan 7, 2009
what kind of club does the new coach operate since the other coach stepped down several yrs. ago?
dont throw stones

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jan 9, 2009
Go to Ben Logan for youth wrestling.

“Changes in Latitude...”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3 Jan 9, 2009
Yes, my son wrestled when he was younger and Ben Logan has a great wrestling program and coaches. Your son will have to WORK hard, but isn't that the idea?
wlsmom

Urbana, OH

#4 Jan 9, 2009
Frankly, if it is still the coach from about 3 years ago, my nephew wrestled there and we were not impressed at all. The next year, he wrestled at Ben Logan, they have a great program.
Dancing Kitty

Pigeon Forge, TN

#5 Jan 9, 2009
My oldest son wrestled at Bellef when Kevin was over it at he really taught the kids and made them work. But when this Jeremiah took over they have jacked up the price and they claim no money in the account but then they buy a wrestling mat and cut in half to put in their basement and invited the kids over to hang out. The entry fee changes every year, it went from 40 one year to 90 the next because they said you had to buy a sweat suit throught them. The kids are lucky to get a hand full of prctices in before the first meet. My boys will be going somewhere else to wrestle as long as he is overseeing it.
concerned citizen

Pigeon Forge, TN

#6 Jan 9, 2009
is it common practice for the coach to have parents provide everything for the consession stand? I would think the club would provide such funds to purchase these items. And if so where do the proceeds go? In the coachs pocket? Should the organization be run by a comittee or souly by on person? And I wonder what monies were used to purchase the mat in the coachs possession? Does anyone have answers to these questions?
Random Thoughts

Urbana, OH

#7 Jan 9, 2009
concerned citizen wrote:
is it common practice for the coach to have parents provide everything for the consession stand? I would think the club would provide such funds to purchase these items. And if so where do the proceeds go? In the coachs pocket? Should the organization be run by a comittee or souly by on person? And I wonder what monies were used to purchase the mat in the coachs possession? Does anyone have answers to these questions?
Here's a novel idea... why not ask the COACH?? I'll bet he has the answers to all of those questions.

Or better yet, maybe one of you fine folks can ring him up and let him know he's being talked about on Topix. I'm sure that will endear your children to him all the more and make him want to be the best coach ever!
New Wrestling Father

United States

#8 Jan 9, 2009
My son is a first year wrestler in the Bellefontaine program and I have no complaints yet. Having coached my oldest daughter in softball for years I do know one thing. There is never a shortage of parents that think the coach is doing it wrong. I for one don't have any problems supplying some food for home meets. Having said these things I will say something else, I am more than willing to listen to actual facts from concerned parents. I am not however interested in lies or unsubstantiated claims of wrong doing.
concerned citizen

Pigeon Forge, TN

#9 Jan 10, 2009
you know i never really wrote i had a problem with helping. I just know Kevin didnt demand help although he did leave the door open for offerings. And i have spoke with a few other parents who have the same concerns that i have. And if what i am asking on here should not offend anyone, if it does then there may be more to this than what i thought. If so it could be like one of the other parents have said. And i dont feel as if i am at liberty to discuss at present time especially on TOPIX.
dont throw stones

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jan 10, 2009
Fees go to pay for referees at home meets, Ourway membership card, and tape and cleaner for mats. My children wrestle for BL and my husband helps with the smallest kids. So far in 4 years of being in their program we have never been asked to donate for concession but I can not speak for other parents. That also could be because the program has been in existance so long they have ample funding. I agree if someone wants to know about spending, mats ect ask J&JM. And if this has been a on-going problem then maybe folks should stop spectulating and step up for change. That might mean being in charge of the whole program though so be careful what you ask. Good Luck to all the wrestlers tomorrow from IL, BL, WLS, BFT and Celina at Bellefontaine tomorrow. Meet starts at 1:30.
concerned citizen

Pigeon Forge, TN

#11 Jan 13, 2009
another practice was cancelled. due to someones interest in H.S. wrestling. wish there was as much concern for the youth. i think the kids have only had 6 practices.that will help them get the skills they need. it will be a miracle if any of thewm keep an intrest, when they can only be discouraged.

Since: Jan 09

Bellefontaine, Ohio

#12 Jan 13, 2009
Just for the record, I was very impressed with the clubs from West Liberty, Indian Lake and BenLogan. I will be keeping my son in the Bellefontaine program. Having said that, I will also be getting him some extra help on the side. I think he will benefit from some good one on one instruction that the coaches just don't have time to give since there are just three of them. I guess I feel like since I plan on keeping my kids in Bellefontaine, they need to stay involved in Bellefontaine activities.
shopper

Pigeon Forge, TN

#13 Jan 13, 2009
Well my kids go to Bellef but I will be taking them to Ben Logan's team next year. They give the kids more disipline and just plain teach them more. I dont mind driving to B.L. and my kids dont mind either. They like to go to practice and this maybe once a week stuff is for the birds. The Bellef team was not even ready for the meet sunday.
btownrox

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Jan 14, 2009
I don't know, I was there and I saw good from all schools and kis. Some were more developed than others. THis wen't for all schools. At that age just building some confidence and having fun should be enough. All teams were well represented I thought. then again I have no vested interests, just enjoyed watching the kids. The hosts at bellefontaine should be proud, they ran a wonderful meet for our local kids.
concerned citizen

Pigeon Forge, TN

#15 Jan 14, 2009
well thats one way to build confidence. A hand-full of practices will most definately help their self esteem when they show the amount of training they have recieved. Where is the dedication? It averages to less than on practice a week.
shopper

Pigeon Forge, TN

#16 Jan 14, 2009
Does any one know where the meet is on Sunday?

Since: Jan 09

Bellefontaine, Ohio

#17 Jan 15, 2009
Sunday's meet is at West Liberty.
shopper

Pigeon Forge, TN

#18 Jan 19, 2009
I want to thank you Jeremiah for no practice AGAIN. Three times in a row, your on a roll. Thanks for all the teaching to the kids, you've done a SH!TTY job.

“Changes in Latitude...”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#19 Jan 20, 2009
Shopper, have you volunteered to help out in any way? I know that many times individuals are pressured into coaching by "if we can't find a coach, we won't have a team/club/squad," whatever. What we parents don't realize is that these coaches have jobs and lives outside of this volunteer position.

Not that I think it is OK to cancel three practices in a row, however, I HAVE been railroaded into coaching and know that it is a huge commitment of your time. I know that I would have appreciated any help I could get. Maybe if a few parents volunteered to help out there wouldn't be as many practices cancelled?
shopper

Belle Center, OH

#20 Jan 20, 2009
You know what buckeyebabe. It has pretty much been left up to the parents to get the kids ready for the meets and coach them. When at the meets there is always a parent at the side of the mat for the wrestler NOT the coach. At the practices the kids do more running in a circle and skipping and rolling than they are taught any moves. This is no organization, there is no pres, vice pres, treasurer, secretary. There ALWAYS was before Jeremiah took over. When he took over he had everyone involved turn over everything they had to do with the club and ONLY his wife and he had their hands in it. It has gone to pot since then. Never any comunication, when you show up to the H.S. for practice sometimes the doors are locked, no practice. Or you show up and there is a H.S. game going on, no practice. Never a call to say, dont come, no practice. You just take your chances he might be there. And he does have all our #'s. So tell me if you might be upset. Pay to have you child in something and then just get brushed off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
obama's immigration executive order ruled uncon... 1 hr green maters 15
demos lose another in-doubt us house seat givin... 1 hr magictrix 3
Has Obama Turned The U.S. Into A Nuthouse? 1 hr FBI 87
Who do you believe is the most Sullen poster? (Aug '13) 2 hr USN Atheist 292
2016 2 hr magictrix 18
Does Inequality Really Exist In Amercia? 3 hr CALM STILL VOICE 27
Royal Dominion Investments 4 hr insider 2
Is Topix trying to destroy its own site? 7 hr buck 40
Bellefontaine Dating
Find my Match