Apartment interest
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

United States

#1 Jan 9, 2013
I am thinking of developing an apartment community with up scale amenities without the up scale price in the Indian Lake area and would like some area opinions. Please be honest and sincere with your comments.
Here is what I would offer, a club house with a gathering area, game room, 24 hour exercise room, basketball court, sand volleyball court, a walking path and an in ground swimming pool. I would offer the club house at no charge for those in the community for special gatherings. There would be different social events at the club house that all could attend.
I know there would be 2 and 3 bedrooms but not sure if I would need to have a one bedroom available.
Please respond with any comments, questions or ideas.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Great idea.

I am assuming not a waterfront property because of the "not upscale price"?
Curious

United States

#4 Jan 9, 2013
Ethel K wrote:
Great idea.
I am assuming not a waterfront property because of the "not upscale price"?
I would not be doing waterfront because of taxes but I still am looking at locations.
Justin Case

Marysville, OH

#5 Jan 9, 2013
Check liability insurance.
Curious

United States

#6 Jan 9, 2013
Justin Case wrote:
Check liability insurance.
That is an item on my list. Would you suggest any local agents?
DON W SOUTH

Grafton, OH

#7 Jan 9, 2013
I have alot of experience in development because I was the mayor of bellefontaine and I helped bring Honda to Ohio.

Indian lake is tough but there is opportunity. I would go to the Indian head indianhead road house and visit with some of the folks. There are many local attorneys and realeastate agents who routinely visit. The big dogs like gosley go there! And a real estate broker manages the place.

I would talk with commissioner wickersham because he is a local who understands the taxes, politics, and issues in the Indian lake region. He might even know who to talk to about financing the place.
DON W SOUTH

Grafton, OH

#8 Jan 9, 2013
Curious wrote:
I am thinking of developing an apartment community with up scale amenities without the up scale price in the Indian Lake area and would like some area opinions. Please be honest and sincere with your comments.
Here is what I would offer, a club house with a gathering area, game room, 24 hour exercise room, basketball court, sand volleyball court, a walking path and an in ground swimming pool. I would offer the club house at no charge for those in the community for special gatherings. There would be different social events at the club house that all could attend.
I know there would be 2 and 3 bedrooms but not sure if I would need to have a one bedroom available.
Please respond with any comments, questions or ideas.
Note: I thought you were talking about a resort/hotel. I didn't read your post completely.

Apartment complex might have problems. There are already many on the islands(think cranberries island) with many vacant. Alot of people are having trouble getting rid of their condos too.
Realtor

Zanesville, OH

#9 Jan 9, 2013
I'm a local real estate agent who would love to help you find the perfect property.
Curious

United States

#10 Jan 10, 2013
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Note: I thought you were talking about a resort/hotel. I didn't read your post completely.
Apartment complex might have problems. There are already many on the islands(think cranberries island) with many vacant. Alot of people are having trouble getting rid of their condos too.
I know there are some apartment complexes on the island but I think an apartment community would be more of an attractive alternative to the average apartment.
Curious

United States

#11 Jan 10, 2013
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
My goal is to give the same opportunity to those who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford the upscale living with all the extra amenities. I beleive if you give someone something to feel good about, they then feel good about themselves. At that point, they try a little harder to achieve more. If you continually make someone feel like they are below everyone, they will begin to think they are. That includes where and how they live.
Those with money should not be the only ones to enjoy the finer things.
animal control

Edison, OH

#12 Jan 10, 2013
i noticed some new lake lots.....Baby!

41.802809,-87.599568

http://maps.google.com/

no charge
animal control

Edison, OH

#14 Jan 10, 2013
animal control wrote:
i noticed some new lake lots.....Baby!
41.802809,-87.599568
http://maps.google.com/
no charge
err, i mean.....

40.503178,-83.839502
DON W SOUTH

Mount Vernon, OH

#13 Jan 10, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text> My goal is to give the same opportunity to those who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford the upscale living with all the extra amenities. I beleive if you give someone something to feel good about, they then feel good about themselves. At that point, they try a little harder to achieve more. If you continually make someone feel like they are below everyone, they will begin to think they are. That includes where and how they live.
People have plenty of opportunity. You'll make a horrible landlord with your attitude.
Curious

United States

#15 Jan 10, 2013
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
People have plenty of opportunity. You'll make a horrible landlord with your attitude.
Can you explain the opportunity you feel they have. There is not much, if anything, available for those that are somewhat limited or do not get much for what they pay.
animal control

Edison, OH

#16 Jan 10, 2013
this area is actually a bedroom community where people come to werk the forien mfg facuility and once the git thier pension or dissability, they go back to alabama, solmolia err mexico where they came frum in the first place ....sotaha' like a litl' detroit.......Baby!

no charge
Curious

United States

#17 Jan 10, 2013
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
The opportunity is giving people more for there money. The average rent at the lake is about $600, and what do you get for that. Many of the dwellings are about to fall down and how can you not feel deprived living in some of them.
I would think that if you could spend $600 a month on rent and have all of the amenities that I would provide, which would you choose?
DON W SOUTH

Mount Vernon, OH

#18 Jan 10, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>The opportunity is giving people more for there money. The average rent at the lake is about $600, and what do you get for that. Many of the dwellings are about to fall down and how can you not feel deprived living in some of them.
I would think that if you could spend $600 a month on rent and have all of the amenities that I would provide, which would you choose?
We want high rent at the lake because it keeps the lake rats out. Cheap rent = trailer trash. People from our of town will avoid Indian lake if we keep trashing it up. They add no value.
DON W SOUTH

Mount Vernon, OH

#19 Jan 10, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>The opportunity is giving people more for there money. The average rent at the lake is about $600, and what do you get for that. Many of the dwellings are about to fall down and how can you not feel deprived living in some of them.
They need to move to bellefontaine then.
just input

Bellefontaine, OH

#20 Jan 10, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text> My goal is to give the same opportunity to those who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford the upscale living with all the extra amenities. I beleive if you give someone something to feel good about, they then feel good about themselves. At that point, they try a little harder to achieve more. If you continually make someone feel like they are below everyone, they will begin to think they are. That includes where and how they live.
I would say for the lake it would be nice they do have e lake has like that in belle like highpoint aparments and they allow animals for an extra fee the lake has condo communities in which some cant get loans at this time but still would like a nice place to live i think highpoints pricing is not to bad either with a 3 bedroom for a little over 800 a month but as soon as someone moves it to the lake price increases the people whom live here year around should not have the tax of a vacation area a well maintained and high efficiency apartment with ammenties and the option to take your animal with you at additional cost is expected and well worth 8 to 900 a month
just input

Bellefontaine, OH

#21 Jan 10, 2013
i will have to say after reading additional comments im disappointed i have grown up around the lake and lived here on and off most of my life and people are correct u get a pile of crap place to live in for vacation priced renting not makeing it easy to rent to the normal person like myself that doesnt want my kids to grow up in a dump or a area filled with sexual predators the average working person not one at honda can afford much more than6 or 700 dollars a month rent plus all the other bills let alone if u r single how much harder that would be but i would say the majority of us still want a nice neighbor clean well maintained areas for are kids to play i work hard and feel i have to transport my kids to lake for a good education and live in bellefontaine to have a nicer proper place to live

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! (Jan '17) 6 hr Mein Trumpf 1,697
Do You Support Gay Marriage? (Apr '09) Sat Geraldo 1,255
Life Lesson's! (Nov '16) Sat CALM STILL VOICE 399
Is Topix on Life Support? (May '15) Sat CALM STILL VOICE 94
News Suspected heroin overdose victim revived in Bel... Sat Wite_Out 7
Old Post Office (Feb '09) Jul 21 Charlie Chipmonk 32
Positive Teens? Jul 21 Jeanieg1601 4

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance