where do you go for depression and wh...

where do you go for depression and who can you trust

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
whats the point

Lakeview, OH

#1 Oct 10, 2008
when you cant trust doctors, and so called best friends, or the medical profession, who do you go to? Your pastor? i dont think i was told all you could do is pray...(back in 1987)I believe in that, but need more right now...need help badly...suicide is the next best thing right now for me...help...please every one put aside your judgments, and help with good advice of who to call or what to do... i have been to church, dieted, exercised, worked exta hours, taken care of grandchildren, been busy, volunteered,...but not helping...have been offered meds for depression...doesnt work...this has been going on for a year or better now...what next? go in garage with car running is next resorce...sorry...been too much lately... please help...need advise soon...or it may be too late...
Listener

Lima, OH

#2 Oct 10, 2008
You might need to just go somewhere and screem to release some of your built in stress. I went through some of this when my hubby was sick. Not a fun thing to go through. Only you can ultimately decide whether your life is worth keeping. Maybe you need to see another doctor.

Have a friend who is bipolar and for a year wanted to commit suicide until she saw the right doctor who put her on lithium to help her.

There is a point.
hOTHEAD uGLY

Mansfield, OH

#3 Oct 10, 2008
you opened up yourself to insults

talk to God, you don't need men in robes to do that

Since: Aug 08

Belle Center, OH

#4 Oct 10, 2008
whats the point wrote:
when you cant trust doctors, and so called best friends, or the medical profession, who do you go to? Your pastor? i dont think i was told all you could do is pray...(back in 1987)I believe in that, but need more right now...need help badly...suicide is the next best thing right now for me...help...please every one put aside your judgments, and help with good advice of who to call or what to do... i have been to church, dieted, exercised, worked exta hours, taken care of grandchildren, been busy, volunteered,...but not helping...have been offered meds for depression...doesnt work...this has been going on for a year or better now...what next? go in garage with car running is next resorce...sorry...been too much lately... please help...need advise soon...or it may be too late...
Pray , pray, and then pray some more. The hard part is trusting God for the answers. He will take care of you, if you let him.
whats the point

Lakeview, OH

#5 Oct 10, 2008
Thank you all for your help...yes i have opened mysel to insults...but i am used to that in my life...and i will continue to pray..pray...pray...i know in my hear that is the only answer...the devil is trying hard to get me because i am trying hard to be with God...thank you all...those who do belive, please pray for me...thank you...
Cuttin Edge

United States

#6 Oct 10, 2008
whats the point wrote:
Thank you all for your help...yes i have opened mysel to insults...but i am used to that in my life...and i will continue to pray..pray...pray...i know in my hear that is the only answer...the devil is trying hard to get me because i am trying hard to be with God...thank you all...those who do belive, please pray for me...thank you...
I am so sorry that no one on here took you seriously. There is no way praying is going to help you. Shame on you Hothead Ugly. I expect better from you. You need meds. There is no way around that. You may not have gotten the right meds. before or the right doctor for that matter. I am telling you go to my Doctor. She is a woman and she will LISTEN. She will leave no stone unturned to find you the right meds or to turn you over to the RIGHT doctor. Her name is Angie Rutan with Madriver Internal Medicine. They are located out by the YMCA. Depression is a serious disease and should not be taken lightly. There is probably a chemical imbalance in there and praying to god is not going to help. Everyone gets depressed once in awhile but from what you've described its more than that. If you have no trust in anyone, even a best friend and are seriously thinking suicide you need help. Its obvious to me that you are crying out for help. Any kind of help. People on here should of taken you more serious. Please call Angie ASAP. Let me know what you
think. Don't do anything to hurt yourself. Also isn't there a suicide hotline to call? Please take care of youself and know people care about you. You will get thru this just try and think positive. Good luck to you.
Sow Hugger

United States

#7 Oct 10, 2008
whats the point wrote:
Try Dr. Prasad. He is a psychiatrist. He is someone you can trust. Just remember if you believe in God you can't commit suicide, that's the surest way to be with the devil.
Auntieem

United States

#8 Oct 10, 2008
They have not found the right meds for you yet .Keep on the doctor and tell him you need to try something else till he finds something that works .You body could be lacking something that it needs .
But please always think of your family and how hard it would be for them if you were not around . And your grandchildren would be devastated the most..Chemical imbalance , Have the doc run a check .
Any way Please don't be upset with me this is jmo and I just want to help and if I have offended you am sorry .

Since: Aug 08

Belle Center, OH

#9 Oct 10, 2008
whats the point wrote:
Hang in there "what's the point" I'm putting you on my list, and won't take you off till I know things are getting better. Keep us posted.

“There are unseen dangers,”

Since: Jul 08

Practice safe computing.

#10 Oct 10, 2008
I lost a daughter at 18 months six years ago and a month later I was driving to Russellís Point, when I saw the Neil Armstrong Museum in Wapak. I realized I needed some counseling because I didn't know how I got there. Months later we started the process of adopting our daughter Lili and my problems ended.(Some will say I still have a few) When we got her in China I was so excited I felt guilty for ever doubting God taking care of things. You do not have to trust anyone but yourself for right now, and know that all of us go through tough times occasionally. Tonight I sit here at the office on the couch watching Nickelodeon with the little girls we adopted. Aren't they pretty http://www.cabincam.net/girls.jpg And to think six years ago I never though I would be happy.

If you need someone to talk to call me 24 hours a day at five99-4767 I will be the one answering the phone, and am a good listener. Just ask for Naked Man and I will know you are not a paying customer!(lol) I am a total nite-owl.

I am happily married for 23 years, have five children, and a dog so no I am not interested in anything except maybe getting you through a tough time. My name is Scott and I am serious about my offer. Be sure you get lots of sleep,(that helped me a bunch) and stay away from any alcohol or unusual medications.
~~~~~~~~~~
Here is why I am happy http://www.cabincam.net/family08t.jpg I am the handsome one with the beard! Please call if you feel you need to. I do take you seriously. You have my word on that.
Cuttin Edge

United States

#11 Oct 10, 2008
That was a very nice post Scott! I'm sure that helped her alot. Knowing that you came thru a terrible loss and are now again happy gives her hope!! I sure do wish her the best. I have her in my prayers.

Also, glad your happy too!! I can't even imagine what you went thru. Too painful to even think of it.
PeaceLoveJoy

Cardington, OH

#12 Oct 10, 2008
It sounds as if possibly you suffer from symptoms other than depression. Have you been diagnosed with Bi-Polar? It sounds as if your in the depression part of the illness, which is usually accompanied by haunting thoughts of suicide. If the medication you were prescribed didn't work, or maybe you hadn't taken it long enough(sometimes, it can take up to six months), try a different one or a different dosage. Don't give up!

hOTHEAD uGLY

Mansfield, OH

#13 Oct 10, 2008
Cuttin Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry that no one on here took you seriously. There is no way praying is going to help you. Shame on you Hothead Ugly. I expect better from you. You need meds. There is no way around that. You may not have gotten the right meds. before or the right doctor for that matter. I am telling you go to my Doctor. She is a woman and she will LISTEN. She will leave no stone unturned to find you the right meds or to turn you over to the RIGHT doctor. Her name is Angie Rutan with Madriver Internal Medicine. They are located out by the YMCA. Depression is a serious disease and should not be taken lightly. There is probably a chemical imbalance in there and praying to god is not going to help. Everyone gets depressed once in awhile but from what you've described its more than that. If you have no trust in anyone, even a best friend and are seriously thinking suicide you need help. Its obvious to me that you are crying out for help. Any kind of help. People on here should of taken you more serious. Please call Angie ASAP. Let me know what you
think. Don't do anything to hurt yourself. Also isn't there a suicide hotline to call? Please take care of youself and know people care about you. You will get thru this just try and think positive. Good luck to you.
praying does lift peoples spirits

Practice safe computing.

#14 Oct 10, 2008
"whats the point", are you still awake and online with us? Just give me a "one ringer" if you like. I will say hay to you here to let you know we are thinking of you.
hOTHEAD uGLY

Mansfield, OH

#15 Oct 10, 2008
Cuttin Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
shame on me? What is this grade school?

Practice safe computing.

#16 Oct 10, 2008
Hey, no ringy dingy.
How's come?

if you like just give us one of these :-)
whats the point

Lakeview, OH

#17 Oct 11, 2008
Oh, everyone, thankyou so much for your support. It is nice to know there ARE GOOD PEOPLE like your selves out there who are willing to listen, offer help and good kind advice. I will take you all up on going to a better doctor, and keep praying, and know that it would hurt my grandchildren if something happened. Just being able to vent a little, and cry for help and have good people like your selves out there to offer ...i am so sorry for what you went through scott...i am so happy for you and your family.
I have always said this was the best topix out there...and i still believe so. Tonight/last night just confirmd it.(sorry about spelling, waiting on coffee to brew...lol) And there was no ringy dingy, because i went to bed and actually prayed my self to sleep to help not do somethng stupid. thank you again...and by the way, i am feeling a little better this morning...but i am still going to pursue your advice of better doctors. thank you all again...
hOTHEAD uGLY

Mansfield, OH

#18 Oct 11, 2008
anytime, please let us know ow you are doing from time to time, and good luck
christina

Urbana, OH

#19 Oct 11, 2008
whats the point wrote:
Oh, everyone, thankyou so much for your support. It is nice to know there ARE GOOD PEOPLE like your selves out there who are willing to listen, offer help and good kind advice. I will take you all up on going to a better doctor, and keep praying, and know that it would hurt my grandchildren if something happened. Just being able to vent a little, and cry for help and have good people like your selves out there to offer ...i am so sorry for what you went through scott...i am so happy for you and your family.
I have always said this was the best topix out there...and i still believe so. Tonight/last night just confirmd it.(sorry about spelling, waiting on coffee to brew...lol) And there was no ringy dingy, because i went to bed and actually prayed my self to sleep to help not do somethng stupid. thank you again...and by the way, i am feeling a little better this morning...but i am still going to pursue your advice of better doctors. thank you all again...
I went through a serious mental health issue about a year or so ago. I had panic attacks daily and missed a lot of work. Counseling with a pastor and friends did not do the trick, although it helped to know they cared.
I called Dettmer, in Troy. I saw Dr Atiq there as advice from a friend. He found good meds for me and helped me to discover the issues in my past that I needed to deal with. I wrote letters to all the people in my life who were negative and postive and got things off my chest that I had hidden for years.
I no longer see Dr Atiq but continue medication (Cymbalta) until I have been in remission for a year which will be in April. I really suggest Dettmer, it is a drive but worth the once or twice a month visits.
I too felt like suicide was the only out but found very quickly that this was not the case.

Practice safe computing.

#20 Oct 11, 2008
whats the point wrote:
Write my number down, I am always available. Glad to hear you are happier this morning. I am not trained in mental health issues, just a person who cares. I found going to church helped me a bunch, but understand that is not always what someone wants to hear. Now my medicine is hugging the wife, kids and a soppy wet kiss on the forehead from the dog!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
friday night bingo in bellefontaine !!!!!! at... 12 hr I will be watching 4
Operation Desert Stormy 21 hr Caiaphas 3
Why Doesn't Trump release his tax returns? (May '16) 21 hr Caiaphas 26
Chief Standley & Ben Stahler need to go 22 hr The truth 17
christ our king church (Dec '09) Thu Mark B 78
Jim Jordan whining again Thu Caiaphas 4
what does the Democratic ticket look like in 2020? Thu Caiaphas 100

Bellefontaine Jobs

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages