Forget the guns!
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pollster

Lewistown, OH

#1 Dec 20, 2012
This mans sentiments are what I have been saying since day one. Guns are not the problem. They remain only symptoms! The cause is clearly a national lack of morals. And the liberals are the ones that create these monsters! God forbid anyone be asked to be responsible. Much less act in a moral manner. The liberal mindset is, if it feels good do it! Yes, liberal atheist,and the supporters of homosexuality, polygamy and other corruptions are responsible for much of the moral breakdowns in our society that create these monsters. Given what this group supports that I mentioned why would our nation not produce these monsters?

And I thank God for the outright honesty of this man your reading about. I will have to post this in two separate post.
And dont waste your time whining to me about how upset you are concerning what I posted. I could care less!
COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER !!

Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:
"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,

Your words are empty air.

You've stripped away our heritage,

You've outlawed simple prayer.

Now gunshots fill our classrooms,

And precious children die.

You seek for answers everywhere,

And ask the question "Why?"

You regulate restrictive laws,

Through legislative creed.

And yet you fail to understand,

That God is what we need!
Pollster

Lewistown, OH

#2 Dec 20, 2012
COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER !!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"
- Darrell Scott
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#3 Dec 20, 2012
Pollster wrote:
This mans sentiments are what I have been saying since day one. Guns are not the problem. They remain only symptoms! The cause is clearly a national lack of morals. And the liberals are the ones that create these monsters! God forbid anyone be asked to be responsible. Much less act in a moral manner. The liberal mindset is, if it feels good do it! Yes, liberal atheist,and the supporters of homosexuality, polygamy and other corruptions are responsible for much of the moral breakdowns in our society that create these monsters. Given what this group supports that I mentioned why would our nation not produce these monsters?
And I thank God for the outright honesty of this man your reading about. I will have to post this in two separate post.
And dont waste your time whining to me about how upset you are concerning what I posted. I could care less!
COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER !!
Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.
They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:
"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.
"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.
"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent
I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.
Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!
Excellent and we have a spending problem and not a tax problem. This all should serve us to remember that things are agenda driven and not common sense driven. I had such hope that we would finally get a responsible govt. and what we got is worse.
Pollster

Lewistown, OH

#4 Dec 20, 2012
GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent and we have a spending problem and not a tax problem. This all should serve us to remember that things are agenda driven and not common sense driven. I had such hope that we would finally get a responsible govt. and what we got is worse.
Yes you are absolutely correct!!

And of course Obama will milk this recent shooting for all its worth. Because it shifts the nations thoughts from Benghazi, out of control spending and a host of other corruptions this mental midget has created.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5 Dec 20, 2012
GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent and we have a spending problem and not a tax problem. This all should serve us to remember that things are agenda driven and not common sense driven. I had such hope that we would finally get a responsible govt. and what we got is worse.
The government is only worse because you belong to the tea party.
You want everyone to follow your form of goose stepping democracy. If you don't want to pay taxes, then don't pay them. If you don't like living here, then move somewhere else. You will still be able to draw your social security check. Well, gotta go, I'll let you and tea party pollster get back to stroking each other.

Since: Oct 10

Loveland, OH

#6 Dec 20, 2012
Ironbutterfly wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is only worse because you belong to the tea party.
You want everyone to follow your form of goose stepping democracy. If you don't want to pay taxes, then don't pay them. If you don't like living here, then move somewhere else. You will still be able to draw your social security check. Well, gotta go, I'll let you and tea party pollster get back to stroking each other.
Iron - from looking at your last posts, you seem to have a resolute hatred flowing thru you. I used to think you were above that. Guess winning has given you a new edge.

You keep complaining about the Tea Party and yet you've never answered the basic questions asked of you. What is it about fiscal responsibility, limited government and economic freedom, the tenants of the Tea Party, which you oppose? You seem to tie your personal hatred of Voice and Don to what are pretty sound fundamentals I think.

Put more bluntly, why do you think generational theft from your kids, grandkids and potential great grandkids is such a good idea? Perhaps if you veered you passion toward responding to that rather than venting you hatred (and trying to hide it with a hee hee hee), you'd be doing something a bit more constructive.

“The party of whine”

Since: Mar 10

Belletucky

#7 Dec 20, 2012
thud333 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iron - from looking at your last posts, you seem to have a resolute hatred flowing thru you. I used to think you were above that. Guess winning has given you a new edge.
You keep complaining about the Tea Party and yet you've never answered the basic questions asked of you. What is it about fiscal responsibility, limited government and economic freedom, the tenants of the Tea Party, which you oppose? You seem to tie your personal hatred of Voice and Don to what are pretty sound fundamentals I think.
Put more bluntly, why do you think generational theft from your kids, grandkids and potential great grandkids is such a good idea? Perhaps if you veered you passion toward responding to that rather than venting you hatred (and trying to hide it with a hee hee hee), you'd be doing something a bit more constructive.
This is sort of a reoccurring theme with you isn't it? Anyone who disagrees with your extreme nonsense is full of hate. Maybe YOU need to reexamine yourself and quit blaming everyone else for your lack of wisdom and understanding when it comes to discussing the big issues.

Since: Oct 10

Loveland, OH

#8 Dec 20, 2012
Jacques Strape wrote:
<quoted text> This is sort of a reoccurring theme with you isn't it? Anyone who disagrees with your extreme nonsense is full of hate. Maybe YOU need to reexamine yourself and quit blaming everyone else for your lack of wisdom and understanding when it comes to discussing the big issues.
Its not the disagreement - its the tone. Iron used to be reaonsably civil - no more.

Matter of fact if you actually read the post I asked him a question. I'd ask you the same. What is it about generational theft that you find so appealing?

“The party of whine”

Since: Mar 10

Belletucky

#9 Dec 20, 2012
thud333 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not the disagreement - its the tone. Iron used to be reaonsably civil - no more.
Matter of fact if you actually read the post I asked him a question. I'd ask you the same. What is it about generational theft that you find so appealing?
Please..you act like this is the first time in the history that Americans were asked to pay their fair share. If you don't like to pay taxes, don't.
GW was dumb when he came in with a $200 billion surplus, started 2 wars and cut taxes. The American people wanted to help and sacrifice and he told them to go shopping. He left this country in a financial mess and he has an MBA from Harvard. when he left office we were $1.6 trillion in debt headed for a great depression. Much of Obama's debt comes from the programs that Bush implemented.
You keep watching dummy news and let them tell you how to think. There is reality and then there is the BS you that you've accept as reality.

See, I don't have to cuss, I didn't call you a fcking moron or anything.
ack

Sunbury, OH

#10 Dec 20, 2012
the problem lies in the laws that say you cant raise your kids right anymore when you cant correct your kids or the teachers have no authority anymore to disaplin your kids. kids these days have lost all respect to authority these kids need good disapline in the house and in schools back in 1990 and earlier we got our buts beat in school and home and there wasnt this kind of violence in schools anywhere punishment was harsh back then fearful. but then you got people complaining and laws passed now you cant even yell at your kids anymore and look at the crime rates school shootings keep rising

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Dec 20, 2012
thud333 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iron - from looking at your last posts, you seem to have a resolute hatred flowing thru you. I used to think you were above that. Guess winning has given you a new edge.
You keep complaining about the Tea Party and yet you've never answered the basic questions asked of you. What is it about fiscal responsibility, limited government and economic freedom, the tenants of the Tea Party, which you oppose? You seem to tie your personal hatred of Voice and Don to what are pretty sound fundamentals I think.
Put more bluntly, why do you think generational theft from your kids, grandkids and potential great grandkids is such a good idea? Perhaps if you veered you passion toward responding to that rather than venting you hatred (and trying to hide it with a hee hee hee), you'd be doing something a bit more constructive.
Hmmmm. Hatred...no I don't think so. I see your group for what they are. I refuse to let South, GBA, and your favorite tea party loose cannon Voice/Pollster have their way on here. Now, those three gentlemen belong to your tribe, I don't have a tribe.
I have yet to see you disagree with them on any item they post on.
So if I am the one who now lacks civility, then what about your 3 amigos? If you want me to play nice, then keep your kids on a shorter leash. HeHe...If I am posting hatred, then so are they. Funny how your tribal insticts prevent you from seeing that.
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#12 Dec 20, 2012
Ironbutterfly wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is only worse because you belong to the tea party.
You want everyone to follow your form of goose stepping democracy. If you don't want to pay taxes, then don't pay them. If you don't like living here, then move somewhere else. You will still be able to draw your social security check. Well, gotta go, I'll let you and tea party pollster get back to stroking each other.
Check yyour meds big boy, I am with the out of power bunch remember? I still work and yes the checks still come. I seem to recall a threat from the left that if you vote for a Republican your checks will stop. Ah yes, Ed Asner and his wonderful phone performance.
TRUTH

Mansfield, OH

#13 Dec 20, 2012
Ironbutterfly wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is only worse because you belong to the tea party.
You want everyone to follow your form of goose stepping democracy. If you don't want to pay taxes, then don't pay them. If you don't like living here, then move somewhere else. You will still be able to draw your social security check. Well, gotta go, I'll let you and tea party pollster get back to stroking each other.
The government only has the power because of sheep like you. Sheep unable to make a personal decision, unable to make a business decision, and unwilling to make the sacrifice to stick their neck out and take the risk to stand up and provide for themselves. The current state of our county reminds me of Germany in the 30's. The sheep needed a charismatic shepherd back then. Look what they got. The sheep today are have found their shepherd. Do you see much of a difference? There is a snake in wood pile ladies and gentlemen. The sheep will be the last to see it before it bites.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#14 Dec 20, 2012
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
The government only has the power because of sheep like you. Sheep unable to make a personal decision, unable to make a business decision, and unwilling to make the sacrifice to stick their neck out and take the risk to stand up and provide for themselves. The current state of our county reminds me of Germany in the 30's. The sheep needed a charismatic shepherd back then. Look what they got. The sheep today are have found their shepherd. Do you see much of a difference? There is a snake in wood pile ladies and gentlemen. The sheep will be the last to see it before it bites.
Really. And what is this theory called...The Koch manifest?
You guys really seem to take a fancy to rich Germans, don't you?
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#15 Dec 20, 2012
Ironbutterfly wrote:
<quoted text>
Really. And what is this theory called...The Koch manifest?
You guys really seem to take a fancy to rich Germans, don't you?
Oh you think so eh? Well watch this Mr Smarty Pants

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#16 Dec 20, 2012
Ironbutterfly wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is only worse because you belong to the tea party.
You want everyone to follow your form of goose stepping democracy. If you don't want to pay taxes, then don't pay them. If you don't like living here, then move somewhere else. You will still be able to draw your social security check. Well, gotta go, I'll let you and tea party pollster get back to stroking each other.
Typical Liberal coward. Runs his mouth and scampers away.
Sandie

Bellefontaine, OH

#17 Dec 21, 2012
Pollster wrote:
COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER !!
"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.
"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!
My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"
- Darrell Scott
They did not take God out of the schools or any other federal buildings for the solel purpose of taking GOD away from America. They did it because in this country we have religious freedom and can't be persecuted for whatever religious beliefs we adhere to. You do believe in religious freedom, don't you Voice? You are aware that the United States is a melting pot of all different nationalities and religions, don't you? Should a Jewish boy be forced to participate in a Christian prayer in school? How about a Christian girl being forced to say a muslim prayer? What I'm asking from all of you is what prayer from what religion should be the selected as the customary practice in public schools? Can you answer me that? Which religions will not be allowed to say their prayers?

This whole shooting has re-ignited an issue (that of prayer in schools) that absolutely has no merit or basis in fact. They did not remove prayer from school as an attempt to remove God. How can you take God out of the heart of the believer, anyway? The reason they removed prayer in schools and government buildings was because people of different faiths were being forced to one system of religious belief , which is unconstitutional because there is separation of church and state.

. Hey Voice, do you believe in an omnipotent God? Then how can he be removed from anywhere? Do you honestly believe that God let 20 innocent babies die because her was angry and insulted that prayer was removed from school? I thought God lives in the people who love and believe in him, not in a man-made building like a courthouse or school, or even a church! Well, I'm sorry fellow if that's the impression you have of a heavenly Father, because it sure isn't my idea of what God is. And if the reason kids were killed in school is because prayer was removed, then how come people get massacred sitting right in a church where prayer is allowed? Can you explain that? Can you? See, you logic does not stand up!
Sandie

Bellefontaine, OH

#18 Dec 21, 2012
Wouldn't it be more appropriate if parents said prayers at home with their kids before they sent them to school in the mornings? Even more important, why can't they teach their kids to pray themselves ---say a silent prayer wherever they want, whatever time they want? Im pretty sure the Bible talks about people not having to pray in public to be seen by other men, and neither have I ever read where a person has to verbally talk to God when he says a prayer.
If they allow prayer in the schools, they are going to have to give every kid of every religion equal time to say their devotions to God. It just can't be one selected religion doing the service everyday. That would be tie consuming and take up time from your kids getting an education. You all know darn well , if you are Christians, that you would not appreciate your son or daughter being forced to observe an Islam religious practice, now would you? So you cannot expect a jewish or a muslim kid to be forced to observe a Christina practice.... not if you believe in freedom of religion and equal opportunity!

Besides , just how many roles do you expect the teachers to take nowadays?,They are supposed to educate your kids, not take the place of the parent. Now you want them to teach your kids religion too, at the same time you want them to carry weapons on their persons to protect your kids.
Sandie

Bellefontaine, OH

#19 Dec 21, 2012
Fleetcaptain wrote:
<quoted text>Typical Liberal coward. Runs his mouth and scampers away.
You know, I have observed something about you conservatives here on Topix. Every-time a "liberal" doesn't answer you right away, you accuse them of being a coward and running away. Ethel accused Kuma Sutra of this the other day. Don't you think that there are some people who don't spend their every moment on Topix and have lives and other things to do? I'm sure Iron Butterfly is going to be back on this thread today to respond to you, so cant you wait? Why such impatience!

Here's something else I've noticed, is that whenever I have asked one of you conservatives anything, you never answer the question at all. Now am I to start lowering myself and start calling you a coward conservative who is running away from answering my questions each time you avoid to respond?

Here's one more thing....you will get upset if a lib calls you a name, claim that liberals can't debate without calling you names, and then what do you do next on another thread----YOU CALL ANOTHER LIBERAL , WHO WASN'T THE ONE WHO CALLED YOU A NAME ON THE OTHER THread ---A NAME! Now go figure!!!
Sandie

Bellefontaine, OH

#20 Dec 21, 2012
ack wrote:
the problem lies in the laws that say you cant raise your kids right anymore when you cant correct your kids or the teachers have no authority anymore to disaplin your kids. kids these days have lost all respect to authority these kids need good disapline in the house and in schools back in 1990 and earlier we got our buts beat in school and home and there wasnt this kind of violence in schools anywhere punishment was harsh back then fearful. but then you got people complaining and laws passed now you cant even yell at your kids anymore and look at the crime rates school shootings keep rising
I have to agree with that Animal Control. I remember a couple times when I got paddled in school, and it taught me a lesson. I still loved my teacher and parents didnt run to the schools to complain either. They knew if the teacher was going to teach the kids, and have to babysit them too, that she or he had to keep the class under control so the whole class could benefit instead of letting one kid disrupt the whole class-room..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do You Support Gay Marriage? (Apr '09) 1 hr Geraldo 1,248
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! 3 hr Mein Trumpf 1,678
Positive Teens? 3 hr Jeanieg1601 4
News Suspected heroin overdose victim revived in Bel... 12 hr Wite_Out 2
Old Post Office (Feb '09) 17 hr Charlie Chipmonk 30
wls Wed LCR 1
News Heather O'Donnell assigned to work from home Jul 18 Stan 3

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages