What is the difference between Bellef...

What is the difference between Bellefontaine and Marysville?

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Flower Girl

Ashville, OH

#1 May 2, 2008
Marysville is growing by leaps and bounds. What is holding Bellefontaine back?

►Rooster’s Wings – 16450 Square Drive (Philly’s Bar & Grill)
►2 Office Buildings – 13,000 total square footage at 504 East 4th Street
►Mill Valley Office Center – St. Rte. 31 - Under Construction
►Cue Stick Café– Columbus Avenue next to Infinity Grill – Under Construction
►Conway’s BBQ – old Bob Evans, 16421 Square Drive
Future tenants for East Pointe Plaza (Rte. 36 & Watkins Rd.) include:
►Lowe’s Home Improvement –(old Wal-Mart)
Future tenants for City Gate Commercial Park include:
►White Castle – Zoning permit application has been approved
Future tenants for the shopping center next to Wal-Mart include:
►Empire Buffet – Hibachi Grill & Sushi Bar – Under Renovation ►Jack’s Aquarium – 449 Coleman’s Crossing Blvd. ►Mango’s Tex-Mex – 435 Coleman’s Crossing Blvd.(next to Jack’s Aquarium)
Flower Girl

Ashville, OH

#2 May 2, 2008
please excuse the numbers lol I obviously do not know how to cut and paste lol
justdamomma

Sevierville, TN

#3 May 2, 2008
Me thinks its the locale. They are close enough to Columbus and Dublin to pull traffic from there and close enough to other places that you get that big town feel without going clear to Columbus. Delaware is the same way. If Bellefontaine was to grow at that level we would never become a Columbus suburb, but where would we grow? We would literally take over W. Lib, DeGraff and all the other little burgs around here. Location is everything. Most of the growth in Marysville is literally at 33 & 36. They have the traffic flow to support that growth. It would be nice to see some good "anchor" restaurants and stores come into this area, so the folks of this county would spend their money in this community.
Flower Girl

Ashville, OH

#4 May 2, 2008
Bellefontaine has the same opportunities...33&540, 33&68...but the city leaders are hell bent on building up the south end of Bellefontaine, while the rest of the city dies.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#5 May 2, 2008
You are so right. The biggest thing going in on the north end is the waffle house. How pathetic is that.
GBA

Bellefontaine, OH

#6 May 2, 2008
Comfort Inn with their Karoke Bar. Who owns the land on North 68?

“Changes in Latitude...”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#7 May 2, 2008
I never understood the reasoning of all of these businesses on the south end of town. If things would build up at 68 & 33 there would be so much more traffic to support these businesses. During the winter business might come in from Mad River Mountain customers, etc.

Since: Apr 08

Greenville, SC

#8 May 2, 2008
also since mville is closer to cbus, there are probably alot more people who live there that commute to cbus everyday.
I HATE the south end of town, I avoid it whenever I can
froggy

Galena, OH

#9 May 3, 2008
all the city's problems could be solved with a LONG JOHN SILVERS in town.
justdamomma

Sevierville, TN

#10 May 3, 2008
I'm not sure Long John Silvers, maybe Captain D's, even Red Lobster. But hey it's a start.
Flower Girl

Ashville, OH

#11 May 3, 2008
I vote for Sonic's lol
chunkychick

Chillicothe, OH

#12 May 3, 2008
Love Sonic. Any close to here?
DickTracy

North Webster, IN

#13 May 3, 2008
They just built one in Urbana.
fckhead

Lafayette, OH

#14 May 3, 2008
Bellefontaine just sucks. Maybe it's the people that live there!!
fckhead

Lafayette, OH

#15 May 3, 2008
Sorry not everyone just the GOB.
hOTHEAD uGLY

Mount Gilead, OH

#16 May 3, 2008
we need a good restaurant, like a red lobster or olive garden, and close to downtown. when you come in on 33, it looks like town is small. marysville has the 33-36 intersection, and everything is there.
Peebody

Mount Liberty, OH

#17 Aug 29, 2008
PROFESSIONAL city managers instead of former fire chiefs or bar owners as city Administrators!
what the heck

Galena, OH

#18 Aug 29, 2008
Bellefontaine and Logan County had the opportunity to take Honda up on its offer 30 plus years ago to build the auto plant in this county not in Union county. The powers that be then were so anti-Japanese that they said NO and the rest is history. Now the citizens of this county can only wish for what could have been because leaders then were so bleeping narrow-minded and short-sighted and refused to look forward into the future.

Marysville and Union county's leaders jumped on the chance to keep their little farming community from becoming a ghost town, and now we in Logan County get to live with the stupidity that preceded us and the deterioration of the community that is it's result.
Peebody

Mount Liberty, OH

#19 Aug 29, 2008
what the heck wrote:
Bellefontaine and Logan County had the opportunity to take Honda up on its offer 30 plus years ago to build the auto plant in this county not in Union county. The powers that be then were so anti-Japanese that they said NO and the rest is history. Now the citizens of this county can only wish for what could have been because leaders then were so bleeping narrow-minded and short-sighted and refused to look forward into the future.
Marysville and Union county's leaders jumped on the chance to keep their little farming community from becoming a ghost town, and now we in Logan County get to live with the stupidity that preceded us and the deterioration of the community that is it's result.
Amen!

Years ago they also did not want the Ford engine plant that is now in Lima built here, also that "mall" that wanted to go at 540 and 33 as they could not afford to put city sewer and water to them. I could go on but the fact is this is just not a forward thinking, progressive, changeable community!
1Chieftain

Fairborn, OH

#20 Aug 29, 2008
I think justdamomma hit the nail on the head. People in Bellefontaine have deserted their own businesses over the years to produce what we have now. With the exception of Walmart, of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Logan county courthouse 5 hr Goldfinger 3
Old timers (May '10) 6 hr William Owen 246
IS the DEMOCRAT PARTY in DANGER of EXTINCTION? 9 hr Golden Don 77
Life Lesson's! 12 hr CALM STILL VOICE 108
Murder case Jan 13 Lucy 1
German Shepherds (Apr '10) Jan 13 MrsArnold 25
Poll Who is the best former BHS basketball player (Dec '08) Jan 13 GBA-freedom 86

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages