Accident on 33 West / CR 55 bridge
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
So Sad

Mansfield, OH

#61 May 25, 2011
Decency wrote:
I agree the incident was most regrettable. If only there were a way to reverse the hands of Time! On the other hand, do we want to treat a clumsy, inebriated but otherwise respectable citizen like Chris Reames the same way we do a deliberate cold-blooded murderer like Sam Littleton? Both are culpable in what they did. To me, however, there's a great difference in degree. Chris did not try to hide and mutilate his victims' corpses, go on to kill others and flea across state lines to escape retribution.
If you want to paint Mr Reames as just a clumsy, inebriated but otherwise respectable citizen, keep in mind he did not have a chance to hide what he did because his crime was committed on a public highway. In my opinion what he did was premeditated because he chose to get drunk then get behind the wheel and put many lives in danger. If you are to through Littleton's name in this for comparison, he said he didn't know why he did what he did either. And Mr Reames has been arrested for DUI before, I believe he is just as guilty as the other killer, both of their victims died at the hands of monsters.
Lord Knows

Marysville, OH

#62 May 26, 2011
Blood test proves DRUNK wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why he will not be sentenced to life in prison without ANY chance of getting out. If Reames lives to be 85-90 he can get out and do whatever he wants to do. He is not getting life but he took one! And he can still visit with ALL of his family from behind bars. Paige is gone at 14 years old. Reames needs to pay for the young life he took. If it were your 14 year old taken you might understand. The drunk made the choice and will now get the consequences he deserves for his actions.
By the way, Paiges family was told that Reames is being released from the Hospital next Tueaday. He will immediately be arrested and charged with a MULTITUDE OF CHARGES, Including DUI (the blood test results are back) and he will finish healing in a jail cell waiting to get found guilty and sentenced!
How can you place a monetary or year value on a life, no matter what the age of the victim? Death is final. Taking another life will not bring back the first. Some things are best left in the hands of God. If we insist on exacting vengeance, we are moving backwards.

When you take the first drink--which is not illegal, mind you--I am not sure you retain much control over what happens next.
Truly Tragic

Spotsylvania, VA

#63 May 26, 2011
Lord Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you place a monetary or year value on a life, no matter what the age of the victim? Death is final. Taking another life will not bring back the first. Some things are best left in the hands of God. If we insist on exacting vengeance, we are moving backwards.
When you take the first drink--which is not illegal, mind you--I am not sure you retain much control over what happens next.
I have to disagree with you. I believe that most people who drink remember their 1st, 2nd and even their 3rd drinks. You can not tell me that after a single beer you do not retain much control over yourself. Even a rum and coke. Now if you had a long island ice tea... maybe I can understand not having much control, but if your out having long island ice teas you should have already taken the necessary precautions to insure you do not do something stupid.
Betty Boop

Muskogee, OK

#64 May 26, 2011
Blood test proves DRUNK wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why he will not be sentenced to life in prison without ANY chance of getting out. If Reames lives to be 85-90 he can get out and do whatever he wants to do. He is not getting life but he took one! And he can still visit with ALL of his family from behind bars. Paige is gone at 14 years old. Reames needs to pay for the young life he took. If it were your 14 year old taken you might understand. The drunk made the choice and will now get the consequences he deserves for his actions.
By the way, Paiges family was told that Reames is being released from the Hospital next Tueaday. He will immediately be arrested and charged with a MULTITUDE OF CHARGES, Including DUI (the blood test results are back) and he will finish healing in a jail cell waiting to get found guilty and sentenced!
I was under the impression that Chris Reames wasn't hurt.
Truly Tragic

Spotsylvania, VA

#65 May 26, 2011
I am not sure what the extent of his injuries are but my understanding is that he is still in the hospital. From what I have been told by family, he will be taken into custody and charged upon his release.
Betty Boop

Muskogee, OK

#66 May 26, 2011
Truly Tragic wrote:
I am not sure what the extent of his injuries are but my understanding is that he is still in the hospital. From what I have been told by family, he will be taken into custody and charged upon his release.
I am glad that he is going to be held accountable for his actions.Please note, I continually keep Paige's family in my prayers. The physical wounds of theirs will eventually heal, but the internal hurt of losing Paige will never heal. I just ask the Lord to comfort them. I sadly speak as being one of those parents that are in a "world of our own pain of losing a child". God Bless you and all friends that continue to support the family.
Remembering Paige

Howard, OH

#67 May 26, 2011
Paige's 15th Birthday would have been in July. Perhaps, one day Mr Reames will understand the impact of his decision to drive drunk that evening. He won't understand it fully until he is sitting in a prison cell regretting what he did.

"Reames is being released from the Hospital next Tuesday. He will immediately be arrested and charged with a MULTITUDE OF CHARGES!"

GOOD!
idiots

Huntington, IN

#68 May 26, 2011
Your all a bunch of F'N idiots on here, get a life!
Truly Tragic

Spotsylvania, VA

#69 May 26, 2011
Expect nothing less from the fine citizens of Chicago - Moron
idiots

Huntington, IN

#70 May 26, 2011
Just because it says Chicago doesn't mean that's where I am from....prime example Idiot!!
Betty Boop

United States

#71 May 26, 2011
idiots wrote:
Your all a bunch of F'N idiots on here, get a life!
Why are you saying this???? Sounds as if you are the idiot!

“None genuine without this seal”

Since: May 09

Logan County, Ohio

#72 May 26, 2011
Calling each other idiots and morons shows little intelligence and no class whatever.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#73 May 26, 2011
MollyHigh wrote:
Calling each other idiots and morons shows little intelligence and no class whatever.
yeah but sometimes, it just fits! ;-)
Truly Tragic

Spotsylvania, VA

#74 May 27, 2011
[QUOTE who="I'm an idiot"]Just because it says Chicago doesn't mean that's where I am from....prime example Idiot!![/QUOTE]

@Idiot
And just because mine says Glen Allen doesn't mean I'm from Glen Allen..... OMG that's brilliant! You are a freaking Genius! Had no idea..... And since your not really from Chicago the moron comment does not apply to you.... instead of insulting you, I ended up insulting every moron on the face of this planet and I do whole heartedly apologize! Your obviously not a moron....... Toon

@MollyHigh
Yeah.... I agree, I shouldn't run with the name calling. "Moron" was a completely insensitive and classless comment on my part. I do apologize to all those I may have offended.

@Logan County Mom
And sometimes its just plain fun! I so truly despise oxygen thieves!
Out of Here

Marysville, OH

#75 May 27, 2011
Since no new verifiable information is coming out, it is time we shipcanned this whole topic. The drama queens have taken over.
idiots

Saint Paul, MN

#76 May 27, 2011
Yeah this thread short have stop 60 some posts ago, you all need to grow up!
SAD

Columbus, OH

#77 Jun 1, 2011
Not Important

Blacklick, OH

#78 Mar 31, 2012
You are all idiots. Paige Horn, 14, was killed in this crash. Her father and his fiance were badly injured and Christie Reams was drunk, he blew three times the legal limit. This has been his 2 accident but 3rd time found drinking and driving, the first accident he fled from. Paige is very close with me as well as her family so before you all get on here running your mouths please be aware people are reading your joking bullshit. Christie Reams is a giant piece of shit who literally tried to lie his way out of fact evidence, he finally admitted to the truth and his sentencing is on April 16th.
Steph

Lafayette, LA

#79 May 20, 2012
Nadine wrote:
Christie is a male and is known for his drinking. It was a company vehicle from Honda he was driving.
no it wasn't. Check your facts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! (Jan '17) 1 hr Mein Trumpf 1,881
Friends General Meeting 17 hr Mindful 1
55 gallon drum of used oil needing disposed? (Oct '10) Tue Shonda mccoy 11
did the topix radical left wing posters destroy... Aug 13 Hummingbird 4 Real 33
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) Aug 13 Txblubonit 458
Eric Bolling Fox News Aug 11 Caiaphas 8
Is Topix on Life Support? (May '15) Aug 11 CALM STILL VOICE 99

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages