Local girl killed in accident outside...

Local girl killed in accident outside Circleville, Ohio

Posted in the Bellefontaine Forum

Peace be with them

Johnstown, OH

#1 Jul 8, 2010
Children are so precious. Our Prayers to the Holycross family.

07/07/2010

The Pickaway County Sheriff's Office responded to a fatal accident involving a local 10-year-old girl, Wednesday afternoon around 1:40.

The accident occurred when a 2003 Ford Focus driven by Deidra Teets, 17, of Williamsport, was traveling southbound on US-23 and turning left at an intersection. A 1995 International Tractor Trailer driven by, Steven Girard, of Newark was traveling northbound on 23 in the left lane. Teets turned into the path of the semi and the two collided in the intersection.

A passenger, 10-year-old Madison Holycross, of Huntsville, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Teets was transported to Berger Hospital. Girard was treated at the scene.

Pickaway Township Fire and EMS, along with Circleville EMS personnel assisted at the scene.

US-23 was closed down for almost six hours, reopening at 7:30 p.m.. The accident remains under investigation.
http://www.peakofohio.com/top-story.php

----------

CIRCLEVILLE HERALD - Young girl killed in crash
By DAVID AMEY, EDITOR Published: July 8, 2010 5:06 AM EDT

CIRCLEVILLE - A 10-year-old Huntsville, Ohio, girl died after a loaded tractor-trailer hit the small car she was riding in at the intersection of Sperry Drive and U.S. Route 23 at 1:40 p.m. Wednesday.

Madison G. Holycross, 10, was pronounced dead at the scene by Pickaway County Coroner Dr. Michael Geron.
http://www.circlevilleherald.com

----------
Child Dies in Pickaway Crash

The traffic mishap occurred Wednesday afternoon Wednesday, July 7, 2010. A 10-year-old child was killed after a two vehicle crash on U.S. Route 23 near Circleville Wednesday afternoon.

According to the Pickaway County Sheriff's Department, a vehicle driven by 17-year- old Deidra Teets of Williamsport was turning left on Sperry Drive, when she pulled in the path of a tractor trailer driven by Steven Girard of Newark.

Teets was transported to Berger Hospital for her injuries. A passenger in the Teets vehicle, 10-year-old Madison Holycross, was pronounced dead at the scene. Girard was treated at the scene.

The accident remains under investigation.
http://www.wkkj.com/cc-common/news/sections/n...
prayers

Sevierville, TN

#3 Jul 8, 2010
my thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Thoughts

Bellefontaine, OH

#4 Jul 8, 2010
The loss of a child is unbearable in my mind...I don't know how any would could deal with it in reality. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. May God give them strength, ease the pain and heal the wounds left behind.
Think about it

Wood River, NE

#5 Jul 8, 2010
I am sorry for your tragic loss. My prayers are with you...
So_So_Sorry_Trac y

Johnstown, OH

#6 Jul 8, 2010
OMG that's Tracy Holiday's (maiden name) daughter. How tragic. Tracy just lost her Dad a couple years ago. Tracy graduated from BHS around 1990 or so.
wonder

Hamilton, OH

#7 Jul 8, 2010
So_So_Sorry_Tracy wrote:
OMG that's Tracy Holiday's (maiden name) daughter. How tragic. Tracy just lost her Dad a couple years ago. Tracy graduated from BHS around 1990 or so.
Did Tracy's mother have a medical condition with her back and spine? Wasnt sure if this is the same family I'm thinkng of?
Prayers to the family for their loss, what a tragedy.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8 Jul 8, 2010
So very sad. Our thoughts to the family and loved ones.
So_So_Sorry_Trac y

Johnstown, OH

#9 Jul 9, 2010
wonder wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Tracy's mother have a medical condition with her back and spine? Wasnt sure if this is the same family I'm thinkng of?
Prayers to the family for their loss, what a tragedy.
Yes Nancy was disabled from an auto accident 20+ years ago. Bless her heart she got back to work after 5-10 years of rehabilitating but as she got older her injuries became too disabling to work.
Sam Spade

Centerburg, OH

#10 Jul 9, 2010
Generally speaking, it is a poor idea to give a lot of personally identifiable information on Topix. That can include what specific information you disclose and the screen name you choose for yourself. Victims and their families deserve what shreds of privacy they can preserve. Many people can piece two and two together quite easily from posts left by several different readers. Think before you squeak.

Since: Jan 09

Kenton, OH

#11 Jul 9, 2010
Careful Sam, there are certain people on here who think they have the right to know every single shred of information about these kinds of events simply because of where they live and don't mind gossiping about it! They get pissy when you question there rumor mill.
stay on topic

Japan

#12 Jul 9, 2010
My heart goes out to their family.

This thread got off topic starting with post #5, which is a big step around here!!! Usually it's off topic and bashing starts by the 3rd post. SS is correct,as well as the sarcasm of dd. Now you'll have to prepare for wrath of animal control to put in his 2 cents worth.
Sam Spade

Centerburg, OH

#13 Jul 9, 2010
Animal Control's wrath is now worth 4ยข. That is due to inflation.
Good Grief

Ft Mitchell, KY

#14 Jul 9, 2010
stay on topic wrote:
My heart goes out to their family.
This thread got off topic starting with post #5, which is a big step around here!!! Usually it's off topic and bashing starts by the 3rd post. SS is correct,as well as the sarcasm of dd. Now you'll have to prepare for wrath of animal control to put in his 2 cents worth.
Wouldn't that be post #6 with the names being posted? It's great to start reading that other people care about a family's right to privacy.
wonder

Hamilton, OH

#15 Jul 9, 2010
So_So_Sorry_Tracy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Nancy was disabled from an auto accident 20+ years ago. Bless her heart she got back to work after 5-10 years of rehabilitating but as she got older her injuries became too disabling to work.
Thank You for your response. I was sure it was the same family,But I had lost contact with them years ago and I wanted to be sure. I was not trying to be disrespectful to anyone and my heartfelt sympathy goes to their family.
Sam Spade

Centerburg, OH

#16 Jul 9, 2010
Yes, the local Miller family sorely needs its privcy. Unfortunately two of its daughters continually drag the name out into public shame.
Hgggrhdygghyrg

Naperville, IL

#17 Apr 20, 2011
Sorry trac Maddie wad my best friend can't believe she is gone I have her as my saver on my phone
Hgggrhdygghyrg

Naperville, IL

#18 Apr 20, 2011
Luv u Tracey everyone misses her
Maddie wish u here

Naperville, IL

#19 Apr 20, 2011
By I will miss u
Maddie wish u here

Naperville, IL

#20 Apr 21, 2011
I will never forget u Maddie don't believe u r gone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Midwest express?????? 21 min USN Atheist 6
What's too far? 25 min USN Atheist 11
Trump sniffling 28 min Big Bertha 1
The typical Trump supporter 34 min Big Bertha 1
Trump fat shames Miss Universe 42 min Big Bertha 1
Hillary Drops Out 1 hr Team Deploreables 8
Atheist, Homosexuals, Obama-Hillary supporters ... 1 hr CALM STILL VOICE 75
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) 16 hr Melissa 423

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web