Bellefontaine High School Teaching Af...
inquiring minds

Bellefontaine, OH

#102 Feb 2, 2012
tearsforqueers wrote:
Logan county authority's sorting out is tainted. Because it is all interconnected on the basis of who you are.
Why do you think we have Channel 7 coming in and reporting?
Beause there is this local code of silence with who you are and how you are connected with the Local money, law, newspaper, school, and the city/county government.
If you're not in you're out, power and money. Never changes.
My question is why no coverage in our local fish wrap?? When the teacher from Western was busted, it was all over, front page. All I have seen in our local "newspaper" is his resignation. Not condoning what the Western teacher did, but at least it was with adults, not students. Too much "who you are" in this small town for real justice.
Powerstroker

Davisburg, MI

#104 Feb 2, 2012
Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
What I wonder (just playing devils advocate here) is that if the prosecutor files no charges, or says no sex was involved, how many people will take that to mean that it's being covered up, rather than meaning that the rumors may just be off base?

If no charges are filed for whatever reason then people are going to think that it was swept under the rug largely due to the fact that the teacher's father-in-law is a local business owner & an upstanding member of the community. Not saying that this is right but that's the way it goes. Not the first time it's happened & probably won't be the last.

This would also be setting a precedent, it's going to make other teachers think it's ok to communicate with students electronically. Back in my day the only way we communicated with our teachers was face to face in the classroom and that's the way it should be today, it would remove any or all doubt of gray area communications.
Powerstroker

Davisburg, MI

#105 Feb 2, 2012
inquiring minds wrote:
<quoted text>
My question is why no coverage in our local fish wrap??
Because then names would have to be published and some people would think that this would be "reprehensible".

Give it time, they can't hide it forever. But if we have to get our news from an out of town newspaper, then what do we need the Examiner for?
animal control

Centerburg, OH

#106 Feb 2, 2012
Prolli juss me but.....?....Looks like the board accepted a resignation for a perp that they should have fired and had his teachers lisence revoked?

I bet now he's getting his mental hospital treatment and everything covered on his cushy school bennies-n-stuff...prolli getting unemployment $$$ vacation pay & everthing?

The school board is doing a bad job IMO.

I would not have accepted a resignation from a baby raper.....Baby!

no charge
ruby

Columbus, OH

#107 Feb 2, 2012
The teacher is wrong but so is the student. He should be fired and she should be expelled. Period. There must be sufficient evidence for the school board to turn it over to the police department. Another reason why some of you dummies should have voted NO on Senate Bill 5.
tearsforqueers

Marysville, OH

#108 Feb 2, 2012
inquiring minds wrote:
<quoted text>
My question is why no coverage in our local fish wrap?? When the teacher from Western was busted, it was all over, front page. All I have seen in our local "newspaper" is his resignation. Not condoning what the Western teacher did, but at least it was with adults, not students. Too much "who you are" in this small town for real justice.
You scratch my back and I will scratch you and your family's back.
baby!

no charge
Powerstroker

Davisburg, MI

#109 Feb 2, 2012
ruby wrote:
The teacher is wrong but so is the student. He should be fired and she should be expelled. Period.
That's right, it takes 2 to tango and I don't believe that the teacher should take the whole fall for this. I always felt that students involved in these cases should be punished as well because they are an accessory to the crime. They are just as much as an enabler as the teacher is when they let these situations continue for a period of time instead of putting a stop to it when it starts.

Punish the kids too.
lily

Urbana, OH

#110 Feb 2, 2012
Powerstroker wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, it takes 2 to tango and I don't believe that the teacher should take the whole fall for this. I always felt that students involved in these cases should be punished as well because they are an accessory to the crime. They are just as much as an enabler as the teacher is when they let these situations continue for a period of time instead of putting a stop to it when it starts.
Punish the kids too.
When I was 16 I sure didn't feel like I was that young. I felt like I was a mature adult. Now looking back I realize I was not as mature as I thought I was. Jason was the teacher, he should have been responsible. I don't care if the girl was throwing herself at him. He is in a position of power and should have set and example. At 30 years old he should be mature enough to make the right decision.
ConcernedPsychol ogist

Cincinnati, OH

#111 Feb 2, 2012
lily wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was 16 I sure didn't feel like I was that young. I felt like I was a mature adult. Now looking back I realize I was not as mature as I thought I was. Jason was the teacher, he should have been responsible. I don't care if the girl was throwing herself at him. He is in a position of power and should have set and example. At 30 years old he should be mature enough to make the right decision.
I agree. A 16 year old is basically a child. And to a teacher, all students should be viewed as impressionable pupils, who look up to them as role models. When teachers violate the trust of their student, the parents and staff it is no ones fault but their own. This student may have known this interaction was inappropriate, true. However when a figure of power and adult maturity condones unacceptable behaviors it can confuse a young mind. Our minds, personalities and morals are in constant development. The brain isn't even done developing until the age of 25. To say that these children should be punished is quite disgusting. They need our protections from other adults who make poor decisions and take advantage of their positions of power.
In this matter I hope all parties get the proper help. There are many victims in a case like this and I hope BHS is taking appropriate measures to counsel students who have been affected. And I hope the wife is surrounded my family and friends who can console her in this difficult time.
Question Everything

Mount Vernon, OH

#112 Feb 2, 2012
ConcernedPsychologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. A 16 year old is basically a child. And to a teacher, all students should be viewed as impressionable pupils, who look up to them as role models. When teachers violate the trust of their student, the parents and staff it is no ones fault but their own. This student may have known this interaction was inappropriate, true. However when a figure of power and adult maturity condones unacceptable behaviors it can confuse a young mind. Our minds, personalities and morals are in constant development. The brain isn't even done developing until the age of 25. To say that these children should be punished is quite disgusting. They need our protections from other adults who make poor decisions and take advantage of their positions of power.
In this matter I hope all parties get the proper help. There are many victims in a case like this and I hope BHS is taking appropriate measures to counsel students who have been affected. And I hope the wife is surrounded my family and friends who can console her in this difficult time.
Exactly! Those saying the girl is in any way at fault or should be punished should be ashamed. He was the adult in this situation and was preying on a child. Not to mention the fact that he was the one who was married.
hope

Cleveland, OH

#113 Feb 2, 2012
I would think this would come under the person of authority law. this guy knew better and she is a young impressionable kid.
If she was out at a bar with a fake ID then she needs to be punished also. It is not the guy or girls fault if they were lead to believe the child was older. However this is not the situation. He is to blame and he should take the punishment.
Retired Teacher

Pataskala, OH

#114 Feb 2, 2012
ConcernedPsychologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. A 16 year old is basically a child. And to a teacher, all students should be viewed as impressionable pupils, who look up to them as role models. When teachers violate the trust of their student, the parents and staff it is no ones fault but their own. This student may have known this interaction was inappropriate, true. However when a figure of power and adult maturity condones unacceptable behaviors it can confuse a young mind. Our minds, personalities and morals are in constant development. The brain isn't even done developing until the age of 25. To say that these children should be punished is quite disgusting. They need our protections from other adults who make poor decisions and take advantage of their positions of power.
In this matter I hope all parties get the proper help. There are many victims in a case like this and I hope BHS is taking appropriate measures to counsel students who have been affected. And I hope the wife is surrounded my family and friends who can console her in this difficult time.
Very well put. He crossed a line that is known by all who teach. He let down his students, his friends and family, his pregnant wife, and most importantly himself. He should seek council and forgiveness on bended knee.

Prayers for all effected.
Jenny

Bellefontaine, OH

#115 Feb 2, 2012
Question Everything wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Those saying the girl is in any way at fault or should be punished should be ashamed. He was the adult in this situation and was preying on a child. Not to mention the fact that he was the one who was married.
Like Mother, like daughter
Powerstroker

United States

#116 Feb 2, 2012
ConcernedPsychologist wrote:
<quoted text>
when a figure of power and adult maturity condones unacceptable behaviors it can confuse a young mind. Our minds, personalities and morals are in constant development. The brain isn't even done developing until the age of 25.
But a child is taught the difference between right & wrong at an early age at home. If not then the parents are not doing their job.

I can't believe that some of you are defending this girl when she nurtured this thing & let it go on for 2 months just because he "made her feel special". The point I'm trying to make is she was mature enough to know that this is wrong and she should have reported him from the get go. The time to nip it in the bud is when it starts!
Question Everything

Mount Vernon, OH

#117 Feb 2, 2012
Powerstroker wrote:
<quoted text>
But a child is taught the difference between right & wrong at an early age at home. If not then the parents are not doing their job.
I can't believe that some of you are defending this girl when she nurtured this thing & let it go on for 2 months just because he "made her feel special". The point I'm trying to make is she was mature enough to know that this is wrong and she should have reported him from the get go. The time to nip it in the bud is when it starts!
She was a child. Young girls flirt, that's what they do. It is up to the ADULT to set the boundaries. Are you defending him? What if she was 12? 10? Would it still be up to her to "nip it in the bud"? He was a teacher, married, with a child on the way, and you say it was up to the 16 year old girl to take control of the situation ??? Your thinking is warped. The girl is the victim here.
tearsforqueers

Marysville, OH

#118 Feb 2, 2012
Jenny wrote:
<quoted text>Like Mother, like daughter
What are you saying?
One More Time

Johnstown, OH

#119 Feb 2, 2012
Jenny wrote:
<quoted text>Like Mother, like daughter
What does that mean? What does the mother have to do with it?
Question Everything

Mount Vernon, OH

#120 Feb 2, 2012
Maybe the fact that so many people in this area blame the victim and defend the guy in these cases is why there is so much of this happening in this area.?.?
lily

Urbana, OH

#121 Feb 2, 2012
Powerstroker wrote:
<quoted text>
But a child is taught the difference between right & wrong at an early age at home. If not then the parents are not doing their job.
I can't believe that some of you are defending this girl when she nurtured this thing & let it go on for 2 months just because he "made her feel special". The point I'm trying to make is she was mature enough to know that this is wrong and she should have reported him from the get go. The time to nip it in the bud is when it starts!
She may have known it was wrong in the sense of the teacher/student relationship, but I'm sure she thought it was a realtionship with someone who cared about her. If children are taught right from wrong at an early age, at what age do we start holding children accountable for not reporting when they are molested? At what age does it go from sexual abuse to a girl who should have known better?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#122 Feb 2, 2012
ruby wrote:
The teacher is wrong but so is the student. He should be fired and she should be expelled. Period. There must be sufficient evidence for the school board to turn it over to the police department. Another reason why some of you dummies should have voted NO on Senate Bill 5.
That's blaming the victim. This is the responsibility of the adult that was entrusted with the education of the kids. It was on him to put a stop to anything inappropriate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is yours.......Deal with it! 2 hr Hummingbird 4 Real 1,186
Riverside disrespects Ohio Hi Point students? 3 hr Not true 2
Life Lesson's! (Nov '16) 6 hr CALM STILL VOICE 389
Old farmers suck Sat Bikelife degraff 1
America Is NOT A ‘Christian Nation Sat CALM STILL VOICE 104
Best Bellefontaine Football players ever? Offen... (Aug '11) May 19 Bellefontaine sucks 40
Local Politics Do you approve of Jim Jordan as Representative? (Dec '11) May 19 LEAVE BELLEFONTAINE 129

Bellefontaine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bellefontaine Mortgages