First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Thats AWESOME

Bellefontaine, OH

#350 Mar 13, 2012
nothing new wrote:
It seems obvious nothing is going to happen with this, it's already swept under the rug. I'm sure that with recent news stories our school board is hoping this has been forgotten. I will remember when I vote for school board and none of the current members will get my vote. It's the only real voice we have, vote them out!
I don't think you are correct about this being swept under the rug. I guess time will tell.

As for not giving your vote to the current board members, that is fine but someone has to run against them for it to matter. I doubt that happens.
Felicity

Centerburg, OH

#351 Mar 13, 2012
Thats AWESOME wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you are correct about this being swept under the rug. I guess time will tell.
As for not giving your vote to the current board members, that is fine but someone has to run against them for it to matter. I doubt that happens.
I agree, since the school is done with it's part of the problem, it's all up to the State now.....
Katie

Butler, OH

#352 Mar 13, 2012
Stanford indicted on felony sex charge.

At peakofohio.com
What ended up happening

Bellefontaine, OH

#353 Sep 5, 2012
Is there a trial pending?
link

Urbana, OH

#354 Sep 6, 2012
Grandpa Jones

Bellefontaine, OH

#355 Sep 6, 2012
What ended up happening wrote:
Is there a trial pending?
This is ancient history. Why bring it up again? It takes two to dance, no matter if it was 'just a child' She knew what she was doing. She is not nearly as cute as his wife, shouldn't have enven competed in the first place. Ruined many lives. Give it up.
agree

Sidney, OH

#356 Sep 6, 2012
Agree. These teenagers know what they are doing. They are not children! They are way more wordly than my peers were at that age. They know they can get an adult in trouble with just an accusation. That is all that is needed. In most cases there doesn't even have to be any proof, just their accusation against the adult. How fair is that? Lives ruined, all for revenge. I am not saying abuse doesn't happen, because it does. But the cases like this take away from the children who are actually abused.

What person isn't going to take the plea bargain in cases like this? There doesn't have to be any proof and the accused is told is they go to trial on just accusations, and lose, they will be sentenced to the maximum amount of YEARS in prison. Years in prison or probabtion. What would you do. And remember...there doesn't have to be proof or evidence, just accusation.
ok then

Bellefontaine, OH

#357 Sep 6, 2012
If your inocent Take it to trial because your gonna be labeled a sex offender if you plead out or are found guilty. There does have to be evidence for an indictment and conviction.
Nicole

Urbana, OH

#358 Sep 6, 2012
agree wrote:
Agree. These teenagers know what they are doing. They are not children! They are way more wordly than my peers were at that age. They know they can get an adult in trouble with just an accusation. That is all that is needed. In most cases there doesn't even have to be any proof, just their accusation against the adult. How fair is that? Lives ruined, all for revenge. I am not saying abuse doesn't happen, because it does. But the cases like this take away from the children who are actually abused.
What person isn't going to take the plea bargain in cases like this? There doesn't have to be any proof and the accused is told is they go to trial on just accusations, and lose, they will be sentenced to the maximum amount of YEARS in prison. Years in prison or probabtion. What would you do. And remember...there doesn't have to be proof or evidence, just accusation.
So it's okay that the adult in the situation didn't say no? Also, there was proof; text messages.
example

Sidney, OH

#359 Sep 6, 2012
ok then wrote:
If your inocent Take it to trial because your gonna be labeled a sex offender if you plead out or are found guilty. There does have to be evidence for an indictment and conviction.
No there does not have to be evidence. Just probable cause. Probable cause is not evidence. It is the probability that it could have occurred. Until it happens to you, you will never understand how easy it is for someone to make up allegations. When it it taken before a grand jury, they look at it and decide if there is a possibility it could have happened. That is all they need. They figure it will be the trial courts responsibility to sort out the details and see if there is proof. By the time the accused waits around for a trial they are told that if they take it to trial and lose they will face the maximum sentence...guilty or not. Look at how people automatically judge every situation on here, and those are the ones that make up their minds before the first piece of testimony is ever heard. That is why people plea bargain. There are a lot of different situations.
agree

Sidney, OH

#360 Sep 6, 2012
Nicole wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's okay that the adult in the situation didn't say no? Also, there was proof; text messages.
No, it is not okay that the adult didn't say no. But from reading the article the 16 year old said she was manipulated by him. I highly doubt that. She knew exactly what she was doing and he should have know better and not did was he did. Text messages is some evidence, but many times there does not have to be any evidence only ones words against another.
Good Mother

Bellefontaine, OH

#361 Sep 6, 2012
agree wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is not okay that the adult didn't say no. But from reading the article the 16 year old said she was manipulated by him. I highly doubt that. She knew exactly what she was doing and he should have know better and not did was he did. Text messages is some evidence, but many times there does not have to be any evidence only ones words against another.
If she said she "was manipulated by him", than doesnt that tell us that she is a pretty smart girl? How does she know NOW that she was manipulated by him? It.s not like 10 years have gone by and she's grown up now. I agree, girls now a days are a lot more "worldly" than we were growing up. They know alot more than what we realize. Just my opinion.
DON W SOUTH

Cleveland, OH

#362 Sep 6, 2012
I remember back when I was in school male teachers usually met they mate while teaching the young females. As long as they were able to breed they were fair game for the male teacher.
animal control

Marysville, OH

#363 Sep 6, 2012
then their kidz became teachers and had sex with their students and subordinates...and the cheap sex chain kept goin'...Baby!

no charge

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bellefontaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senate Votes 98-1 to Affirm Climate Change Is N... 11 min GBA-freedom 52
What the hell are these little black bugs that ... (Oct '07) 41 min hubby 1968 341
Helping The Poor Is a Matter Of The Heart! 4 hr Hummingbird 4 Real 49
help with christmas 4 hr magictrix 31
OSU gitz whipped Baby! (Sep '11) 4 hr snowMAHNN 586
gop unemployment lies debunked 5 hr Hummingbird 4 Real 2
The Truth! You Can't Handle The Truth 6 hr Duke Dy-Nasty 27
do you believe scott moody was the shooter? (Feb '10) 7 hr snowMAHNN 228
Which Topix Posters Are Hiding In The Closet? 10 hr DON W SOUTH 99
Bellefontaine Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bellefontaine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE