Why Does John Travolta Live in Ocala, Fla.?

Jan 7, 2009 Full story: E! Online - Celebrity News 63

Like most giant stars, John Travolta actually has a few houses, including one in the equally unlikely state of Maine.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
occ

Lady Lake, FL

#1 Jan 8, 2009
We love you Vinny.

Since: Jan 07

Jellystone Park

#2 Jan 8, 2009
the Travoltas live in Ocala, Fla because L Ron Hubbbard's imaginary science fiction Marcab Empire wouuld be too far to commmute to work
lotscostarica

United States

#3 Oct 14, 2009
have movie to pich to him.
lotscostarica

United States

#4 Oct 14, 2009
where is f. ford copla?
Angel

Concord, NC

#5 Oct 14, 2009
Mmhm, probably because Ocala's far from the beaten track, pretty, and he likes a place where he can fly planes, and be near an airstrip. Plenty of places may have qualify -- but his family found Ocala was reasonably priced.
easy answer

Moultrie, GA

#6 Oct 16, 2009
Where he lives has a private airstrip for his giant jet.
He can speed down the interstate to $cieno headquarters in Clwt. or fly to the airport.
not raw meat

River Falls, WI

#7 Oct 19, 2009
easy answer wrote:
Where he lives has a private airstrip for his giant jet.
He can speed down the interstate to $cieno headquarters in Clwt. or fly to the airport.
Exactly, Easy Answer. Plus extremely low property taxes and I think, no state tax. Also, Ocala is a mid-sized, manageable city that is off the beaten track (away from the east coast, located halfway between Orlando and Tampa), thus assuring more privacy and lots of moderately priced land (probably previously grazing land for livestock) available for development, and with decent winter weather for flying. Also, Ocala, until now, has been relatively unaware, uninformed, or unconcerned with scientology and so there was little anti-scientology sentiment before they moved there. But the biggest reason is probably proximity to the Clearwater headquarters of scientology.
Ex Ocala resident

Ocala, FL

#8 Oct 19, 2009
Because he was desperate,Ocala offers very little for all the high home and apartment costs. Taxes are high and keep going up,jobs pay min. wage up to $9.00 an hour (if you can find one)(college or not),glad I moved out of there when I did. Where John lives,there are real cheap run down trailers and shotgun shacks less than 1 mile from his main gate. SLOcala and Anthony are really nothing special to talk about.

Since: Apr 08

Winter Haven, FL

#9 Oct 19, 2009
Ocala is a very small town environment, still lots of retirees who mind their own business. I think people there just let him be...I have older relatives that live there and it doesn't have much besides some awesome kayaking on the rivers, Silver Springs and some wild monkeys.
Ex Ocala resident

Ocala, FL

#10 Oct 19, 2009
Most of the retired I've seen are very nosey,and always calling the cops about anything that they don't agree with. Glad I moved out of that sh1t hole!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12 Oct 25, 2009
because he is a dumbass,and that's where dumbasses live.
zip32617

Leesburg, FL

#13 Oct 29, 2009
The Travolta's live in Anthony, FL, not Ocala
Jeansee

Ocala, FL

#14 Nov 2, 2009
Ex Ocala resident wrote:
Because he was desperate,Ocala offers very little for all the high home and apartment costs. Taxes are high and keep going up,jobs pay min. wage up to $9.00 an hour (if you can find one)(college or not),glad I moved out of there when I did. Where John lives,there are real cheap run down trailers and shotgun shacks less than 1 mile from his main gate. SLOcala and Anthony are really nothing special to talk about.
I live in Ocala area.... Depends where you are in the Marion County area if it is nice or not... JumboAir where Mr. Travolta and his family live is a very nice and prestigious neighborhood.. beautiful homes and fields... Yes the area does have its pitfals all small villages do in Florida.. It is not uncommon to find a horse ranch in downtown Ocala...I moved here 5 years ago... and find it quiet and more economical then a lot of areas in Florida... Depends on ones taste and idea of what is cheap is how I see it.. The Travoltas have regularly contributed to their community with appearances and acts of kindness not just money, this makes them very well loved in the Ocala area. Such a proof of this is when they had to experience the untimely sad death of their son Jett. IMO Dont judge a book by its cover just because he has gold trimmings and Public noriety as and Actor,Actresses (Kelly & Ella Bleu) They are plain down home folks who have made it big and care for small people too... I for one am LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THEIR NEW MOVIE THIS MONTH OLD DOGS... Disney production movie, John, Kelly, Ella Blue with Robin Williams looks like a REAL GOOD FAMILY MOVIE!!!
Peanut

Altamonte Springs, FL

#15 Nov 2, 2009
Who Cares!
rick1234

United States

#16 Nov 9, 2009
to the not raw meat ocala fl property taxes is not low john pays about 70000 a year in property taxes and ocala fl and is nice so i know i have land in fort mccoy fl its the best
Mike

United States

#17 Dec 24, 2009
Ex Ocala resident wrote:
Most of the retired I've seen are very nosey,and always calling the cops about anything that they don't agree with. Glad I moved out of that sh1t hole!
i'm glad you moved also!
carlton

Ocala, FL

#18 Dec 25, 2009
He is an American, Ocala is in america, and is a Very Nice , Quiet , and Family Friendly Place if you were to visit here You would want to Stay also . a Person have the Right to live wherever They Please, so that is why He lives Here,
anonymous

Ocala, FL

#19 Jan 28, 2010
zip32617 wrote:
The Travolta's live in Anthony, FL, not Ocala
no he does live in Ocala. I live on the same road where Jumbolar is. NE 77thst. It is right on the border of anthony, at the end of that road is Landfair homes. It is still ocala.
danisue

Riverview, FL

#20 Jan 28, 2010
Illegal Kenyan wrote:
and u live in plato mo?
just another guy

United States

#21 May 25, 2010
Illegal Kenyan wrote:
sounds like you're the jealous dumbass.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belleair Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: RT Partsco Wed Lori 1
Bike vs vehicle (Nov '07) Tue Matthew Hanna 3
VA benefits director fires back at union over '... Nov 17 bitsnpieces1 3
Looking for personal loan of $5000? (Jul '13) Nov 16 Dorene Zeller 15
Terri Schiavo's Painful Deprivation of Food and... (Mar '09) Nov 15 hornback12 1,182
John's Pass Shop Owners Nov 14 kkc 1
Fire station foes get city's attention (Apr '14) Apr '14 pat scarola 1
Belleair Dating
Find my Match

Belleair People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Belleair News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Belleair

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:19 am PST