Belle.....Old Stone House

Belle.....Old Stone House

Posted in the Belle Forum

Truth

Charleston, WV

#1 Feb 18, 2013
I saw the town police and the county police walking around the Old Stone House in Belle. Did someone break in. Something was up......
Question

Charleston, WV

#2 Feb 18, 2013
Does anyone know the general history of that house? I'm somewhat new to the area, and I've seen the house but know nothing about it. Any info would be appreciated!
1 post removed
Info

Charleston, WV

#4 Feb 19, 2013
It goes back to around 1800 give or take a decade. Pretty cool stuff inside. If we were in a more educated area it would be a tourist attraction but the locals one day will use it for a methlab/whorehouse before burning it down.
Belle Stone House

Charleston, WV

#5 Feb 20, 2013
The house was used as ahospital during the Civil War, if only briefly. The Malden, Dickenson, and Ruffner land tracts have a rich history with the Salt Mines, Riverboating and coal. The house was put on the National Historic Registry in the 70's or 80's,(?) with the Belle Womens Club,Lions Club, and multiple other civic organizations that committed to the Fund-raising necessary to preserve, furnish and protect it. At one time Belle was quite the "hub" of activity as the only incorporated area between Charleston and Cedar Grove.
belle resident

United States

#6 Feb 20, 2013
I remember going on field trips to the old stone house. Why is this not done anymore? I as a child enjoyed it. We would walk there from belle school, tour, have bag lunch at oxy park and then head back to school
Belle Stone House

Charleston, WV

#7 Feb 21, 2013
Many of the Long-term residents have aged out. No one has picked up where the last generation left off. Sad to see such a historic place set to the side, from what seems to be a geenral lack of interest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Always will love you, 8 min I miss you too 8
riversides boys basketball team sucks 1 hr UKV Trash 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr what? 4,307
Shane hall still stealing? Tue Terri 10
clown mask kevin hancock Tue goop 4
New Girl in Belle Mon Hot one 4
riverside high leads county in low level learning Dec 10 There I went 11

Belle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance