Imagine Belle area in 25 years

Posted in the Belle Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frakes

Charleston, WV

#1 Feb 2, 2013
What's your idea of what the area will be like 25 years from now? Will things improve or will it deteriorate even worse than what we have now?
big K

Huntington, WV

#2 Feb 4, 2013
It's going downhill. It can only get worse, there needs to be more stuff for the community. More than just for holidays.
D C Dweller

Charleston, WV

#3 Feb 5, 2013
The destruction of the Middle Class via the "MARMET" Locks project has been tremendous. The loss of 206 homes and businesses, that all contributed in some way to the Town of Belle in some way, cannot be recouped. They ripped apart families, churches and infrastructure that can't be replaced. Schools lost families of future generations, while people had to relocate to find comparable housing to other areas in the valley.
Belle Lost...but the locks are named after MARMET, who sacrificed little to nothing...
Fitzwilly Simmons

Hurricane, WV

#4 Feb 5, 2013
big K wrote:
It's going downhill. It can only get worse, there needs to be more stuff for the community. More than just for holidays.
They have bluegrass, gospel sings, bingo and AARP meetings at the Town Hall all the time. What else could you ask for?
big K

Saint Albans, WV

#5 Feb 5, 2013
That's nothing for the kids, the future of belle.
Frakes

Charleston, WV

#6 Feb 5, 2013
Let me add to something that DC Dweller hit upon. The middle class took a huge hit from the stupid locks and the embarrasment pile of dirt they made. At one time a development was supposed to go in on top of the mountain across from Quincy and all sorts of nice middle class houses were supposed to go in there. What ever happend to that?
304boy

Charleston, WV

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Frakes wrote:
Let me add to something that DC Dweller hit upon. The middle class took a huge hit from the stupid locks and the embarrasment pile of dirt they made. At one time a development was supposed to go in on top of the mountain across from Quincy and all sorts of nice middle class houses were supposed to go in there. What ever happend to that?
where in the world did you hear that? that sounds like a huge rumor
flg

United States

#8 Feb 5, 2013
Frakes wrote:
True, that was the original plan to conduct the mining that has been done along the ridge line, and hopefully break even doing that and develope flat ground to construct homes there later. Could be a great thing, guess a little time will tell!
D C Dweller

Charleston, WV

#9 Feb 6, 2013
Yes, it is true what Frakes "said". It was widely publicised and advertised. Then there was the rumor that the DuPont Jr. High would be broken into lots for a Housing Development, then nothing. People were left the choices of the Hollows....Nope, couldn't do that because the houses couldn't be "comped" or to Shrewsbury, where "Lots" as they called them were three times the price being paid by the Corp of Engineers. then the choice of relocating out fo the area. Kids transferred and all. I lost a three bd. 2 bath home, brick on/three River bank Lots for under 100k. The REPLACEMENT housing "when found", more than twice that amount. Simply WERE FORCED to accept housing that WAS COMPRABLE to the other house, no matter WHERE it may have been located. Injustice via Imminant Domain!
My opinion

Charleston, WV

#10 Feb 6, 2013
I think that it will be worse, and it's already happening. So many HUD/run down apartments that noone wants to fix up, the roads and streets are filled with pot holes, and the front streets look like crap. The sad thing is, this place has so much potential, just nobody wanting to bring it to that.
South Hills

Martinsburg, WV

#11 Feb 6, 2013
In 25 years Belle will be just as it is today a drug infested rat hole of a town filled with inbreeders and hoe's. Nothing will change one iota.
DC Dweller

Charleston, WV

#12 Feb 7, 2013
It's funny what goes around the pike...."South Hills" has been on a negative agenda regarding Belle for quite some time now. Sorry "SH" you do not speak for all of "The Hill" anymore than you did in previous Posts, Forums and such...You are just negative and vile.....everybody knows "inbreeders" and "hoes" as you call them, know no permenant zip code...
My opinion

Charleston, WV

#13 Feb 7, 2013
Sounds to me as if someone (South Hills") has there panties in a bunch. Must have been pulled over by cox and wasn't good looking enough to get out of their ticket!
Frakes

Charleston, WV

#14 Feb 10, 2013
Yes at one time John Wellford who developed Northgate Business park near Yeager Airport was supposed to put in a housing development that would be the size of Kanawha City on top of the mountains. Needless to say that never happend. Some have said it was ruse to extract the coal up there and that people were fooled. Who knows I guess. The people of the UKV have always elected the same numbskulls over and over who have done nothing for the area and so you end up with what you have now. Sad that at one time you could live in Belle, Rand or DuPont City and walk to a drive in movie, decent shopping, food and an amusement park 50 years ago and now you have basically nothing. People deserve better than this but they have to get out and make it happen or leave. After voting did nothing for the area I voted with my feet and left but kudos to anyone left up there that gives and damn and is willing to do something about it. Someone needs to go to the paper and have an investigation of what is going on with the housing development that never happend. That would be a start. If you could get decent families to move back in an improve the area that would be huge. The development on Witcher is nice but it aint' big enough. Got to have something substantial. The development on Burning Springs never happened either. For the UKV it is do or die.
51052TOB

Charleston, WV

#15 Feb 14, 2013
Belle is not that big on drugs, it could be WAY worse. & the drugs that do come in are not hard drugs. Other citys have gangs, shootings everyday, etc. We have no shootings, & no gangs that I know of. Everyone be thankful & live for today.
big K

Moneta, VA

#16 Feb 14, 2013
Belle has a gang. I know most of the members.
304boy

Charleston, WV

#17 Feb 14, 2013
big K wrote:
there are no REAl GANGS in west virgnia, thy're all wanna be tugs. the gangs here are pussy shit compared to the gangs i LA, chicago,boston,compton. go there and those are some REAL thugs. anny "gangster" here would get capped and killed in less then a minute down there. so don'T go saying theres any "real" gangs around here. the real shit is in th big citys. not the little countrys. and trust me ivve been to LA those are some real hardcore gangsters. they don't care to die and kill without hesitation. they would laugh at these small town country bumkin wannbe gangs.
304boy

Charleston, WV

#18 Feb 14, 2013
*real
51052TOB

Charleston, WV

#19 Feb 14, 2013
big K wrote:
No. If Belle had a " gang " it would be a bad town. If their is a gang around here I've never heard of them so they need to get some reputation. Want to be thugs is all they are anyways. The don't own guns. Sell drugs. Or do half the stuff REAL gangs do. They should just give up.
murder

Charleston, WV

#20 Feb 14, 2013
ganger or a person shoots ya - either way you are just as dead or just as robbed. Yes bigger cities area worse FOR NOW - there was a murder in Rand yesterday and one a few weeks ago - it's next door to Belle..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mylissa Smith 51 min Rhonda 5
Joey Rose 1 hr Rose 6
Coal hauling 2 hr Curious 5
Puff and Wesley are the best cops we have had (Jun '11) 2 hr Really 68
justice done right 4 hr who 11
Meth, Minorities, and Marmet (Mar '11) 7 hr YallCrazy 51
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 10 hr Well 3,986

Belle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance