Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98366 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

“It's getting hot in here...”

Since: Mar 09

Yeah right..

#20620 Mar 31, 2009
tom wrote:
<quoted text>
50% of people with trigeminal neuralgia
commit suicide within 3 yrs. doesnt happen until you are 50 so you are misdiagnosed. probably have headaches from social anxiety.
Thanks for your input but I was not misdiagnosed. It is true that for my age this is uncommon but even small children have gotten this condition. It is rare though. Usally for my age(I was diagnosed at almost 24 yrs. old) it comes along with MS. At this point I am cleared for that but go in for brain scans every year.
Yes, people do often commit suicide. The call it the "suicide disease". I have too much to live for to kill myself. I'm a mother! It takes a strong support system when you have flair ups but it is under control now with meds... I keep my fingers crossed for good days!!!
candie mcniel

Leslie, GA

#20621 Mar 31, 2009
i just think misty had something to do with her missing
candie mcniel

Leslie, GA

#20622 Mar 31, 2009
i just think misty had something with her missing
Final Chapter

United States

#20623 Mar 31, 2009
NG gone off the Haleigh case, zero about it tonight.

Perhaps someone had a 'meeting' with
NG, and as one that is never wrong, she will never cover it again.

If she doesn't continue covering Haleigh, think she will lose a bunch of viewers.
sunshine

Santa Monica, CA

#20624 Mar 31, 2009
I don't believe this case will ever get solved as Ron knows too much.
Ponderings

Saint Paul, MN

#20625 Mar 31, 2009
Final Chapter wrote:
NG gone off the Haleigh case, zero about it tonight.
Perhaps someone had a 'meeting' with
NG, and as one that is never wrong, she will never cover it again.
If she doesn't continue covering Haleigh, think she will lose a bunch of viewers.
It won't be long before another child goes missing___these are the cases that keeps her show going.
Final Chapter

United States

#20626 Mar 31, 2009
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be long before another child goes missing___these are the cases that keeps her show going.
LOL - she already has - Sandra Cantu!
Final Chapter

United States

#20627 Mar 31, 2009
sunshine wrote:
I don't believe this case will ever get solved as Ron knows too much.
It is hard to understand what the sheriff's dept. is actually doing -- do they have evidence and waiting to tie it up, or, do they have nothing, don't want to have anything.

Have they or haven't they allowed State of FBI to help?

Sounds like Putnam County Sheriff's Dept might have some things in common with Aruba in the process of investigating.

Pray they have something and are working on it.

Someone did say on one of the posts here that they have so many crimes in that area and the Sheriff's dept. is unstaffed --!
Reality_Check

Kissimmee, FL

#20628 Mar 31, 2009
February 10 to March 31st. Someone knows something more than they are saying.

Why is it these investigations are bungled from the get-go every time you turn around. Lie detector tests for the family members should be mandatory.

Florida is sending a horrible message to the children in our State. It is time we began to value their lives.
sunshine

Santa Monica, CA

#20631 Mar 31, 2009
Ron, with all his arrests never is convicted; this puzzles me.

“It's getting hot in here...”

Since: Mar 09

Yeah right..

#20632 Mar 31, 2009
tom wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see the social anxiety on your face in the other picture. That is severe social anxiety. there is such a stigma and pain to social anxiety that people ALWAYS deny it. as far as pain is concerned, there is no such thing as pain. we are robots made of atoms. atoms do not feel pain.
The horrible and hateful things you said about me came from social anxiety. A person in remission form a medical condition is not bitter like that.
Now Tom, don't make me regret feeling for you when you were peeing blood. I actually said a prayer you didn't have cancer....
I'm sorry you feel that way about me but your diagnosis is full of crap!!
I'm gonna let that go....
I was actually thinking you cared for someone other than yourself for a second.
I hate being wrong.
I do hope you are better though.
Final Chapter

United States

#20633 Mar 31, 2009
Reality_Check wrote:
February 10 to March 31st. Someone knows something more than they are saying.
Why is it these investigations are bungled from the get-go every time you turn around. Lie detector tests for the family members should be mandatory.
Florida is sending a horrible message to the children in our State. It is time we began to value their lives.
Yes, and in missing children cases, where the child was last seen should be considered a crime scene immediately upon the response of LE.

The person last seen with, or indicating that they are the last person or persons should be interrogated for 24 hours, while the site she was last at is being thoroughly processed. IMO
windmill technician

United States

#20634 Mar 31, 2009
what wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Here, Here. I doubt Crystal would have an unknown stranger in the home with 2 children, if correct. At least Crystal is with a stable electrician and has turned her life around. She was a teenager. We all have something in our teen years we reflect now and says "What was I thinking?"

May Haleigh return safe and Crystal stay healthy and fit to care for her needs. She needs to focus on herself first before she can focus on the looney tunes who are not there as promised to fight for custody of Jr. It's obvious they have become the new Mob in town. NG is pulling her attorney's teeth out one by one as Crystal is falling to pieces. Very sad.
Final Chapter

United States

#20635 Mar 31, 2009
tom wrote:
Anybody else astonished to see Hobbit and his minions back in this forum??? Infuriated me to no end.
Did you sleep today?
Jenia

New Castle, DE

#20636 Mar 31, 2009
dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because of the cost of insurance. Ron said he was making 10.00 ah hour and it could have been an expensive plan. I don't know is turners syndrome a birth defect would she get medicaid anyway?
Thanks and good question about the medicaid and disability. I don't know about that one.
windmill technician

United States

#20637 Mar 31, 2009
hobbit55 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that keeps me from thinking you're Misty is even a spell checker couldn't help her grammar enough to post that. Hello Teresa.
lol.
Jenia

New Castle, DE

#20638 Mar 31, 2009
Interested wrote:
I'm starting to focus and see deeper,people are just starting to question what is wrong.I don't care about the families involved,except the kids,what has happened is because of thier lifestyles.But I do care about what is being done by this new group that has come on the scene and see what they're doing.They are,and probably will go to every missing child's family and exploit them and build up thier finances through the public's sympathy.People like this are despictable and I don't understand why noone is getting what's happened.If you want to help the families,go give them food,pay some of thier bills,gas cards,but do not put your money in the pockets of those who are using them.JMO
I have a sneaking feeling you do care about the families. One more than the other it seems to me. JMO
Gavel To Gavel

United States

#20639 Mar 31, 2009
hobbit55 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't make something a federal crime that is kept within the state. That violates the Constitutional right of the state. It is only when a child is taken across state lines that it's federal. You should be concentrating on more severe penalties within the states. Things like in Oklahoma where a man was molesting his daughter and is now serving 3 consecutive 50 year terms.
Hobbit; I'm impressed with your knowledge and urge others to take a proactive approach by adopting bill in their local state. Your knowledge runs deep.

My work began on the state level when Governor Wilson signed in California "One Strike You’re Out" Law. Under SB 26X, the days of lenient sentences should have been over for sex offenders in California.
This "One Strike" legislation would have imposed a 25-years-to-life sentence on predatory child molesters and the most vicious rapist. The law also limit to 15% the extent to which the sentences of convicted rapists and child molesters can be reduced for good behavior and prison work -- consistant with federal law.
The victims of rape and child molestation suffer life sentences the law should require these heinous criminals to pay the same penalty.
When Gov. Wilson signed this bill the scales of justice, which have too often been one sided against the victims, should have become balanced.
Nonetheless, Gov. Wilson had continue working to enhance the penalties under this new law and continue to seek a "One Strike" law requiring life without the possibility of parole for the worst child molesters and rapists until this work is completed, Californians should have been protected by SB 26X -- the toughest rape law State of California and nation had ever seen.
That should have been implemented and imposed by the DA or Assistant DA.
California State Gov. Wilson worked diligently and with determined persistence. The DA granted the most seasoned perpetrator to a plea bargain down to 288.(a)
288.(a) Any person who willfully and lewdly commits any lewd or lascivious act, including any of the acts constituting other crimes provided for in Part 1, upon or with the body, or any part or member thereof, of a child who is under the age of 14 years, with the intent of arousing, appealing to, or gratifying the lust, passions, or
Sexual desires of that person or the child, is guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for three,
six, or eight years.
Most counties in California and many states across the country know that a perps cannot be rehabilitated and their abuse upon children escalates.
A perpetrator will molest or rape apporx. 187 victims before a report is ever filed. By then the perps are at an old age and either pass away or are excused on a lesser penalty and are released from prison within 18 months for folding t-shirts.
If more victims of a crime, especially children, would come forward and present an victims impact statement to pass a local bill presented by assemblymen/women who are fresh and ready to take action, such as the bills I have been involved in; The State has little hope to end the perpetrators from escalating from sexual abuse to murder of the innocent victims. I fear this young generation is doomed.
Our only hope as advocates, such as you and I, is to keep this topic open and urge parents to not hide their children due to abuse and encourage them to take an active approach to spare another child from abuse and possibly murder.
Jenia

New Castle, DE

#20640 Mar 31, 2009
Kris wrote:
<quoted text>
why did he bite on that? because he has not class. That is how he thinks he shows love or respect for a child. Not something I would do at a time like that. I dont get the wedding thing either...stupid tacky choice and horrible timing. It just seemed to me Crystal was the one who came out swinging and pointing fingers and making accusations at a really bad time. As time goes on the more I think Misty has a lot to tell about that night.
I think the rason Crystal came out swinging as you say is that finally she had a platform to show what bio dad was made of. She had someone that would finally listen to her side of things. She was certainly worried about her other child living with bio dad and tot wife now more than ever as Haleigh is missing. There is no time like the present to save a child from harm. JMO
Jenia

New Castle, DE

#20641 Mar 31, 2009
geesh sorry
rason **reason**

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belle Isle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min OBAMANATION 1,509,307
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Murphey_Law 513,038
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 1 hr LYING Bullshyters 8,069
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 6 hr LizW 73,761
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,567
3 word game (Jan '11) 22 hr Rose_NoHo 14,277
News BSO arrests 50 gang members (May '09) 22 hr Jane doe 156

Belle Isle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Belle Isle Mortgages