Two Palm Beach sheriff's deputies cha...

Two Palm Beach sheriff's deputies charged with covering up yout...

There are 52 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 26, 2007, titled Two Palm Beach sheriff's deputies charged with covering up yout.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Two Palm Beach County sheriff's deputies were out of jail on bond Friday after they were indicted by a grand jury on charges of falsifying records to cover up the battery of a teenager at the sheriff's Eagle ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Reality

Miami, FL

#1 Oct 27, 2007
This youths need to get slammed and straighten their act up. The guards were just taking care of another punk mouth kid who thinks that no one can touch them.. No harm no foul.
MARY

Tulsa, OK

#2 Oct 27, 2007
TASER GUNS OR PHYSICAL VIOLENCE AGAIN A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL ABUSES HIS POWERS. I AM SO TIRED OF READING STORIES LIKE THIS.SO TIRED OF SEEING COPS RUN RED LIGHTS WHEN NOT ON A CALL, PEOPLE BEING SHOT AT, TASERED, ECT-JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE A BADGE.I HOPE THEY PUT THIS GUY AWAY. HE PROB HAS A SMALL MEMBER AND HAVING THIS BADGE IS THE ONLY WAY TO HAVE AUTHORITY!! SAD BUT TYPICAL HERE IN SOUTH FLORIDA.
what were you thinking

Okeechobee, FL

#3 Oct 27, 2007
These poor guys are trying to make a difference with these criminals. And now they are under the gun.

Society doesnt realize how bad these kids are. This is not reform school. This is place where most of these kids are convicted felons and were put there by the court system.

Its a shame, but todays law enforcement cant work with their heart anymore and must worry about self preservation.

What is the benefit of being assigned to a assignment like this, there is never a breath of fresh air because of the animals in that place. Bell Glade saiz it all!

mcm

Since: Mar 07

Champaign Urbana Illinois

#4 Oct 27, 2007
The kid wouldnt follow orders. He is a future thug. Kick him out of the program and send him straight to jail.

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Oct 27, 2007
Mary is upset because she did not get hired as a cop and now she hates all cops. To bad Mary.
MARY

Tulsa, OK

#7 Oct 27, 2007
www wrote:
Mary is upset because she did not get hired as a cop and now she hates all cops. To bad Mary.
NO SWEETIE--I ACTUALLY WORK IN CUST SERVICE AT THE AIRPORT WHERE AGAIN ARE WANNA BE COPS WHO DIDNT MAKE IT TO THE ACADEMY BEING RUDE WITH THEIR POWER TELLING PEOPLE GET OUT NOW BEFORE I GIVE YOU A TICKET(VERY DEGRADING TONE ALL THE TIME)..BUT ANYWAYS--I DO THINK THER ARE A FEW GOOD ONES..LIKE LAMBERTI!-SURE HE WILL DO A GREAT JOB! HE IS CUTE ANYWAYS.
If I Did It

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 Oct 27, 2007
Call it what you may, this is a boot camp. A boot camp the FL legislature outlawed. People, parents, I know we are all deseparate for help with our problem-laced kids but booted camps are not the solution, sorry. Just beat the fluids our the kid at home; have a block party beat down; or a church beating baptism, anything but booted camp.
Lawdog

Boca Raton, FL

#12 Oct 27, 2007
Close the place down. Cops should not be baby sitters to thugs.
Maurice

Boca Raton, FL

#13 Oct 27, 2007
The academy is an excellent facility provides free to children who volunteer to go there. Yes, volunteer. No one forces them to go there. And they can leave when they want too. The academy reaches them and their parents responsibility and life skills. And they do it very well. I would be very surprised if these officers did anything wrong and they, in turn, are well trained. If the boy didn't want to stand to attention, there are consequences and he has to deal with those. Including leaving the facility. How do I know how good it is? My son went there and changed from a low performing student to straights A's.
Follow the rules

Hollywood, FL

#14 Oct 27, 2007
The rules at that academy prohibits the employees from touching the students. They violated the rules and they should be prosecuted. The same way when you speed you get a ticket. No excuses.
Close the Eagle

Hialeah, FL

#15 Oct 27, 2007
The Eagle Academy should be closed up immediately. This program has proven itself to be unsuccessful for the many years it has been open and should be closed immediately. Sheriff Bradshaw could use that money elsewhere since he had to cut his budget.
femaleinblue

Loxahatchee, FL

#16 Oct 27, 2007
Obviously the parents of these kids can't control them so someone needs to be before they are too far gone. The general public would be disguted if you saw the lack of respect we get from kids these days-even the ones who aren't in trouble and we just make consentual contact with. It's really sad. Unfortunately in this day and age the kids have no consequences for their actions by their parents and that is why they are the way they are.
PBC Taxpayer

United States

#18 Oct 27, 2007
Close the Eagle wrote:
The Eagle Academy should be closed up immediately. This program has proven itself to be unsuccessful for the many years it has been open and should be closed immediately. Sheriff Bradshaw could use that money elsewhere since he had to cut his budget.
Since these kids are not followed after they leave the eagle academey, how do you know whether it is sucessfull or not? How has it proven to be unsucessful?
But I do agree, Bradshaw could us the money to give the deputies increased firepower.
COPS ARE NEVER WRONG

Boca Raton, FL

#19 Oct 27, 2007
NEVER EVER TRUST A COP!!!

ALL COPS LIE AND COVER UP FOR EACH OTHER ALWAYS HAVE, ALWAYS WILL.

RUN FROM THE COPS, HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COPS FOR ANY REASON, NOTHING.

COPS HAVE BEEN BEAT UP PRISONER FOR NO GOOD REASON FOR YEARS. MOST OF THE TIME THE PREFER IF THE PRISONER IS HANDCUFFED WHEN THE BEAT THEM UP. OTHER COPS WHO SEE IT ALWAYS LIE AND COVER UP FOR EACH OTHER.
concerned in palm beach

Lake Worth, FL

#20 Oct 27, 2007
So typical of those who have been in trouble with the law or a family/friend who have broken the law and now think that law enforcement is bad. The only other reason for such a comment is that she does not know what is really happening in society. There is a culture war going on and it will alter the nations future. As one is directly involved with the streets this is someone who should not even call the police. it is obvious that she can handle any violent or criminal acts on her own. These paradigms is why we have a nation in trouble and we are losing the fight.
MARY wrote:
TASER GUNS OR PHYSICAL VIOLENCE AGAIN A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL ABUSES HIS POWERS. I AM SO TIRED OF READING STORIES LIKE THIS.SO TIRED OF SEEING COPS RUN RED LIGHTS WHEN NOT ON A CALL, PEOPLE BEING SHOT AT, TASERED, ECT-JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE A BADGE.I HOPE THEY PUT THIS GUY AWAY. HE PROB HAS A SMALL MEMBER AND HAVING THIS BADGE IS THE ONLY WAY TO HAVE AUTHORITY!! SAD BUT TYPICAL HERE IN SOUTH FLORIDA.
concerned in palm beach

Lake Worth, FL

#21 Oct 27, 2007
please send in several hundred dollars to the clerk of the court for all the times you were speeding and never got ticketed. Actually turn yourself in to the jail because it probably will be elevated to reckless driving because its much more than ten times.
Follow the rules wrote:
The rules at that academy prohibits the employees from touching the students. They violated the rules and they should be prosecuted. The same way when you speed you get a ticket. No excuses.
concerned in palm beach

Lake Worth, FL

#22 Oct 27, 2007
Well lets save you and the county some money. Please make sure you disconnect your 911 and put yourself on the "do not call the police list." Or just let the police put you on the "do not respond list" It obvious you are a criminal or feel disinfranchised by something you... did. With that attitude everyone will see through you. Very sorry you feel this way.. try Russia or China. 97 % conviction rate and you'll have to prove your innocent.
COPS ARE NEVER WRONG wrote:
NEVER EVER TRUST A COP!!!
ALL COPS LIE AND COVER UP FOR EACH OTHER ALWAYS HAVE, ALWAYS WILL.
RUN FROM THE COPS, HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COPS FOR ANY REASON, NOTHING.
COPS HAVE BEEN BEAT UP PRISONER FOR NO GOOD REASON FOR YEARS. MOST OF THE TIME THE PREFER IF THE PRISONER IS HANDCUFFED WHEN THE BEAT THEM UP. OTHER COPS WHO SEE IT ALWAYS LIE AND COVER UP FOR EACH OTHER.
concerned in palm beach

Lake Worth, FL

#23 Oct 27, 2007
Actually they are followed and I am confused if your from Pompano Beach, how can you be a Palm Beach Tax payer. All your taxes go to Broward?
PBC Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Since these kids are not followed after they leave the eagle academey, how do you know whether it is sucessfull or not? How has it proven to be unsucessful?
But I do agree, Bradshaw could us the money to give the deputies increased firepower.
Follow the rules

Hollywood, FL

#24 Oct 27, 2007
concerned in palm beach wrote:
please send in several hundred dollars to the clerk of the court for all the times you were speeding and never got ticketed. Actually turn yourself in to the jail because it probably will be elevated to reckless driving because its much more than ten times.
<quoted text>
I dont speed. And you dont have a good comeback!
Follow the rules

Hollywood, FL

#25 Oct 27, 2007
concerned in palm beach wrote:
So typical of those who have been in trouble with the law or a family/friend who have broken the law and now think that law enforcement is bad. The only other reason for such a comment is that she does not know what is really happening in society. There is a culture war going on and it will alter the nations future. As one is directly involved with the streets this is someone who should not even call the police. it is obvious that she can handle any violent or criminal acts on her own. These paradigms is why we have a nation in trouble and we are losing the fight.
<quoted text>
So what yoour saying is Law enforcment officers can you use what ever force they deem necessary to deal with any situation. The truth is if they are held accountable for their actions they will learn better communication techniques to deal with situations instead of relying on use of force. Yes there are occasions where leo's have to protect themselves or members of the community but dont abuse that right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belle Glade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) 3 hr YO VINNIE 1,438
Graduation May 20 johnriven 1
the music thread (Mar '12) May 16 Musikologist 26
Belle Glade Music Thread (Oct '13) May 2 Musikologist 9
Pahokee Music Thread (Oct '13) May 2 Musikologist 9
Jeanne Partridge Apr 28 JULIO 2
News The number of daily opioid overdoses in South F... Apr '17 casa b 1

Belle Glade Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance