“Get real, Only ONE is perfect.”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7060 Nov 26, 2012
But I thought the soul never dies?
"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." Ezekiel 18:4.

Will the wicked be burned up completely?
"Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffic; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee." Ezekiel 28:18.

So they will cease to exist?
"All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more." Ezekiel 28:19.

How does God feel about the final destruction of the wicked?
"Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?" Ezekiel 33:11.

So after the destruction of the wicked, sin will never rise up again?
"What do ye imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time. For while they be folden together as thorns, and while they are drunken as drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry." Nahum 1:9-10.

How complete will the final destruction of the wicked be?
"For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch." Malachi 4:1.

Does the New Testament talk about the destruction of the wicked?
"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:" Matthew 7:13

Does the New Testament speak about the soul dieing?
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28.

When will all of this take place?
"As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world." Matthew 13:40.

Location hidden

#7061 Nov 26, 2012
Matthew 25:41 speaks of "everlasting fire" for the wicked. Does it go out?
"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matthew 25:41.?
NOTE: Yes, according to the Bible, it does. We must let the Bible explain itself. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed with everlasting, or eternal, fire and that fire turned them "into ashes" as a warning to "those that after should live ungodly."
"Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." Jude 1:7.
"And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;" 2 Peter 2:6.
These cities are not burning today. The fire went out after everything was burned up. Likewise, everlasting fire will go out after it has turned the wicked to ashes.
"And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts." Malachi 4:3.
The effects of the fire are everlasting, but not the burning itself.

Doesn't Matthew 25:46 say the wicked will receive "everlasting punishment"?
"And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal." Matthew 25:46.
NOTE: Notice the word is punishment, not punishing. Punishing would be continuous, while punishment is one act. The punishment of the wicked is death, and this death is everlasting. Nowhere in Scripture will you find that the wicked will receive eternal life, only the righteous.

What will happen to the saved?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.

What are the wages of sin according to the book of Romans?
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23.

What will happen to the devil, will he be destroyed also?
"Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;" Hebrews 2:14.

Location hidden

#7062 Nov 26, 2012
Why is it impossible for sinners to be in the presence of God?
"For our God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:29.

What example does the Bible use to show that God will destroy the wicked by fire?
"And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;" 2 Peter 2:6.

Where will this fire occur which destroys the wicked?
"But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men." 2 Peter 3:7.

Doesn't God want us to repent?
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9.

What will happen to the whole earth?
"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." 2 Peter 3:10.

If we miss out on the first resurrection, will we have a "second chance"?
"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." Revelation 20:6.

Where will the fire come from?
"And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them." Revelation 20:9.

What is the second death?
"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." Revelation 20:14.

Are there any more verses that talk about the second death?
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Revelation 21:8.

Location hidden

#7063 Nov 26, 2012
What about the verse in Revelation 20:10 where it talks about the devil, the beast and false prophet being tormented for ever and ever. Doesn't that show that hell fire is forever or eternal?
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." Revelation 20:10.
NOTE: The term "for ever," as used in the Bible, means simply a period of time, limited or unlimited. It is used 56 times in the Bible in connection with things that have already ended.* It is like the word "tall," which means something different in describing men, trees, or mountains. In Jonah 2:6, "for ever" means "three days and nights."
"I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God." Jonah 2:6.(See also Jonah 1:17.)
In Deuteronomy 23:3, this means "10 generations." In the case of man, this means "as long as he lives" or "until death." (See 1 Samuel 1:22,28; Exodus 21:6; Psalm 48:14.) So the wicked will burn in the fire as long as they live, or until death. This fiery punishment for sin will vary according to the degree of sins for each individual, but after the punishment, the fire will go out. The teaching of eternal torment has done more to drive people to atheism and insanity than any other invention of the devil. It is slander upon the loving character of a tender, gracious heavenly Father and has done untold harm to the Christian cause.
*To check in a concordance, look up the word "ever".

Location hidden

#7064 Nov 26, 2012
1. The wicked shall perish.
2.The saved shall never perish.
3. The sincere reader will understand that the primary meaning of perish is to die, to lose life, to come to an end, or to be destroyed.
4.PERISH is paralleled with die, kill, destroyed, consumed, slain, being eat up, laid waste, go to nothing, be as nothing, vanish, withereth, cut off, turn again unto dust, deceased, fade away and utterly wasted.
5.PERISH is illustrated by dung, turning again to dust, consuming into smoke, melting like wax before a fire, melting away, a vine being burned by fire, breath leaving a body, years being shortened, a city being uninhabited, and bottles breaking.
6.PERISH is contrasted to prolonging days, days not failing, enduring, abiding, having no end, living, eternal life, everlasting life, being renewed, and remaining.
7.Things that perish are land, an eye, people, weapons of war, dung, beasts, names, expectations, riches, wisdom of wise men, nations, kingdoms, houses, body members, bottles, hair, meat, and money.
8.That which causes things to perish are famine, God's wrath, smiting, warring nations, sickness, the sword, battle, fire, want of clothing, evil travail, and hunger.
9.As to any secondary meanings of perish, NONE express a continual process without an understood end.
10.As to any secondary meanings of perish, NONE even remotely express the theory of endless torment.
Anderson Guy

Carl Junction, MO

#7065 Nov 26, 2012
Interesting. This is one time I hope you're right. But based on Revelation I don't think so.

Location hidden

#7066 Nov 26, 2012
Anderson Guy wrote:
Interesting. This is one time I hope you're right. But based on Revelation I don't think so.
...IF you're just basing it all on Revelation,..it takes ALL of YHVH's Word and you seem to be ignoring it to suit yourself...I serve YHVH who is THE God of LOVE...What father would punish his children forever???..That's not love;..That's a mean tyrant...You seem to find some deluded pleasure in thinking that YHVH would let His souls burn forever...To perish means to fully die...which is what a soul will do if they are Judged to that lake of fire...THIS IS THE SECOND DEATH,..the death of the soul...Based on Revelation, what does devoured mean in this scripture???
"And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them." Revelation 20:9.
..Revelation sure speaks of a SECOND DEATH which is the death of the soul..."And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." Revelation 20:14.
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Revelation 21:8.

...So baps,...not agreeing,..then what exactly do you think the second death is???....And that word perish meaning never ever to be anymore,..then HOW to you explain your forever torment theory? Again if your basing your theory on ONE Scripture, Rev.20: 10, then maybe you need to check out that word ever...NOTHING, not even a soul burns forever..
The teaching of eternal torment has done more to drive people to atheism and insanity than any other invention of the devil. It is slander upon the loving character of a tender, gracious heavenly Father and has done untold harm to the Christian cause.
YHVH God The Father is LOVE and He's so loving that any who do go into that lake of fire will never be remembered again...Their death, the second death of the soul is forever. That's the punishment baps...To never ever live eternally with God...
Jeanie

Huntsville, AL

#7067 Nov 26, 2012
Anderson Guy wrote:
Since Christ does not mention the Church to His disciples in this conversation, the plain interpretation is that Israel is the primary focus of the Prophecy of Matthew 24. Matthew 24 speaks of the Great Tribulation, and beginning at verse 15, Christ states that the Antichrist will set up the "abomination of desolation" (a supernatural statue of the Antichrist) to be worshiped in the Temple. In verses 40 and 41, Jesus says, "Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left." A vital question for students of the Bible is the identity of these people who "shall be taken." Does this prophecy refer to the Church or does it reveal God's plans for the Tribulation saint who become believers after the Rapture?
This chapter tells us that at the end of the Great Tribulation, God will send His angels and "they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other" (verse 31). These "elect" are the people who become believers during the Great Tribulation of three and one-half years. This gathering together is not the Rapture. This gathering of Tribulation believers takes place at the end of the Tribulation, whereas the Rapture of the Church occurs sometime prior to the beginning of the Great Tribulation when Antichrist sets himself up as "God" in the Temple. Notice that the angels "gather the elect" (verse 31), whereas, at the time of the Rapture, "The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first" (1 Thessalonians 4:16--17). This gathering of the "elect" Tribulation saints will occur at the conclusion of three and one-half years --- a period of time for which there are the most detailed prophecies found in the Bible.
So this writer is saying these elect saints are those who became believers during the trib. and are the ones "taken" later as described in Matt.24:40-41 which are not part of the raptured church which will be taken before the trib.

This is absolutely FALSE!

Luke17:34:37 tells us exactly where those that are taken will be taken to and it sure isn't a "gathering unto Christ" at any time,,,,37:-And they anwswered and said unto Him, where Lord? and He said unto them,"Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles(VULTURES) be gathered together.
Jeanie

Huntsville, AL

#7068 Nov 26, 2012
Malachi wrote:
<quoted text>
...IF you're just basing it all on Revelation,..it takes ALL of YHVH's Word and you seem to be ignoring it to suit yourself...I serve YHVH who is THE God of LOVE...What father would punish his children forever???..That's not love;..That's a mean tyrant...You seem to find some deluded pleasure in thinking that YHVH would let His souls burn forever...To perish means to fully die...which is what a soul will do if they are Judged to that lake of fire...THIS IS THE SECOND DEATH,..the death of the soul...Based on Revelation, what does devoured mean in this scripture???
..Revelation sure speaks of a SECOND DEATH which is the death of the soul..."And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." Revelation 20:14.
...So baps,...not agreeing,..then what exactly do you think the second death is???....And that word perish meaning never ever to be anymore,..then HOW to you explain your forever torment theory? Again if your basing your theory on ONE Scripture, Rev.20: 10, then maybe you need to check out that word ever...NOTHING, not even a soul burns forever..
The teaching of eternal torment has done more to drive people to atheism and insanity than any other invention of the devil. It is slander upon the loving character of a tender, gracious heavenly Father and has done untold harm to the Christian cause.
YHVH God The Father is LOVE and He's so loving that any who do go into that lake of fire will never be remembered again...Their death, the second death of the soul is forever. That's the punishment baps...To never ever live eternally with God...
Right malachi, and this is how folks get into trouble with this rapture belief, they base it soely upon that one scripture in 1Thess.4:17, when the whole subj. is based upon where the dead are.

Location hidden

#7069 Nov 26, 2012
Jeanie,..Those that believe in that fly away "rapture" also try to say that the Holy Spirit/The Comforter is removed.Another LIE from satan..SO,..Just HOW do they explain any getting saved during the tribulation without the Holy Spirit???? God's Word promises that The Holy Spirit will be with us always and forever..

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever

John 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 15:26 "When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

Location hidden

#7070 Nov 26, 2012
Luke 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
{{ A testimony is a spiritual witness given by the Holy Ghost.}}

14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:

15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

Rev 2:11 8
"And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write:

The first and the last, who 1 was dead, and has come to life, says this:

`I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

`Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. 11 Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

` He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.'

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

...AGAIN, A testimony is a spiritual witness given by the Holy Ghost....So HOW can one tesitfy for YHVH IF The Comforter/ Holy Spirit removed???
Jeanie

Huntsville, AL

#7071 Nov 26, 2012
Rev2:7--He that hath an ear, let hm hear what the Spirit sayeth unto the CHURCHES,to him that overometh will I give to eat of the tree of life which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev2:11
` He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the CHURCHES. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.'

then in Rev.2:10---the churches are told what not to fear during the trib. and be faithful unto death and He will give them a crown of life.

So,how can the church be gone in a rapture before the trib. when Jesus here is telling the churches if they overcome during the trib. they will eat of the tree of life and not be hurt by the second death.
Jeanie

Huntsville, AL

#7072 Nov 26, 2012
Also,here's another verse to the Church in Rev.2:26 speaking of overcoming til the end of this age---And he that overcometh and keepeth my works unto the END to him will i give power over the nations. nothing in these verses even hinting that the church will be gone before the trib. they all speak of the church going thru the trib. to the end.

Location hidden

#7073 Nov 28, 2012
Anderson Guy wrote:
...Where'd ya go???....I'm not trying to be self rightously right there baps,..and I'm not worried about you thinking you're right ...Just trying to show you that it's YHVH and His Word that's right...Hope one day you quit chasing after doctrines of men and quit accusing Jeanie and I of following a man and you SEE that what we share is YHVH's Word...You say you don't think so based on Revelation,..and I shared YHVH's good Word with you on the subject...Now tell me where YHVH is wrong and you are right....
Jeanie

Somerville, AL

#7074 Nov 29, 2012
Another verse to consider in relation to eternal torment is Matthew 25.46, "And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal" (Matthew 25.46 KJV bible). What exactly is meant here by everlasting or eternal punishment? It doesn't necessarily mean that the wicked will be tormented forever, but rather that their punishment is everlasting because they have no chance of ever being restored or brought back to life.

This is similar to when someone describes a certain artifact as being lost forever. It was lost to mankind at one point in time, but the implication is that it can never be brought back. This is also similar to Hebrews 6.2, which makes mention of eternal judgment, "Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment" (Hebrews 6.2 KJV bible). This phrase, "eternal judgment", doesn't mean that people will be continually judged every day, for all eternity. Rather the judgment of that great day will happen at one point in time, but its results will endure unchanging forever and ever.

Finally, there is another description of the Lake of Fire to consider, which is the one given in the parable of the wheat and the tares, "The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 13.41-42 KJV bible). This is describing how at the great white throne judgment, the angels will gather the tares or weeds (used symbolically for the wicked), and cast them into the Lake of fire. Naturally, when the tares are initially gathered up and cast in they will be grieved and tormented, but they will eventually be overcome and destroyed in Lake of Fire.

Location hidden

#7075 Dec 1, 2012
...Jeanie,..Funny how Anderson,..aka baps can lurk around Gravette slingling his loveless negativity and not come back here and give an answer to back up his last little one liner...Supposed to be ready to give an answer..in and out of season...So I'm guessing no answer from baps just means he has no answer...Being perfected in YHVH's love would probably cure that up fo him....

Location hidden

#7076 Dec 5, 2012
The Birth of Yahshua

Luke 1:5-44. First of all we can set a date in verse 5, with "the course of Abia". This was the
eighth of the priestly courses of ministration in the Temple (I Chron. 24:10), and occurred, as
did the others, twice in the year. The "Courses" were changed every week, beginning each
with a Sabbath. The reckoning commenced on the 22nd day of Tisri or Ethanim.
This was the eighth and last day of the Feast of Tabernacles = the "Great Day of the Feast"
(John 7:37), and was a Sabbath (Lev. 23:39).
The first course fell by lot to Jehoiarib, and the eighth to Abia or Abijah (1Chron. 24:10).
Bearing in mind that all the courses served together at the three Great Feasts, the dates for
the two yearly "ministrations" of Abiah will be seen to fall as follows:

The first ministration was from 12 - 18 Chisleu = December 6 - 12.

The second ministration was from 12 -18 Sivan = June 13 - 19.

Now Zacharias's course of Abia was June 13-19.
Read through to verse 23 of Luke chapter 1, where it says, when Zacharias's ministration
was accomplished, he departed to his own house. This is a two day journey on foot, which
puts the date at June 21st- 22nd. In the following verse 24, Elizabeth conceived and hid
herself 5 months which would put the date at November 23rd- 24th. In verse 26, in the sixth
month when Gabriel went to Mary to tell her that a son would be born to her and his name
shall be called Jesus, Luke 1:26-33. Look at verses 39-47, In verses 41 and 44 this
documents that in the sixth month of Elizabeth's pregnancy, Mary went to see her and Jesus
leaped in her womb. Proving that Jesus was conceived on the date December 25th. Now
count nine months later and you get a date of September 29th, if you have a Bullinger's
Companion Bible all these dates are given to you in Appendix 179.
Another scripture you can document this with is Luke 2, Rome's first taxation in Judea.
Most of all the people walked to pay taxes, so Rome would have never made the time of
taxation, in a time of the year when people couldn't make it. September is very pleasant in
Jerusalem, cool but not cold like December when there is snow.
Go down to chapter 2:8, the shepherds were abiding in the field. This would have been
impossible to have sheep of Lebanon in the field in Winter. The shepherds usually slaughter
their sheep before Winter or very rarely put them in stalls, for lack of food for them.

Also check out shepherds in your encyclopedia, it will verify this statement.

The Conception of John the Baptist on or about 23rd SIVAN = June 24 in the year 5 B.C.

The Gennesis (Begetting) of our Lord on or about 1st TEBETH = December 25 in the year
5 B. C.

The birth of John Baptist on or about 4th-7th NISAN = March 25-28 in the year 4 B. C.

The birth of our Lord on or about 15th TISRI = September 29 in the
year 4 B. C.
Jeanie

Huntsville, AL

#7077 Dec 7, 2012
Malachi wrote:
...Jeanie,..Funny how Anderson,..aka baps can lurk around Gravette slingling his loveless negativity and not come back here and give an answer to back up his last little one liner...Supposed to be ready to give an answer..in and out of season...So I'm guessing no answer from baps just means he has no answer...Being perfected in YHVH's love would probably cure that up fo him....
I see baps hasn't returned yet, you're right, he has no answers so he doesn't want anyone to see all that egg on his face.

Location hidden

#7078 Dec 8, 2012
Jeanie wrote:
<quoted text>I see baps hasn't returned yet, you're right, he has no answers so he doesn't want anyone to see all that egg on his face.
...Sad he has nothing to share;..He's still lurking around though leaving his nasty slanderous negativity...How narrow minded can he be to think those that study with SC are kkk???...lol...He seems to be the one with prejudice issues...Sad for him and his preconcived judgmental ways...

Location hidden

#7079 Dec 14, 2012
Prayers for the children, staff and familys at the Sandy Hook Elementry school in Newton , Conneticut. May YHVH wrap His loving arms around them and bring them comfort in the midst of this evil craziness of this world...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bella Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 4 hr Granpa bilbo 10,067
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 hr Vote 29,900
Former members of Sheperds Chapel (Nov '10) 11 hr Anderson Guy 3,734
Southeast Poultrys Meth Dealer Sep 29 Ricky 2
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art impresse... Sep 28 MackGammon 1
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) Sep 27 Guest 854
AR Who do you support for Attorney General in Arka... (Oct '10) Sep 26 booget 412
Bella Vista Dating
Find my Match

Bella Vista Jobs

Bella Vista People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bella Vista News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bella Vista

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]