As family grieves, officials probe gi...

As family grieves, officials probe girl's death at Delray day care

There are 5 comments on the Palm Beach Post story from Aug 7, 2010, titled As family grieves, officials probe girl's death at Delray day care. In it, Palm Beach Post reports that:

"I just hope we get justice," said Haile's great-uncle, Darrell Bridgett, who recalled the way the 2 -year-old's face would light up when her father walked in the room.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Palm Beach Post.

Manny Rodriguez

Boynton Beach, FL

#1 Aug 7, 2010
Parents need to decide to have the child's mother stay home.

This is a very sad trend: Kids getting dumped at daycare when they are too young and need to bond with a parent.

See daycaresdontcare.org
angela holligan

Bokeelia, FL

#2 Aug 9, 2010
Not all moms can afford to stay home with there children. I know they would love too,but some moms want to work and not depend on the government to take of them and there children.
Manny Rodriguez

Miami, FL

#3 Aug 10, 2010
angela holligan wrote:
Not all moms can afford to stay home with there children. I know they would love too,but some moms want to work and not depend on the government to take of them and there children.
It is possible to do it on one income. We do it, and I'm a teacher. It can be done. It's just a matter of what you value.

The kids end up suffering when proper planning to ensure kids have stable, married parents when they are born.

Many instead are born into chaos, poverty, and even materialistic parents who aren't available to their children at such critical developmental stage (birth to age 5).

Just imagine spending 8+ hours, 5X a week in an institutionalized childcare environment without having mother and father available to comfort or talk to them.

By the way, babysitter/nanny/ doesn't cut it either.
jan

Lake Worth, FL

#4 Aug 10, 2010
my daughter works nights i work days!! my grandchildren will NEVER go to day care!
Manny Rodriguez

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Aug 10, 2010
jan wrote:
my daughter works nights i work days!! my grandchildren will NEVER go to day care!
What about the father?

A loving attentive father keeps young girls from being promiscuous as teens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sat zazz 98,477
Review: MDS Logging LLC (Nov '15) Aug 10 Pissed 8
Shane Travis Harris Branford Florida Aug 7 Anonymous 1
Shane Harris Aug 7 Anonymous 1
Anyone have any news/gossip/thoughts about Fort... (Sep '16) Jul '17 Lane4233 3
Fort white Easter good or bad Jul '17 Lane4233 2
Life in Newberry?! (Oct '09) Jun '17 Ashole 4

Bell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bell Mortgages