Jumping sturgeon knocks woman unconsc...

Jumping sturgeon knocks woman unconscious on Suwannee River

There are 38 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 12, 2007, titled Jumping sturgeon knocks woman unconscious on Suwannee River. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A woman was injured over the weekend by a leaping sturgeon, the latest incident involving the flying fish on the Suwannee River, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Make Sense

Longwood, FL

#22 Jun 12, 2007
Somebody better get a hold of the Sturgeon General.
OI8AFLY

Kissimmee, FL

#23 Jun 12, 2007
UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE.

Today at 13:00 hours the sturgen culprit was arrested just south of Daytona. Officers from the fish and wild life office observed said culprit, Willy Sturgeon, attempting on a boat-jacking on a similar boat. Willy will be transfered to the custody of Casselberry Police at which time he will probably be sentenced to death by the trigger happy Casselberry PD. He will then ascend to animal heaven where he will join Billy Monitor Lizard and Hammerhead Dave.
Carol

Columbia, SC

#24 Jun 12, 2007
caviar comes from the virgin sturgeon
virgin sturgeon's a very rare fish 'cuz
no good sturgeon wants to be a virgin
that's why caviar's a pricey dish!

- traditional folk song
Steve

Eustis, FL

#25 Jun 12, 2007
Hey Honey, you've got to lean waaaay over to see the pretty fish!

Since: Apr 07

Winter Springs, FL

#26 Jun 12, 2007
They never indicate the race in these articles. I bet the sturgeon was black.
In the News

Chicago, IL

#27 Jun 12, 2007
Seriously, I don't know much about fishing. How could such severe injuries come from a leaping sturgeon? I can understand the missing fingers from a bite if it grows up to 8ft, but the spleen and the tooth?

Someone educate me on this!!!

"In April, a leaping sturgeon severely injured a 50-year-old woman from St. Petersburg who was riding a personal watercraft on the Suwannee River. She suffered a ruptured spleen and had three fingers reattached by surgeons, but she lost her left pinkie finger and a tooth."
Joe

Orlando, FL

#28 Jun 12, 2007
The sturgeon should be held accountable. I think she should call Morgan & Morgan and sue the fish.
Be Realistic

United States

#29 Jun 12, 2007
You're all a riot!!!! These are all too funny!
Bill Clinton

Merritt Island, FL

#30 Jun 12, 2007
She was a beautiful blond chineese national.
Carol

Columbia, SC

#31 Jun 12, 2007
In the News wrote:
Seriously, I don't know much about fishing. How could such severe injuries come from a leaping sturgeon? I can understand the missing fingers from a bite if it grows up to 8ft, but the spleen and the tooth?
Someone educate me on this!!!
"In April, a leaping sturgeon severely injured a 50-year-old woman from St. Petersburg who was riding a personal watercraft on the Suwannee River. She suffered a ruptured spleen and had three fingers reattached by surgeons, but she lost her left pinkie finger and a tooth."
what if you were hit by an 8 foot missle weighing 200 pounds? blunt force trauma!
School Boy

Orlando, FL

#32 Jun 12, 2007
It would have been nice to attach a picture of what a Sturgeon looks like. If it's a prehistoric looking thing that can grow up to 8 feet long and up to 200 pounds, people need to see it
Real Funny

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#33 Jun 12, 2007
I think the Orlando Sentinel should reel in these entries and post them under a title like Internet Humor. You guys are hilario8802us!
Real Funny

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#34 Jun 12, 2007
That should have read hilarious. We know how to spell in PR, that was just a typo!
OneVoice3

Ocala, FL

#35 Jun 13, 2007
OI8AFLY wrote:
UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE.
Today at 13:00 hours the sturgen culprit was arrested just south of Daytona. Officers from the fish and wild life office observed said culprit, Willy Sturgeon, attempting on a boat-jacking on a similar boat. Willy will be transfered to the custody of Casselberry Police at which time he will probably be sentenced to death by the trigger happy Casselberry PD. He will then ascend to animal heaven where he will join Billy Monitor Lizard and Hammerhead Dave.
TOO Funny - I like these post - we need more levity in this world.
Gil

Kissimmee, FL

#36 Jun 13, 2007
School Boy wrote:
It would have been nice to attach a picture of what a Sturgeon looks like. If it's a prehistoric looking thing that can grow up to 8 feet long and up to 200 pounds, people need to see it
It's one arse-ugly, scary-looking fish. Google for an image and you'll see. It's about the last thing I'd want to see bursting out of the water and heading right for me at high speed.
ERIC

Brea, CA

#37 Jun 14, 2007
Hey, ya wanna get out and commune with nature, ya better be ready for critters acting like critters.
Mike from tucson

United States

#38 Jun 14, 2007
What's the big 'roe' about?
tara spears

Fort White, FL

#39 Jan 2, 2011
Gil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! That only thing that would be lamer would be reading them all and then issuing a critique ...
I'm still waiting for someone to wonder whether the woman had more than her share of melanin or was passport-challenged, in which case they will nominate the sturgeon for the Medal of Honor.
for the record i was 6months pregnant. and was just sitting with my daughter other than that i don't remember anything. so glad it is so amusing to everyone. grow up its not like anyone blames the fish. that area is getting worse everyyear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sun zazz 98,271
Pizza for all Nov 17 Zarrillojoseph 1
Anyone have any news/gossip/thoughts about Fort... Oct '16 riverbug199 2
Review: MDS Logging LLC (Nov '15) Sep '16 Emerson 4
David ford (Jan '16) Sep '16 Lane4233 2
Internet Providers? (Jul '15) Jul '15 mojohns 1
News Small town copes with mass slaying (Sep '14) Sep '14 jrw 2

Bell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bell Mortgages