Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98081 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100351 Aug 17, 2014
zazz wrote:
"Some people are talking about you just because their lives are boring. Don't respond. Keep living your life." Thema Davis
Another good one Zazz. AND true. We waste such valuable time when we worry about what others may be saying about us. Such a waste. Time never to be recaptured.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100352 Aug 17, 2014
zazz wrote:
August, this year, will have 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens only once every 823 years. The Chinese call it "Silver pockets full." So: send this message to your friends and in four days money will surprise you. Based on Chinese Feng Shui. Whoever does not transmit the message ... MAY find themselves poor. I obeyed ....(you never know).
This one particularly caught my eye Zazz. 823 years until we have another Aug with 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays! Absolutely amazing!!

I've always been intrigued with time and the calendar and how it was all set up way back when; by whom, why and how. We take it all for granted; but realistically, how the heck was the calendar ever established in the first place to have 365 days in a year, but every 4th year having 366 days, some mons 30 days and some 31, then with Feb having 28 days and every 4th year having 29 days? Why the heck wasn't it set up to have 360 days per year with each mon having 30 days, then on the 4th year a new mon called something like Juvember having only five days but every 4th year having 6 days, if they thought they needed to catch up with their solar system, or whatever? I tell ya, it's way over my head or maybe it could have been so simple it was overlooked as being too simple-minded to work.

On the other hand, did you know that the calendar contains a 3-year mistake? As I understand it, the calendar was established by Jewish Bible Scribes in accordance with their own Hebrew Scriptures as revealed in the Old Testament. They took "time" using BC (Before Christ), starting thousands of years earlier and brought it down to the year "One", then started over with the year "One" AD (After Divinity), clearly admitting among themselves that JESUS WAS Divinity and WAS the Messiah that had been promised; therefore, no mistake in this, only now to fight, argue and deny it.

HOWEVER, the mistake lies in the initial stages of identifying the years Jesus was born, walked and talked on this earth and died on the cross; WHICH, that too they agreed upon. The error? In more recent centuries it has been determined that Jesus actually lived three years earlier than when the AD calendar was established, making this actually the year 2017 AD, and NOT 2014 AD.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100353 Aug 17, 2014
Ummmm..... Just speculating. It occurred to me that when the initial calendar was established, maybe the scribes were spooked by the thought of having a short 13th month (calling it unlucky) that could have accounted for the extra five to six days in a calendar year (using the solar system?) that they thought they needed to account for? It's for danged sure that somebody certainly spooked us into not using the number thirteen. But why? What is the reasoning behind this so-called unlucky number? It certainly was used in the Bible in numbering chapters and verses.

I wonder, was any history established that describes how the calendar and time was established in the beginning? Not the Biblical beginning which was clearly established in the Book of Genesis and throughout the Bible; but as to how MAN established time and the calendar? I think it would be very interesting to know these facts if they could ever be found. Deep thoughts!
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100354 Aug 17, 2014
zazz wrote:
"There are two ways you can get through pain. You can let it destroy you, or you can use it as fuel to drive you: to dream bigger, to work harder."
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift must be talking about her "man" troubles, most which are so easy to solve just by walking away and going in a new direction, unless you've gotten too deep in, which she never did in the first place. Duh... I do like her, not having any reason not too; but IMO, my cat knows more about pain than she does. Just let me say, that when you are bound up in pain so much so that you can't think of or feel anything else, the very last thing that enters your mind is dreaming bigger or working harder. Nope. She doesn't know squat about REAL pain. I hope she never gets to find out.

Her comment also does nothing to help one who is caught up in the throes of lingering and dark depression; i.e., Robin Williams, Mary Kennedy (deceased by suicide widow of Robt Kennedy, Jr, leaving four minor children), L'Wren Scott, and all those others, many we never hear about who commit suicide on a daily basis. I grieve for the pain these poor ones suffered that none other could or would fathom or relate too, nor could they get a handle on their overwhelming tormenting pain either.

IMO, suicide is not necessarily a mental illness, nor is it a plan one thinks of all in one day then executes it that very day; it is a tormenting final act that has been lingering on this agonizing persons' mind for a period of time as being the only way out of their painful disappointments,(mostly caused by others who don't give a damn whether they kill themselves or not); with them ultimately seeing no point in continuing in their misery only then to die eventually anyhow. IMO, they can no longer see a reason good enough to continue on with their painful struggles that only get worse. THAT is the reality of ending it all, IMO. The only thing, here is the great lie of the devil; they haven't stopped to think that THIS isn't the end. It's only the beginning. Oh yeah, I do feel sadness for every one of them and pray for their redemption and salvation in that final moment.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#100355 Aug 17, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is the birthday of Davy Crockett (1786)? Davy Crockett was a 19th-century American folk hero, frontiersman, soldier and politician. He is commonly referred to as "King of the Wild Frontier." He represented Tennessee in the U.S. House of Representatives, served in the Texas Revolution, and died at the Battle of the Alamo. Crockett became one of the best-known American folk heroes. Celebrate Davy's birthday by donning a raccoon hat!
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100356 Aug 17, 2014
zazz wrote:
Did you know...
... that today is the birthday of Davy Crockett (1786)? Davy Crockett was a 19th-century American folk hero, frontiersman, soldier and politician. He is commonly referred to as "King of the Wild Frontier." He represented Tennessee in the U.S. House of Representatives, served in the Texas Revolution, and died at the Battle of the Alamo. Crockett became one of the best-known American folk heroes. Celebrate Davy's birthday by donning a raccoon hat!
No! I did not know that, Zazz. I've always wondered if all the stories we read about Davy Crockett in his youth were true. Those were some mighty tall tales; but no newspapers, no telephones, no television, and I'm not even sure they had radios back then. So exactly how did 'they' learn all these stories about Davy Crockett or anyone else? Via horseback? Somebody would write a book every decade or so?

So many were born in August. My own b'day was yesterday. For me, a milestone. Both my sons and my husband were also born in August. Have a good evening all... xx00xx...

P.S... I tried to post to you earlier Vic and my post would not go through. Will try again tomorrow. Nite hon.... Have a good one.

Location hidden

#100357 Aug 18, 2014
Anne wrote:
For heavens' sakes. There must be something wrong with me if I am the only person who can see something wrong with a grandpa preacher bathing with his little four year old granddaughter. The man claims he put on his swimming trunks and the child was wearing trucks when she went into the tub with him. Oh? This makes it okay?
I read on the NYDN this morning, with smiling photo published by mother on instagram, of this very incident and the many posts defending this '"innocent" act and accusing others who might have a different opinion of having a dirty mind! Lord have mercy.
Doesn't anyone out there, including all these mothers who defended grandpas' act, have any understanding AT ALL of the possibilities of 'grooming' and child molestation in such a situation? The stupidity of relatives handing their children over to an adult in a nudie situation, including bath time even if scantily clad, flours me!
IMO, even parents have no business bathing or showering with their young children. Can you imagine Ronald bathing with sweet Haleigh? I can. Didn't her teachers and counselor already suspect she had been molested due to the comments she made in school concerning sexual issues she was too young to know about? They sure did! WHICH, could be the very reason her little battered and torn body was hidden so well by her own family, never to be seen again.
What case are you talking about? I don't find a post about it.

Who would bath in a swim suit in the bathtub? A pedophile doing something sneaky!!!

Location hidden

#100358 Aug 18, 2014
My posts from yesterday are missing. They never got numbered although they appeared when I posted them. Topix gets stranger and stranger.

Location hidden

#100359 Aug 18, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is Virginia Dare's Birthday (1587)? An expedition led by Sir Walter Raleigh landed at what is now Roanoke Island, North Carolina. Seven days later, on this day, Virginia Dare became the first child of English parentage to be born in America. As far as anyone knows, all was well with the little colony. That is, until four years later, when a ship bringing supplies arrived only to find no colony. The settlers, including Virginia Dare, had vanished. No trace was ever found of the lost colony.

Location hidden

#100365 Aug 21, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is First Eagle Scout Day? The first boy reached the rank of Eagle Scout, the highest rank in the Boy Scouts of America program on August 21, 1912. He was Arthur R. Eldred of Oceanside, New York. This award goes to only about 4% of all Boy Scouts. More than one million Boy Scouts have now earned the rank since 1911, including former President Gerald Ford and film director Steven Spielberg. Congrats to all the young fine men who have attained this rank!

Location hidden

#100366 Aug 21, 2014

"Don't be ashamed to weep; 'tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us."

Brian Jacques

Location hidden

#100368 Aug 22, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is National Tooth Fairy Day? Losing baby teeth can be a traumatic experience for young children but it always gets better with a visit from the friendly, smiling and soothing Tooth Fairy! Celebrate by smiling at everyone today!

Location hidden

#100369 Aug 22, 2014

"When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened."

Winston Churchill

Location hidden

#100373 Aug 25, 2014
I see my fan club has stopped by again. Thanks for the lemons, I'm making fresh lemonade.

Location hidden

#100374 Aug 25, 2014
BIBLE VERSE:

Psalm 143:10

Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100375 Aug 25, 2014
zazz wrote:
I see my fan club has stopped by again. Thanks for the lemons, I'm making fresh lemonade.
Hey sweet Zazz. Been keeping my eye open for you today, yesterday too..... Miss seeing your posts. Hope all is good for you, Vic, and everyone... xx00xx

Location hidden

#100376 Aug 25, 2014
"May the world be kind to you, and may your own thoughts be gentle upon yourself."

Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Location hidden

#100377 Aug 25, 2014
Did you know...

The world's oldest emergency phone number is the U.K's 999 number that was introduced on June 30, 1937. It was implemented after a call to the fire brigade was held in a queue with the telephone company. The delay cost five women their lives in the fire.

The first-ever 911 call in the United States happened on February 16, 1968, in Haleyville, Alabama. It wasn't until 1999 that Congress directed the FCC to make 911 the universal emergency number for the United States for all telephone services.

Known as the "The City Where 911 Began," Haleyville, Alabama, holds a 911 festival every year that honors all police, fire, and emergency personnel.

In 2006, 5-year-old Robert Turner called 911 when his mother collapsed form heart problems. The call taker thought he was making a prank call and told the little boy that she would send help and hung up. The boy waited three hours and, with his mother still unconscious, called 911 again. This time, a different call taker told the boy that he would get in trouble if he kept playing around. Scared, the boy hung up. His mom died.

Location hidden

#100378 Aug 26, 2014
The banker saw his old friend Tom, an eighty year-old rancher in town. Tom had lost his wife a year or so before and rumor had it that he was marrying a "mail order" bride. Being a good friend, the banker asked Tom if the rumor was true. Tom assured him that it was. The banker then asked Tom the age of his new bride to be.. Tom proudly said, "She'll be twenty-one in November."

Now the banker, being the wise man that he was, could see that the sexual appetite of a young woman could not be satisfied by an eighty-year-old man. Wanting his old friend's remaining years to be happy the banker tactfully suggested that Tom should consider getting a hired hand to help him out on the ranch, knowing nature would take its own course. Tom thought this was a good idea and said he would look for one that afternoon.

About four months later, the banker ran into Tom in town again. "How's the new wife?" asked the banker.

Tom proudly said, "Oh, she's pregnant."

The banker, happy that his sage advice had worked out, continued, "And how's the hired hand?"

Without hesitating, Tom said, "She's pregnant, too."

Location hidden

#100379 Aug 26, 2014
Two elderly Irish drinking buddies are sitting at the pub pondering on the future.

One says to the other, "You know Mr. O'Shea, we've had great sport together for many years. It just came to mind that should it be I who should happen to go first, it would mean a great deal to me if you would say a few kind words at me grave."

The other friend responds, "That I'll do, Mr.O'Donnel, that I'll do. But should it be I who should happen to go first, for old times sake I'd be forever grateful if you would pour a bottle of fine Irish whiskey over me grave."

The friend responds, "That I'll do. That I'll do. But would you mind it so much if it should happen to pass through me kidneys first?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Branford City Council (Jul '11) Jun 21 Scott Alred 27
Keg room Jun 17 Wankers Trans Lover 3
Keg room transgender friendly Jun 9 Tom 1
I need advice Jun 7 llb0857 3
Stolen Vehicle Jun 5 Giardini 1
Suwannee Cove Nightmare-Beware!!!!!! (Mar '12) May '16 SheilafromSuwanee 23
News Hospice of Citrus and the Nature Coast honors v... May '16 Lisa Ann 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bell Mortgages