Suwannee County Property Taxes

Suwannee County Property Taxes

Posted in the Bell Forum

TAX BILL WOWS

Lake Butler, FL

#1 Jan 15, 2012
I am sure everyone has gotten their Tax bill by now. Have you really looked at it and gone line by line? Do you know what your being taxed for and by whom? Do you know where the money is going and what it is being spent for? Add up the millage,

Here is an example if you live out of live Oak, If you live in town add about 6 more totaling about 22 mil

Branford is about 20.75 mil

LOCAL SCHOOL
DISCRETIONARY 0.7480
LOCAL CAPITAL IMP 1.5000
CRITICAL CAPITAL 0.2500
STATE 5.5880
SUWANNEE RIVER WATER MANAGEMNT 0.4143
SUWANNEE COUNTY
GENERAL REVENUE 4.0000
FORFEITURE FUND 4.0000
Total Millage 16.5003

Now add FIRE and Solid waste (you know thats where you carry you trash to the dump site)

What your opinion?

Branford, FL

#2 Jan 19, 2012
My opinion has been the same for quite a few years now. Property Taxes will not support our government indefinitely. Our best bet it to start a petition for constitutional amendment to abolish property taxes and replace it with a higher state sales tax. I have always thought that sales tax equals a fair tax. Everyone is taxed, thieves, drug dealers, and illegals alike. I would happily pay a higher combined federal and state sales tax rather than property and income taxes. But this will never happen.
voter

Lake Butler, FL

#3 Jan 20, 2012
I agree, when property owners were the only ones who could vote it was let to them but now the one who do not pay are allowed to have input.

Sales tax is a fair tax it could eliminate all other taxes if it were imposed properly

High Springs, FL

#4 Jan 21, 2012
Who knows of a way to get this started, I know we would need petitions or something. There has got to be a way to get this to a vote.
voter

Fort White, FL

#5 Jan 21, 2012
At a state level the Gov. and the State Reps could push it thru. I beleive if enough voters signed a petition to get it on the ballot would be another way.

At the federal level maybe 15% since that what most of the rich pay on capital gains and that seems to be how they get their income. Romney say he pays 15% so why should others pay more. Same as many others who are amoung the so called 1%. I wonder if enough people signed a petition to get a public vote on 15% federal income tax with no exemptions and it be filed on a post card would work? Then there would ne no need for the IRS.

Or a 15% federal sale tax and abolish the IRS tax code completely and the IRS. There would be no need for them. This would be the fairest way to tax and everyone would be contributing to the pot.

Along with this a vote by the people to mandate a balanced federal budget so they can not borrow.

I beleive this would solve many problems and get ride of a lot of lobbist and corruption in washington.

What do you think?
voter

Fort White, FL

#6 Jan 21, 2012
Is there anyone who would like to draft this petition at the Federal level to get the ball rolling to get this on the Nov ballot so we can vote the same time we elect a new President?

I bet we can get enough signatures to make it happen if the Politician will listen and abide by the wishes of the people like they are suppose too.

Same for the state, a petition do abolish property taxes and do a state wide 15% sales tax to replace the county property tax.
Nothing But The Truth

Alachua, FL

#7 Jan 7, 2014
voter wrote:
Is there anyone who would like to draft this petition at the Federal level to get the ball rolling to get this on the Nov ballot so we can vote the same time we elect a new President?
I bet we can get enough signatures to make it happen if the Politician will listen and abide by the wishes of the people like they are suppose too.
Same for the state, a petition do abolish property taxes and do a state wide 15% sales tax to replace the county property tax.
I wish I knew how to do this. The property owners are having to pay for the have nots and I'm all for abolishing property taxes and going for a higher sales tax
taxpayer

Fort White, FL

#8 Jul 3, 2014
Why would you pay the gov more than the lord asks for
voter wrote:
At a state level the Gov. and the State Reps could push it thru. I beleive if enough voters signed a petition to get it on the ballot would be another way.
At the federal level maybe 15% since that what most of the rich pay on capital gains and that seems to be how they get their income. Romney say he pays 15% so why should others pay more. Same as many others who are amoung the so called 1%. I wonder if enough people signed a petition to get a public vote on 15% federal income tax with no exemptions and it be filed on a post card would work? Then there would ne no need for the IRS.
Or a 15% federal sale tax and abolish the IRS tax code completely and the IRS. There would be no need for them. This would be the fairest way to tax and everyone would be contributing to the pot.
Along with this a vote by the people to mandate a balanced federal budget so they can not borrow.
I beleive this would solve many problems and get ride of a lot of lobbist and corruption in washington.
What do you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Mar 21 zazz 98,366
My true love Mar 20 Brock Harvhesther 1
Review: MDS Logging LLC (Nov '15) Mar 9 EVERYBODY 6
Luther t Guyton Feb '17 Fisherman 1
Steven Gentry Jan '17 Tree lover 1
Pizza for all Nov '16 Zarrillojoseph 1
Anyone have any news/gossip/thoughts about Fort... (Sep '16) Oct '16 riverbug199 2

Bell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bell Mortgages