San Pedro hopes to woo thousands of c...

San Pedro hopes to woo thousands of cruise ship passengers

There are 8 comments on the Press-Telegram story from May 6, 2013, titled San Pedro hopes to woo thousands of cruise ship passengers. In it, Press-Telegram reports that:

Long overshadowed by its bigger - and better promoted - neighbor across the harbor, San Pedro often is frustrated when it comes to drawing cruise ship passengers into the town to spend some money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Telegram.

batman

United States

#1 May 7, 2013
What happens when an unusually high number of cruise ship tourists meet with an unusually high number of convicts occupying the area thanks to Gov Brown's convict early release program?
Stay tuned!
The Mad Man

Riverside, CA

#2 May 7, 2013
Why not have the convicts take a cruise? They already got a free pass from prison. A cruise is just in order...!
Or they can hang out hand see who they can rob. I am sure the pickings will be good.
3 strikes law...really?
STFU

Los Angeles, CA

#3 May 7, 2013
The Mad Man wrote:
Why not have the convicts take a cruise? They already got a free pass from prison. A cruise is just in order...!
Or they can hang out hand see who they can rob. I am sure the pickings will be good.
3 strikes law...really?
Sweeeeeeeet! Finally more victims!

Baldwin Park, CA

#4 May 7, 2013
Um, you know the courts demanded early release right? I saw an interview with the current governor a few years ago and he wanted to build MORE prisons if I remember correctly.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#5 May 7, 2013
According to latest Government "figures", more African "youth" are in prison than on cruise ships. Isn't it time these little fellows be given a hand up while saving hard earned taxpayer $Dollars at the same time? It would cost far less for taxpayers to send fun-loving youthful Africans on round-the-world cruises than to incarcerate them in expensive taxpayer funded prisons.

Ronald
SP Joe

United States

#6 May 7, 2013
Somebody got shot in Speedro....
question

Los Angeles, CA

#7 May 7, 2013
So is it the city jail, county, or federal prisons that drop off ex-cons in San Pedro?
How does that all work, exactly. Anybody know the drill?

Baldwin Park, CA

#8 May 8, 2013
Is San Pedro a decent place to rent? What are the good parts and what are the crappy parts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr agree 20,506
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Chosen Traveler 32,333
Utility workers find signs children lived in se... 5 hr Wayne 1
News San Pedro drive-by shooting appears to be gang-... (May '09) 5 hr no sports fan 209
Trump 9 hr Vote Right 2
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 11 hr Robert 3,183
News Calif. will keep private prisons even as US cut... 16 hr Joseph Santacruz 1

Bell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bell Mortgages