Middle School In La Mirada Evacuated

Jun 5, 2007 Read more: CBS 2 - KCAL 9 74
A "suspicious package" prompted the evacuation Tuesday of a middle school in La Mirada, and a bomb squad was sent to investigate, authorities said.The explosives experts were sent to Los Coyotes Middle School, ... Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Brianna

Palmdale, CA

#1 Jun 5, 2007
I am currently one of the students at Los Coyotes Middle School and I was there when this happened. During first period, our principal came onto the intercom and told us we were under lock down. About 30 minutes later, one of the faculty members at the school opened the door of our class room and told us to go to the field. So we all walked outside but the policemen told us to run. About another 30 minutes later, we saw about eight buses on the way to our school. We were told to get on one of those buses. We were evacuating to La Mirada High School where we could wait safely while the Bomb Squad checked it out.
The teachers did a very good job keeping us under control. It was a very scary day!
Tasha

Palmdale, CA

#2 Jun 5, 2007
I was there when it happened. It was very scary. I thought we were all going to die!
Tasha

Palmdale, CA

#3 Jun 5, 2007
post a coment if you were there too!
Tasha

Palmdale, CA

#4 Jun 5, 2007
I got scared when this happen because cops were also there too
Katie

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jun 6, 2007
I go to LCMS, I was also scared . In first period, we were evacuated out of our classroom and had to go out and behind our classroom to the field. We had to be transported to the LMHS.
It was a day filled with alot of fear.
LM DAD

Pleasanton, CA

#6 Jun 7, 2007
So now that you know it was a just a prop that was used in a presentation, don't you feel that the teacher that had knowledge of a box with the word "bomb" on it should be held accountable as well? Why was that box not destroyed after the presentation?
Melissa

Norwalk, CA

#7 Jun 7, 2007
OMG!!! i was there too... it stoped beau from asking me out!

stupid fake bomb.

antonio arostegi and bobby were the dumb peoples tha did that!!!
Melissa

Norwalk, CA

#8 Jun 7, 2007
oops
amanda

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jun 8, 2007
omg i go to that school.....in 1st period we got an announcment that we were in a lockdown then everyone had to go to the field hindreds of kids were on the field and we all had to go on busses and go to la mirada high..... and the kids who did it was in my math class they dont seem like kids that would do something like that
amanda

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jun 8, 2007
wow i made alot of typos......id like to make a shoutout to brianna and melissa....jk
amanda

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Jun 8, 2007
brianna u sound do smart in ur comment
Antonio

Whittier, CA

#12 Jun 9, 2007
Melissa wrote:
OMG!!! i was there too... it stoped beau from asking me out!
stupid fake bomb.
antonio arostegi and bobby were the dumb peoples tha did that!!!
I only stepped on it and kicked it. It said "cuban terrorist bomb" not just bomb on it and it insults my heritage as I am Cuban. I did not take it outta of the classroom! You should do your research before you post comments with peoples names on them.
LM student

Whittier, CA

#13 Jun 9, 2007
In this day and age, why would you make a fake bomb as a class project!?!?! Craaaazy!! I'm in high school and I wonder why the principal wasnt aware of what her teachers are up to? They should both be held accountable!
lm parent

South Pasadena, CA

#14 Jun 9, 2007
OH PLEASE! DO YOU REALLY THINK THE PRINCIPALS IN LAMIRADA REALLY CARE LET ALONE ARE AWARE OF WHAT THE TEACHERS ARE REALLY TEACHING.
LM DAD

Pleasanton, CA

#15 Jun 12, 2007
My son accidently forgot about a toy gun in his backpack. He did not know he left it there from a weekend trip. He was suspended for 5 days and then kicked out of school with only 25 school days left, his 8th grade year. So no heritage trip, no disneyland trip, no graduating with friends. No one even saw the toy gun. These 4 kids do something that evacuates an entire school and they get suspended for 2 days. And then after the suspension the district reverses their suspensions and nothing will be on their records.
LCMS student

Whittier, CA

#16 Jun 13, 2007
LM DAD wrote:
My son accidently forgot about a toy gun in his backpack. He did not know he left it there from a weekend trip. He was suspended for 5 days and then kicked out of school with only 25 school days left, his 8th grade year. So no heritage trip, no disneyland trip, no graduating with friends. No one even saw the toy gun. These 4 kids do something that evacuates an entire school and they get suspended for 2 days. And then after the suspension the district reverses their suspensions and nothing will be on their records.
Why would he carry a backpack on a weekend trip and put a gun in it?? And if no one saw it, how could he have gotten in trouble for it? You're story doesnt make sense and it sounds like your hoping by comparing it to the evacuation, you can get some of the heat off of your kid. Remember, a teacher actually made the fake bomb but I dont think a teacher placed a toy gun in your kids back back!
teacher

Long Beach, CA

#17 Jun 16, 2007
If they had just asked they would have been told it was a crude prop to a school play. It was even labled "BOMB" so the audience could tell.
concerned

Norwalk, CA

#18 Jun 19, 2007
At least it was not a real bomb. Teachers are the front runners in these situations and to think they have to add this to list of millions things todo. One thing we can conclude, is that school is well prepared to handle this type of situation. Instead of anyone complaining, why not check with your child's school to see if they have an emergency plan in place. If you can be of any assistance, offer that too.
LCMS STUDENT

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jun 20, 2007
I wasnt actually there. I was in DC at the Union Station eating lunch when my friends and I got word of the evacuation. My grandmother works at LM High, and she and her friends were discussing the fact, and one of the administrators said that the person who discovered the bomb overreacted. he said he would have just thrown it away.
LCMS STUDENT

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Jun 20, 2007
Do you see how careless people could be?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Undocumented Immigrant Not A Criminal,' Califo... 2 hr tomin cali 1
a review of premier healthcare services and wha... 3 hr sarah spector cpa 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Akingu 19,830
News El Monte street gang is one the area's largest,... (May '09) 6 hr La Looney DE EM H... 265
News Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) 9 hr Redinca 270
What has 7 children, no father and no lottery t... (Apr '12) 10 hr LLL 4
Debate: Drinking Age - Los Angeles, CA (Dec '11) 10 hr LLL 27

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at April 18 at 5:58AM PDT

More from around the web

Bell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]