Montebello officials, parents argue o...

Montebello officials, parents argue over field

Posted in the Bell Forum

Confused

Moreno Valley, CA

#1 Jan 31, 2014
Long Beach Observer

Alhambra, CA

#2 Feb 1, 2014
Confused wrote:
http://www.Wwhittierdailynews. com/lifestyle/20140130/montebe llo-officials-parents-argue-ab out-new-baseball-field-followi ng-grant-rea-park-field-closur e
What am I missing here??
What is there to be confused about? The field was built without any thought of whether it was legal to do so, and modern accessibility requirements, and basic construction standards were ignored. Welcome to Montebello.
Grandfather it

Reseda, CA

#3 Feb 1, 2014
Or is a historical field?
Play Ball
BTW Bill Molinari supported a proposal for new fields where there used to be fields behind Whittier Narrows Dam near the Adobe
What happened to that great proposal?
Concerned Bystander

Alhambra, CA

#4 Feb 2, 2014
Grandfather it wrote:
Or is a historical field?
Play Ball
BTW Bill Molinari supported a proposal for new fields where there used to be fields behind Whittier Narrows Dam near the Adobe
What happened to that great proposal?
The Great Gloria Molina BARELY got the Army Corps of Engineers to agree to the Bosque del Rio, after years of intense negotiation, which is only in an overflow water storage area (50 year flood). The area where Mr. Molinari wants to have a park (I am not aware of anyone proposing any playing fields) is in the Primary Water Replensihment Area, which fills up virtually every time it rains (remember rain?).

The Army Corps is not enthused about the idea, which only included a flat grassy area, possibly for soccer..
Wonder why

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Feb 2, 2014
Concerned Bystander wrote:
<quoted text>The Great Gloria Molina BARELY got the Army Corps of Engineers to agree to the Bosque del Rio, after years of intense negotiation, which is only in an overflow water storage area (50 year flood). The area where Mr. Molinari wants to have a park (I am not aware of anyone proposing any playing fields) is in the Primary Water Replensihment Area, which fills up virtually every time it rains (remember rain?).
The Army Corps is not enthused about the idea, which only included a flat grassy area, possibly for soccer..
The city's proposal for the park/fields (grant request) was submitted to the Rivers and Mountains Conservancy but that agency didn't rank it high enough for funds to be awarded at this time (Many other entities also submitted requests, some were ranked higher than Montebello's). The city is looking for other grant possibilities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 min Grammar spelling ... 20,641
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Bruin For Life 32,407
HOW TO WIN YOUR EX BACK AFTER BREAKUP OR DIVORC... 12 hr Helen 1
white trash 12 hr smh 1
Now Barajas thinks he's king of Montebello 17 hr cit pat 2
Black Girl Punches Elderly Hispanic Lady Today ... (Jul '11) 19 hr blm brother 11
News Small, financially troubled Maywood hires engin... Sep 12 Corruption 1

Bell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bell Mortgages