Man killed in car-to-car shooting

There are 47 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Oct 13, 2008, titled Man killed in car-to-car shooting. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

A man was shot and killed Sunday in what officials believe was a car-to-car shooting in a residential neighborhood, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LURCH I LUV U BABE

Carthage, MO

#44 Nov 10, 2008
man big bear just to let u know he was neither.... you did read wrong ur reading messages from people who didnt know my love. baby i love you and miss u
man bear pig

Downey, CA

#45 Nov 10, 2008
LURCH I LUV U BABE wrote:
man big bear just to let u know he was neither.... you did read wrong ur reading messages from people who didnt know my love. baby i love you and miss u
So Lurch is just a pet name? Too bad he was either mistaken for a gang member or pissed off the wrong guys. I piss people off sometimes and am lucky no one's shot me-yet!
Ria Garcia

Whittier, CA

#46 Nov 11, 2008
The man believed to have shot our dear friend Richard "Lurch" Chavez is in custody. It's in the Whittier Daily News dated 11/7/08. Go ahead and read the 8th paragraph that clarifies Lurch is not a gang member and is not even in the state's database of gangmembers. Even if he was a gangmember, he was doing something right to stay out of the system of being labeled as a gangmember. He was handsome and SMART.
LURCH I LUV U BABE

Carthage, MO

#47 Nov 12, 2008
este wrote:
i was there the guy that got shot was their for a long time they took at least 20 minutes to take him to a hospital that is just 2 to 3 miles away
please e-mail me if you were their when they shot my love Richard i have questions and i just wanted to see if you could help me come to closer! thank you my e-mail is :
trisha.strom@leggett.com
The Truth

Los Angeles, CA

#48 Nov 12, 2008
Ria Garcia wrote:
He was handsome and SMART.
Probably more handsome than smart. Look at the outcome. Smart people stay away from trouble. Learn.
friend

Upland, CA

#50 Nov 16, 2008
it was not that he was handsome more then smart!
the area where he was killed is a quite part of town and the guy that killed him was just up to no good or was high on drugs! he could of been in a gated community and this could of happen! so when you say smart people stay away from trouble just shut up!!! i bet you never been to whittier HUH! like all cities they have there nice area and bad ones!
alex

Rosemead, CA

#51 Jul 11, 2013
JCB737 wrote:
So What??? Why is this news anymore?
Probably just another dead gang member? What else is new...
That Gang Member was my cousin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Montebello police officer accused of DUI in Walnut 1 hr Ted 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 19,920
News L.A. looking to 2016 to end the Bay Area's lock... 2 hr Le Jimbo 1
News Uncertainty looms for PUSD after voters reject ... (May '10) 8 hr Rupert punch 211
News All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown (Feb '06) 10 hr Johnny 1,710
Paul Solano Del Sol Solutions 10 hr Ned Bedwetter 1
Review: I Health Massage SPA 14 hr Richard Vamber 1
More from around the web

Bell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]