Man killed in car-to-car shooting

A man was shot and killed Sunday in what officials believe was a car-to-car shooting in a residential neighborhood, officials said. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JCB737

Duarte, CA

#1 Oct 13, 2008
So What??? Why is this news anymore?

Probably just another dead gang member? What else is new...
este

West Hills, CA

#2 Oct 13, 2008
i was there the guy that got shot was their for a long time they took at least 20 minutes to take him to a hospital that is just 2 to 3 miles away
Pixel_Cutter

Whittier, CA

#3 Oct 13, 2008
Now the P.O.S. that survived the 1930's type shoot out now faces life in prison when they find him. Didn't make his life any better....if you call that living.
THE REAPER

Torrance, CA

#4 Oct 14, 2008
Let me rephrase the headline "Man killed in a gangbanger to gangbanger shooting" low life scums of the earth..........oh! who cares about the innocent bystanders in the neighborhood lets have a shoot out and who cares who gets hit. lucky no one did this time you scum. you all will be gnashing your teeth as you burn in the river Styx.
awsomechick

Victorville, CA

#5 Oct 16, 2008
JCB737 wrote:
So What??? Why is this news anymore?
Probably just another dead gang member? What else is new...
screw u....he has family members.....how would ur mom feel if u got shot & died
awsomechick

Victorville, CA

#6 Oct 16, 2008
THE REAPER wrote:
Let me rephrase the headline "Man killed in a gangbanger to gangbanger shooting" low life scums of the earth..........oh! who cares about the innocent bystanders in the neighborhood lets have a shoot out and who cares who gets hit. lucky no one did this time you scum. you all will be gnashing your teeth as you burn in the river Styx.
ur scum dont talk about people like that think about how his mom and kids feel.....maybe it would be nice if it happen to u....u seem like a a**hole
awsomechick

Victorville, CA

#7 Oct 16, 2008
este wrote:
i was there the guy that got shot was their for a long time they took at least 20 minutes to take him to a hospital that is just 2 to 3 miles away
that sucks that police and ambulance's take that long....it doesnt matter what neighbor hood it's in some one is dying they should get there in 5 minutes not 20
awsomechick

Victorville, CA

#8 Oct 16, 2008
i feel for the family and friends of this man....you are in a better place now...RIP
David L Calvillo

United States

#9 Oct 16, 2008
THE REAPER wrote:
HOW DARE YOU!!! I WOULD NEVER WISH ANYTHING LIKE THIS ON ANY MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY, BUT THIS IS A MEMBER OF MINE. HIS NAME IS RICHARD, JUST SO YOU KNOW. HE IS MY COUSIN. THE HAS PRACTICLY LIVED ON HIS OWN SINCE HE WAS 14 YEARS OLD. THE STREET HE DIED ON WAS THE LAST ADDRESS HE KNEW AS HOME. MAYBE HE WAS ON HIS WAY THERE AS SOME SORT IF INSTINCT. MY FAMILY HASN'T LIVED THERE IN YEARS, BUT IF YOU'RE SHOT IN THE CHEST AND THINGS ARE HAPPENING AROUND YOU THAT YOU CAN'T CONTROL MAYBE YOUR MIND TAKES YOU TO A PLACE YOU KNOW IS SAFE... DO YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS LIKE FOR MY FAMLY? I BET YOU DON'T. I BET YOU COULDN'T IMAGNE WHAT THIS WOULD BE LIKE IF IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO SOMEONE YOU LOVE.
AND FOR YOU TO JUDGE SO EASILY, AT TOSS THIS ASIDE LIKE THINGS LIKE LIKE DON'T EFFECT OTHER MEMBERS OF A PERSON'S FAMILY IS JUST SAD. I FEEL BAD FOR YOU. I'M SAD THAT YOUR LIFE HAS BECOME SO JADDED AND DISCONECTTED FROM THE HUMAN EMOTIONS FOR OTHERS THAN YOURSLF. I WOULD SAY SHAME ON YOU, BUT THE SADNESS I FEEL FOR YOU WON'T LET ME. I HOPE god IS MERCIFUL ON YOUR SOUL FOR FEELING SO MUCH STRONG DISLIKE FOR YOUR FELLOW HUMANBEINGS...
friend

San Dimas, CA

#10 Oct 16, 2008
how sad that you could say something about someone you don't even know!

he was a respect young man and never disrespect anyone he will be missed dearly! may you rest in peace. love you
David L Calvillo

United States

#11 Oct 16, 2008
friend wrote:
how sad that you could say something about someone you don't even know!
he was a respect young man and never disrespect anyone he will be missed dearly! may you rest in peace. love you
WHO ARE YOU? YOU KNOW MY COUSIN??? PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTANSD...
YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT VEGASDAVID918@GMAIL.COM
David L Calvillo

United States

#12 Oct 16, 2008
awsomechick wrote:
i feel for the family and friends of this man....you are in a better place now...RIP
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPOT DURING A TIME AS HEART WRENCHING AS THIS. RICHARD WAS A GREAT KID THAT FELL THROUGH THE CRACKS OF THE SYSTEM BY NO CHOICE OF HIS OWN. BE DID WHAT HE THOUGHT WOULD BETTER HIS LIFE AND SOMETIMES THOSE DECISIONS ARE ONES THAT CAN'T BE TAKEN BACK... THANK YOU AGAIN
OMG

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Oct 16, 2008
David L Calvillo wrote:
<quoted text>
RICHARD WAS A GREAT KID THAT FELL THROUGH THE CRACKS OF THE SYSTEM BY NO CHOICE OF HIS OWN. BE DID WHAT HE THOUGHT WOULD BETTER HIS LIFE AND SOMETIMES THOSE DECISIONS ARE ONES THAT CAN'T BE TAKEN BACK...
It's sad that you were not able to intervene in this kid's life. But it also sounds like his death was a foreseeable consequence of living a dangerous life. I wish others would learn from this ... but that doesn't seem to work for people who are living the crazy life. So sad.
christina murillo

AOL

#14 Oct 16, 2008
How can u talk to bad about Richard this guy was so GOOD GUY THOUGH LIVE A HARD LIFE WAS HERE AT MY HOUSE ABOUT WEEK AGO TO SEE HIS LITTLE COUSIN . THIS MAN WAS A CRAING GUY HE WOULD DO ANTHING FOR ANYONE .. THOUGH HE TRY TO MAKE THE BEST OF HIF LIFE ..WHO GAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE THAT AWAY RICHARD WE WILL MISS U AND UR COUSIN WELL MIS U SO MUCH LOVE U ALWAYS BE IN ARE HEARTS. SO THAT PERSONT TALKING SHIT GOOD LUCK HOPE U NEVER HAVE TO GO THROW WHAT THIS FAMAILY IS GOING THROW .. LOVE ALWAYS CHRISTINA
christina murillo

AOL

#15 Oct 16, 2008
HEY DAVID CONTACT ME AT gina14usean@aol.com
David L Calvillo wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW DARE YOU!!! I WOULD NEVER WISH ANYTHING LIKE THIS ON ANY MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY, BUT THIS IS A MEMBER OF MINE. HIS NAME IS RICHARD, JUST SO YOU KNOW. HE IS MY COUSIN. THE HAS PRACTICLY LIVED ON HIS OWN SINCE HE WAS 14 YEARS OLD. THE STREET HE DIED ON WAS THE LAST ADDRESS HE KNEW AS HOME. MAYBE HE WAS ON HIS WAY THERE AS SOME SORT IF INSTINCT. MY FAMILY HASN'T LIVED THERE IN YEARS, BUT IF YOU'RE SHOT IN THE CHEST AND THINGS ARE HAPPENING AROUND YOU THAT YOU CAN'T CONTROL MAYBE YOUR MIND TAKES YOU TO A PLACE YOU KNOW IS SAFE... DO YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS LIKE FOR MY FAMLY? I BET YOU DON'T. I BET YOU COULDN'T IMAGNE WHAT THIS WOULD BE LIKE IF IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO SOMEONE YOU LOVE.
AND FOR YOU TO JUDGE SO EASILY, AT TOSS THIS ASIDE LIKE THINGS LIKE LIKE DON'T EFFECT OTHER MEMBERS OF A PERSON'S FAMILY IS JUST SAD. I FEEL BAD FOR YOU. I'M SAD THAT YOUR LIFE HAS BECOME SO JADDED AND DISCONECTTED FROM THE HUMAN EMOTIONS FOR OTHERS THAN YOURSLF. I WOULD SAY SHAME ON YOU, BUT THE SADNESS I FEEL FOR YOU WON'T LET ME. I HOPE god IS MERCIFUL ON YOUR SOUL FOR FEELING SO MUCH STRONG DISLIKE FOR YOUR FELLOW HUMANBEINGS...
wow

Whittier, CA

#16 Oct 16, 2008
I guess that shut all you fools up.
MIZ BARRERAS69

Yucaipa, CA

#17 Oct 16, 2008
MY NAME IS ROSA & I LIVE IN BLYTHE,CA & I KNEW RICHARD {a.k.a LURCH? RIGHT} I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S GONE MY GOD HE WAS ONE OF THE COOLEST RESPECTFUL GUYS I KNEW & FOR PEOPLE TO JUST SIT THERE & STEREO TYPE A PERSON BY THE WAY HE DIED IS JUST WRONG SOMETHING LIKE THIS COULD HAPPEN TO SOMEONE IN THAT PERSONS FAMILY YOU JUST NEVER KNOW WE CAN'T CHOOSE HOW WE'RE GONNA DIE UNLESS YOU TAKE YOUR OWN LIFE OTHER THAN THAT WE HAVE NO CONTROL & I KNOW "BIG RICH" WAS READY TO GO HE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED R.I.P RICH {my e-mail address is mizbarreras69@yahoo.com} IF RICHARDS COUSIN JUST NEEDS SOMEONE TO LISTEN
samantha CURIEL

Yucaipa, CA

#18 Oct 17, 2008
richard was one of my close friends from blythe cali, he was a good man.
you always looked out for me like my big brother lurch
i love you for that and you will be missed
REST IN PARADISE MY FRIEND SEE YOU AGAIN BROTHER
-SAMANTHA CURIEL
RIP BIG RICH

Santa Ana, CA

#19 Oct 17, 2008
FROM NAT
Bobbie Girl

Azusa, CA

#20 Oct 20, 2008
Richard was the best, most of you who knew him know me. He was my first love and ex fiencee, things didn't work out so well for us but God I wished nothing but the best for that guy; He had a smile that could light up the darkest of days. You will always be in my heart. Rest in Paradise Richard Chavez, my "Chamooko" To all you talking S*** I prey you never have to loose a loved one, cause NO one is gonna take pitty on you. KARMA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 min PEE PEE PETE 27,576
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr WARRIOR 19,282
Juan P. Garcia-Machado, Illegal Immigrant and S... (Aug '11) 10 hr Lanalei Uman 110
Sunset Blvd. Closed After Sinkhole Forms Near P... 10 hr hsktommox 1
Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) 12 hr Simplesyllogism 248
Valley Light Industries facing challenges (Feb '09) 13 hr Fed Up 555
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 14 hr RiccardoFire 16,008

Fire Weather Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at September 29 at 11:12PM PDT

Bell News Video

Bell Jobs

Bell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bell News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bell

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]