Belfry wants land for satellite fire ...

Belfry wants land for satellite fire station in S. Williamson

There are 5 comments on the Williamson Daily News Online story from Aug 24, 2012, titled Belfry wants land for satellite fire station in S. Williamson. In it, Williamson Daily News Online reports that:

The Belfry Volunteer Fire Department hopes to open a satellite station on this property.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Williamson Daily News Online.

Anonymous

Man, WV

#1 Aug 26, 2012
and
Eyewittness

Logan, WV

#2 Sep 6, 2012
What they need is a crew of mature firefighters. I was held up in traffic today when the log truck overturned and all there was present was a bunch of kids jumping around goofing of and the firefighters who probably didn't get all excited because they get to put a siren in their vehicles were silly looking in their fire gear for a non threatening accident. If a cat was in a tree would they all respond with their sirens blaring dressed in full fire gear? Come on guys your a joke. I know your volunteers and I can appreciate that but grow up.
Captain Obvious

United States

#3 Sep 25, 2012
Eyewittness wrote:
What they need is a crew of mature firefighters. I was held up in traffic today when the log truck overturned and all there was present was a bunch of kids jumping around goofing of and the firefighters who probably didn't get all excited because they get to put a siren in their vehicles were silly looking in their fire gear for a non threatening accident. If a cat was in a tree would they all respond with their sirens blaring dressed in full fire gear? Come on guys your a joke. I know your volunteers and I can appreciate that but grow up.
They couldn't put out a fire if it were under water.As a matter of fact they are the only dept I know of that managaged to let a concrete inground pool full of water burn. What good would it do for them to be closer oyher than the fact they could watch it burn and play fireman longer.
Moonpie

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 1, 2012
Its easy to be critical of a volunteer fire department; but what would Eyewitness and Captain Obvious do to correct the problem?
Captain Obvious

Winchester, KY

#5 Oct 1, 2012
Moonpie wrote:
Its easy to be critical of a volunteer fire department; but what would Eyewitness and Captain Obvious do to correct the problem?
Quit allowing piromaniac children and retards to pretend to be firemen.And put their "training" to use to put a fire out every now and then.Why do 20 alleged firemen show up for a simple fender bender and 5 guys in an empty truck show up for a fire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belfry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do you think about Robert Ferris (RADAR) (Mar '10) 10 hr Secrets 50
#bbn (Apr '15) 19 hr Jealous 2
lonney's body shop (Apr '16) 19 hr Driving blown away 6
nancy lockard--her b/f chris (Jun '09) 19 hr Sad 343
Parents truth is this 19 hr Sad 5
Coach Randall Bentley 1983 84 school yr 19 hr Wow 3
southside elementary (Dec '09) 19 hr Bus 34

Belfry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance