Pike officials seek re-election

Jun 28, 2012 Full story: Williamson Daily News Online 46

Four names that have been synonymous with government in Pike County will be back on the ballot in the May election.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Contender

Phelps, KY

#1 Jun 28, 2012
old article but yea I see everyone of them on the ballot in 2014 but I will say this a few if not all of them are in for a rude awakening, The people of pike county deserve more than partisan politics, and empty bank accounts, I think its time some new faces grace the court house. Who knows I might even make a run.
Yeah Right

Stanton, KY

#2 Jun 28, 2012
Do you really think these duma$$es have enough sense to vote these idiots out? LOL I wouldn't hold my breath on that one!

“Help me, Jeeebussss!!!”

Since: Mar 09

BumFuck-Egypt KY

#3 Jul 15, 2012
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm voting against every single official currently in office and I will continue to do so until something improves regardless of what party they are affiliated with... The "good ole boy system" that we have going on here in Pike Co is literally strangling all of us to death. The currently leadership in this county is controlled by the "Old Money" families in this county. They don't want anything new to come into this area. They are content to have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING here so they stay in control of the area while they leave town every weekend or whenever they decide they want to live a little. The people who are left here can fend for themselves as far as they are concerned. I'm tired of driving for 2 to 3 hours to take my family shopping somewhere other than WalMart. The gap between the upper class and the middle class in this county (this whole end of the state for that matter!) just keeps getting wider and wider.
awake

Harold, KY

#4 Jul 15, 2012
Change doesn't happen on it's own,and people around here are either to lazy or to self absorbed to find time to make change happen. so looks like things will continue on the same path it has traveled for many years to come. If you think you can vote in someone new then your done until the next election don't expect anything other than what you already have.
Citizeng

Pikeville, KY

#5 Jul 15, 2012
yeah I agree with you AWAKE thats the reason we have slipped so far down hill when you have a 20% voter turnout things will continue to be the way that they are but as to the other 80% don't bitch when the government takes total control.
truth_seeker

Stanton, KY

#6 Jul 15, 2012
City of Pikeville is run by thugs and supports thugs. I've seen criminals walk in court and get off with a hand slap. The Kentucky State Police are abusive! Not all Kentucky State Cops, I've met several who are great for the community! The Legal is no good and run by thugs! A lot of abuse comes out of Keith Halls office then goes into court. I am scared for my safety because of the legal system is suppose to protect but they do a lot of harm! Changes needs to be made but there won't be any changes made!

Also for the authorities looking at this. Free Speech! I know my rights! They abuse people because people don't know their rights and what is sad is, they don't even know the rights of the people! They can do what they want and nothing is said. A cop can say you threatened him and he can put you in jail for at least over night. Thugs and we need change in Pike County! Won't happen! We need a good protest!
Chit Stain

Elkhorn City, KY

#7 Jul 15, 2012
Yep ! piss on the fire call the dogs in early and go home . No different than any other we stay pretty much fu#ked .
real man

United States

#8 Jul 22, 2012
Dutch Hurley for mayor
Tracker

Martin, KY

#9 Sep 6, 2012
All of these people need to retire
Agreed

Pikeville, KY

#10 Sep 6, 2012
Smokezilla wrote:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm voting against every single official currently in office and I will continue to do so until something improves regardless of what party they are affiliated with... The "good ole boy system" that we have going on here in Pike Co is literally strangling all of us to death. The currently leadership in this county is controlled by the "Old Money" families in this county. They don't want anything new to come into this area. They are content to have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING here so they stay in control of the area while they leave town every weekend or whenever they decide they want to live a little. The people who are left here can fend for themselves as far as they are concerned. I'm tired of driving for 2 to 3 hours to take my family shopping somewhere other than WalMart. The gap between the upper class and the middle class in this county (this whole end of the state for that matter!) just keeps getting wider and wider.
It's sad when A movie and Wal*Mart is considered top ranking activities in Pike County. I know West Va. has a sports complex that has several activities in one complex including Ice Skating, Game Room, Diner, and Movie Night. Next door to that complex is a Bowling Alley, all conveniently located in the same shopping center, not to mention countless Dept. Stores. I know the YMCA has a range of things to do but is sorta "out of the way" not main stream I guess. I do believe if we get fresh, energetic minds and bodies into office we will see a change for the better.
InformedVoter

Harold, KY

#11 Sep 7, 2012
The things of which you speaketh, come about by someone in the private sector, venturing some hard earned capital and going out on a limb to open up a Game Room, Theater, Bowling Alley, etc. And this entrepreneur will have to have some wealth, some vision and some smarts. He or she can't be someone who doesn't have these three assets. Therefore they may be..........RICH!(yes, I said the dirty word.....rich.)

They are more than likely..........yes, here I go again) a REPUBLICAN.

The fact is WE NEED THE RICH AND WE NEED REPUBLICANS WHO ARE RICH!! Your out of work neighbor ain't gonna put in a business now is he? And who is gonna hire that neighbor? Probably a rich dude.

You too, should be helping a rich guy. It might help your neighbor in the long run and it might even help YOU.
Wake up

United States

#12 Sep 7, 2012
Question is, are the voters of pike county really gonna make a change? Are they serious...if so there is alot of work to be done to support the people who should run for these positions. Most qualified people are too scared to run or don't have the funding. So ask your self if your committed to make a change and if the Answer is yes then do something about it because the ones in power are working everyday to stay in power.
MaybeMaybenot

Pikeville, KY

#13 Sep 7, 2012
I'd run for magistrate in DIstrict 1 if all else went good given the thought I could carry the vote in District 1
Go Big Blue

San Jose, CA

#14 Sep 7, 2012
InformedVoter wrote:
The things of which you speaketh, come about by someone in the private sector, venturing some hard earned capital and going out on a limb to open up a Game Room, Theater, Bowling Alley, etc. And this entrepreneur will have to have some wealth, some vision and some smarts. He or she can't be someone who doesn't have these three assets. Therefore they may be..........RICH!(yes, I said the dirty word.....rich.)
They are more than likely..........yes, here I go again) a REPUBLICAN.
The fact is WE NEED THE RICH AND WE NEED REPUBLICANS WHO ARE RICH!! Your out of work neighbor ain't gonna put in a business now is he? And who is gonna hire that neighbor? Probably a rich dude.
You too, should be helping a rich guy. It might help your neighbor in the long run and it might even help YOU.
"Speaketh" bwahahahaah! I love when people try to sound smart.
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#15 Sep 7, 2012
InformedVoter wrote:
The things of which you speaketh, come about by someone in the private sector, venturing some hard earned capital and going out on a limb to open up a Game Room, Theater, Bowling Alley, etc. And this entrepreneur will have to have some wealth, some vision and some smarts. He or she can't be someone who doesn't have these three assets. Therefore they may be..........RICH!(yes, I said the dirty word.....rich.)
They are more than likely..........yes, here I go again) a REPUBLICAN.
The fact is WE NEED THE RICH AND WE NEED REPUBLICANS WHO ARE RICH!! Your out of work neighbor ain't gonna put in a business now is he? And who is gonna hire that neighbor? Probably a rich dude.
You too, should be helping a rich guy. It might help your neighbor in the long run and it might even help YOU.
Wow! Congrats on the best contortionist act thus far.. taking a thread about re-election of Pike Officials and turning it into a voting frenzy all about republicans. Really? are you that desperate to get votes that you are willing to make a complete A$$ of yourself?
understand

Williamson, WV

#16 Sep 8, 2012
InformedVoter wrote:
The things of which you speaketh, come about by someone in the private sector, venturing some hard earned capital and going out on a limb to open up a Game Room, Theater, Bowling Alley, etc. And this entrepreneur will have to have some wealth, some vision and some smarts. He or she can't be someone who doesn't have these three assets. Therefore they may be..........RICH!(yes, I said the dirty word.....rich.)
They are more than likely..........yes, here I go again) a REPUBLICAN.
The fact is WE NEED THE RICH AND WE NEED REPUBLICANS WHO ARE RICH!! Your out of work neighbor ain't gonna put in a business now is he? And who is gonna hire that neighbor? Probably a rich dude.
You too, should be helping a rich guy. It might help your neighbor in the long run and it might even help YOU.
You are exactly right, but there are rich Democrats that can help too. But I am voting Romney because my pary don't have enough sense to understand what you say is correct. The old saying "I never had a poor person hire me" is so true. We can't demonize the rich and expect progress. Lincoln said you can not build up the poor by tearing down (tax them to death) the rich.
observer

Phelps, KY

#17 Sep 8, 2012
There are two Magistrates and one State Representative I will work hard for if they decide to put up with the people around them that are corrupt to the bone or so damn stupid they will help the corrupt ones.

Keith Hall has been an ebaarrassement to us all, and the Fiscal Court, with the exception of Harris and Anderson, are in Little frankie's pocket and will lick his feet if he tells them to.

It's a shame we have all those politicians who are out for themselves, like Keith Hall, and we only prosper if we work directly for them.

State Representative Leslie Combs

Magistrate Jeff Anderson

Magistrate Chris Harris

Thank you more than you will ever know. You three are the ones standing up for the people who live and work in Eastern Kentucky.

We send our children to school where corruption has been rampant for decades. We see our money spent on projects that only State Representative Keith Hall is allowed to make a profit from, and that's at the expense of HONEST contractors that he unethically throws under the bus to rake in all he can to provide extravagant gifts for his spoiled and arrogant 'women and girls'.
sotrue

Williamson, WV

#18 Sep 8, 2012
understand wrote:
<quoted text>You are exactly right, but there are rich Democrats that can help too. But I am voting Romney because my pary don't have enough sense to understand what you say is correct. The old saying "I never had a poor person hire me" is so true. We can't demonize the rich and expect progress. Lincoln said you can not build up the poor by tearing down (tax them to death) the rich.
Amen
Again

Georgetown, KY

#19 Sep 8, 2012
Yeah, everyone needs to vote for Leo Murphy for re-election..... He's done so much for everyone..... That place looks like a dump!
stopover

Pikeville, KY

#20 Sep 9, 2012
i agree with observer incluling hilman dotson also ,he works with then to,i hear he going to run for jailor,what a joke ,he will have all the prisoner in his office playing card ,like he does over at phelps courthouse and his son going to run majistrate ,trying to keep it in the famly,its time to open your eyes people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belfry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keith Hall's ex wife needs to let it go (Jan '14) 2 hr Curious George 110
new chief and police cruiser Wed fireman 36
Valentines Day Gift Ideas for Husbands (Feb '10) Wed swapnilamanrai 2
Canada Music Thread (May '14) Tue Musikologist 3
Wal-Mart not for christians anymore (Nov '09) Tue Seriously 74
Kimper Music Thread (Dec '13) Tue Musikologist 7
Interracial Nasties in Phelps (Jun '14) Tue AEP ROOKERY 9
Belfry Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Belfry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Belfry News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Belfry

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:45 am PST

NFL11:45AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:22 PM
Gano eager for another chance vs. Falcons - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 4:53 AM
Panthers coach and family replaced gifts for break-in victims
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"