Review: First Choice Automotive

Posted in the Bel Air Forum

customer

Baltimore, MD

#1 Jan 15, 2010
LOOK AT THERE TRUCKS THEY ARE WRECKED EVERY OTHER WEEK. YOU THINK THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR CAR?????
Susan

Bel Air, MD

#2 Feb 16, 2010
This company is great, they actually showed up earlier than I was told to get my vehicle and the driver was so polite to me. Thank you so much for helping me and hopefully I won't need your services again, but if I do I will call your company for sure!
STEVE

Baltimore, MD

#3 Sep 24, 2010
customer wrote:
LOOK AT THERE TRUCKS THEY ARE WRECKED EVERY OTHER WEEK. YOU THINK THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR CAR?????
yeah, look at their trucks, clean, waxed, and moving all day! ANOTHER JEALOUS SO CALLED COMPETITOR
disgruntled

Baltimore, MD

#4 Feb 7, 2011
After I gave them my vehicle to work on, they were pleasant to me but then developed an attitude toward me. The person working on my vehicle was never available to take my call nor would they call me back. At one point, Sue, the owner, told me not to bother them anymore. They did not try to work through the problem with me nor did they care to hear my side of the story. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
dave

United States

#5 Feb 8, 2011
well if you are claiming that "sue" told you not to bother them anymore yesterday. well "disgruntled", that did not happen. sue has not been at fca since 11-17. so you probably the same "jacko" that posts on yahoo. you have some very serious mental stability problems. move on, if you feel the need to keep posting vile negative lies about me, my famliy, and my company then you need a mental health check up. your perception is not everyone else's reality. looking for some type of revenge on the internet is very problematic and unhealty, try yoga
disgruntled wrote:
After I gave them my vehicle to work on, they were pleasant to me but then developed an attitude toward me. The person working on my vehicle was never available to take my call nor would they call me back. At one point, Sue, the owner, told me not to bother them anymore. They did not try to work through the problem with me nor did they care to hear my side of the story. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Frodoe of Fort Monroe

Norfolk, VA

#6 Feb 12, 2011
So how many of you througout the state of Maryland would like to see Fort Pickett near Blackstone, VA become an outlying landing field for the U.S. Navy jets stationed at Fentress Field in Chesapeake, VA and Oceana in Virginia Beach, VA!?
Frodoe of Fort Monroe

Norfolk, VA

#7 Feb 12, 2011
So how many of you throughout the state of Maryland would like to see Fort Pickett near Blackstone, VA become an outlying landing field for the U.S. Navy jets stationed at Fentress Field in Chesapeake, VA and Oceana in Virginia Beach, VA!?
Ford of Fort Pickett

Norfolk, VA

#8 Feb 12, 2011
Frodoe of Fort Monroe wrote:
So how many of you throughout the state of Maryland would like to see Fort Pickett near Blackstone, VA become an outlying landing field for the U.S. Navy jets stationed at Fentress Field in Chesapeake, VA and Oceana in Virginia Beach, VA!?
A Fort Monroe National Park anybody!?
disgruntled

Nottingham, MD

#9 Jun 28, 2011
Let me begin by providing a wonderful and accurate synopsis of the way First Choice Automotive, and Dave, in this case, likes to argue. It is taken from http://www.skepdic.com/adhominem.html

“Attacking a person, rather than the person’s position or argument, is usually easier as well as psychologically more satisfying to those who divide the world into two classes of people—those who agree with them and are therefore good and right, and those who disagree with them and are therefore evil and wrong.
The ad hominem is attractive to lazy thinkers, who would rather ridicule or belittle a person than seriously examine an opposing viewpoint. The ad hominem is also a tactic of the clever manipulator of crowds, the experienced demagogue who knows how to play on the emotions of people and seduce them into transferring their attitude of disapproval for a person to disagreement with that person’s position.”

Dave, you may be correct that Sue has not been at FCA since 11-17 but when did I ever say that I called FCA between 11-17 and Feb. 7, 2011, when I wrote my review?? If you look again, you’ll realize that I didn’t. So, instead of knowing the facts you decide to attack me ad hominem.

I, however, will not stoop to that level but rather just present the very simple fact that the BBB has rated First Choice Automotive with a “D” rating. If my negative review means that I have major mental stability problems, would that also mean BBB’s negative (“D”) rating qualifies them as having major mental stability problems too?? The fact is people are entitled to post negative reviews if they’ve had a bad experience. Other consumers depend on it to help make informed decisions. You have a “D” rating from BBB so there must have been good reason to receive that rating, and that would be because there are others with bad experiences.
dave wrote:
well if you are claiming that "sue" told you not to bother them anymore yesterday. well "disgruntled", that did not happen. sue has not been at fca since 11-17. so you probably the same "jacko" that posts on yahoo. you have some very serious mental stability problems. move on, if you feel the need to keep posting vile negative lies about me, my famliy, and my company then you need a mental health check up. your perception is not everyone else's reality. looking for some type of revenge on the internet is very problematic and unhealty, try yoga
<quoted text>
Sueanna

Bel Air, MD

#11 Aug 3, 2011
Thank you so much for all of your help, this company was wonderful and very polite to me. I will use you again if I need you but no offense I hope I won't need you anytime soon. Thanks again!
Hailie

Bel Air, MD

#12 Aug 3, 2011
Your service was great, you towed me and then fixed my vehicle in the same day! I was even hungry and Chrissy ( the lady at the front desk) offered to have someone run me down to Sheetz to get a coffee and sandwich while I was waiting. Thanks so much for all of your help and making me feel comfortable while waiting on my repair. I will be back when I need my car fixed!
Bad business

Abingdon, MD

#13 Dec 6, 2011
I took my truck to first choice and asked them if they could tell me what the squeaking sounds were. So they asked for my name and keys. After 10 minutes I was called to the back to show me the problem. I was then asked if I wanted them to give me a list. Well I said ok. When it was time to leave I was hit with a 120$ charge because I wouldn't have the work done. I was never told there be a charge. They would not release my truck unless I paid the 120$. They were rude ,high priced and when I gave in and went by there rules and said I'd get a cheaper fix to avoid the 120$ I was told no were not working on your car pay the 120$ and if you don't have it go outside until you figure it out. My mother called they were rude to her and wouldn't take her bank card because he thought she do a charge back. We didn't know you could do that. But it shows what type of people they are. On top I was told what did I think I was gonna get a quote then take it down the street to get it cheaper! No I thought I could price around because that's how America works. I shouldn't have been forced to pay. It was pay or get the work done. I was never told I would be charged 120$ for a 10 min look at my suspension. I wouldn't have let them take the car. I have a reading problem and my mother informed them n they didn't care. The right thing to do was to say ok we didn't tell u ahead and we didn't do any work so give us 20 or 40$ n call it a day. No they disrespected me and my mother. Took money from a hard working single father. Never would I tell people to go here. Worst people I've ever delt with and they will be seeing me in small claims court.
melanie

Bel Air, MD

#14 Nov 23, 2012
I had a horrible experience as well. Over charged rude employees 95that hung up on us repeatedly and owner didnt even have the courage to get on the phone an speak to us. Lied to us and held car like a hostage until we paid. We will now fight till I get something back. I am looking for others with bad experiences to help out. This guy seems to think he can rip people off and then provide bad customer service and treat people like crap. He should be shut down9501
Danille

Abingdon, MD

#15 Jan 25, 2013
That is why have grade D from BBB. Avoid this place at all cost.
jacko

Nottingham, MD

#18 Feb 5, 2013
Unfortunately, this sounds a lot like what we went through. I called consumer protection agency but they pretty much said they couldn't help. Maybe they can help you.
melanie wrote:
I had a horrible experience as well. Over charged rude employees 95that hung up on us repeatedly and owner didnt even have the courage to get on the phone an speak to us. Lied to us and held car like a hostage until we paid. We will now fight till I get something back. I am looking for others with bad experiences to help out. This guy seems to think he can rip people off and then provide bad customer service and treat people like crap. He should be shut down9501

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bel Air Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court Ordered Community Service work from home (Apr '11) Oct 17 amartin7693 70
The Sad Bel Air Police Department (Jan '07) Sep 25 Infamous Zack Atkins 283
do not buy from jones junction used cars (Jul '12) Sep '14 Anonymous 70
Review: Wilson's Corner LLC Sep '14 anonymous 1
Review: Veterinary Referral Hospital - Jeffrey ... (Aug '10) Aug '14 SBmom 8
Perry Hall Woman Makes 'Pretty Pockets' for Bre... (Oct '13) Jul '14 Jen 3
Debate: Marijuana - Bel Air, MD (Sep '10) Jul '14 dirty mike 36
Bel Air Dating
Find my Match

Bel Air Jobs