Goodbye,Kentucky coal..you dirty old ...

Goodbye,Kentucky coal..you dirty old fossil--from Prez. Obama

Posted in the Beechmont Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe Behall

Milan, TN

#1 Sep 19, 2012
How many Muhlenbergers are going to lose their mine related jobs after they vote in Obama for a 2nd assault on coal? Check out 1200 jobs to be lost in Appalachian mines with Obama's EPA assault on coal as the main reason.
DUHHHH

Johnson City, TN

#2 Sep 19, 2012
Are you crazy??? Obama is not against coal! Don't you know that he passed... I mean said... well supported... nope - deregulated... uhhhmmm I think he has a "Friends of Coal" bumper sticker. Yaaayyy!!! Obama 4 more years!!!
Jerrold Moore

United States

#4 Sep 20, 2012
Re-elect Obama?!?! Are you CRAZY!! I am not voting for Obama!! This coal miner won't vote for someone who lets the EPA do whatever they want to try and shut down, or majorly slow down, the coal industry. Not to mention, I'm a very proud Pro- Second Amendment supporter!!!!!!
well ok

Richmond, KY

#5 Sep 20, 2012
well vote all you want, because the peoples vote doesnt mean crap!!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6 Sep 21, 2012
Jerrold Moore wrote:
Re-elect Obama?!?! Are you CRAZY!! I am not voting for Obama!! This coal miner won't vote for someone who lets the EPA do whatever they want to try and shut down, or majorly slow down, the coal industry. Not to mention, I'm a very proud Pro- Second Amendment supporter!!!!!!
Please, I beg you to read this, and then re-read the 2nd post in this thread.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/sarcasm1.htm
go big O

Greenville, KY

#7 Sep 21, 2012
Screw you scab miners! I hope your children starve to death.
ObamaFraud

Orem, UT

#8 Sep 24, 2012
Obama is not industry friendly except maybe his green friends. That is the industry to get into - make a lot of money, get a huge government handout and then claim bankruptcy.
DR3WKING

United States

#9 Oct 2, 2012
Obama does not hate coal or is going to shut down the mining industry, the mining industry has put this garbage in the heads of everyone for the simple reason that republicans give corporations tax breaks. Obama simply wants to invest a little time in alternative energy so america can cut down on foreign spending, if you thing im full of bull read section 8 of the republican tea party stature (That Mitt Romney Supports). It states: Pass an "all-of-the-above" energy policy: Authorize the exploration of additional energy reserves to reduce American dependence on foreign energy sources and reduce regulatory barriers to all other forms of energy creation. does that sum it up for everyone? If your going to vote be informed
jason

Central City, KY

#10 Oct 13, 2012
go big O wrote:
Screw you scab miners! I hope your children starve to death.
screw you ,you piece of shit.what do you do for a living? you probally live with your parents and watch porn all day.you more than likely jerk off to your moms underwear for a hobby because you cant afford to take a real woman on a date.but if you were a coal miner you could.I know i can afford to.and our kids wont starve because we are real men and even without coal mining we will adapt and survive fucker witch is more than i can say for losers like you !
jason

Central City, KY

#11 Oct 13, 2012
DR3WKING wrote:
Obama does not hate coal or is going to shut down the mining industry, the mining industry has put this garbage in the heads of everyone for the simple reason that republicans give corporations tax breaks. Obama simply wants to invest a little time in alternative energy so america can cut down on foreign spending, if you thing im full of bull read section 8 of the republican tea party stature (That Mitt Romney Supports). It states: Pass an "all-of-the-above" energy policy: Authorize the exploration of additional energy reserves to reduce American dependence on foreign energy sources and reduce regulatory barriers to all other forms of energy creation. does that sum it up for everyone? If your going to vote be informed
the fact that you are misinformed is not yor fault ,but i will fix that real quick.obamas quote in an interview he gave during his first election bid "go ahead,build a coal fired power plant and we will bankrupt you"that wasnt the mining industry it was your great preident.if you dont care about miners and thier family,think about the cost of electricity and all jobs related to miming.trucking,iron workers,power plant workers,and the millions of other little guys,please use god judgement and look at the big picture.loosing coal will effect everyone .
did u know

Union City, TN

#12 Oct 13, 2012
"Chinese nationals brought in to fill B.C. coal miner shortage"

Don't all you coal miners get too up-tight when your very own coal company brings in Chinese workers to do your jobs. They're doing it in other places because they can pay the Chinese a cheaper wage.
We already know some of the coal mine owners are crooks. They force their employees to contribute to Republican candidates. In other words, you have to be a Republican to work for them! That seems like communism to me.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#13 Oct 13, 2012
did u know wrote:
"Chinese nationals brought in to fill B.C. coal miner shortage"
Don't all you coal miners get too up-tight when your very own coal company brings in Chinese workers to do your jobs. They're doing it in other places because they can pay the Chinese a cheaper wage.
We already know some of the coal mine owners are crooks. They force their employees to contribute to Republican candidates. In other words, you have to be a Republican to work for them! That seems like communism to me.
B.C., British Columbia, is in Canada. The reason the workers are being allowed over from China is because no Canadians in that part of NE Canada have the qualifications needed. Here is an article to clarify your half-truth.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/business/bc203...

You also seem to have no understanding about the ideas of Communism.

http://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/what-is-com...
did u know

Union City, TN

#14 Oct 13, 2012
September 24, 2012
: End of Central Appalachian coal mining is near.

With gas hovering above critical $3/MMBtu, coal production cuts seen waning - Tuesday, October 02, 2012
Analyst: Expect another round of coal production cuts to close 2012 - Tuesday, October 02, 2012
Brattle finds coal plants' future more dependent on gas prices than EPA regulations - Tuesday, October 02, 2012
Analyst expects Patriot Coal to survive, but others may fall - Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:49 PM
MSHA closure of Alliance Pontiki complex may force indefinite suspension - Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Calling the uncertain future of Central Appalachian coal mining the "elephant in the room," industry consultant Alan Stagg said he expects mining in the high-cost region to cease in the next 10 to 20 years.

Speaking at Platts Coal Marketing Days on Sept. 21, Stagg said producers in Central Appalachia need to accept that difficult physical mining conditions, combined with inescapable regulatory restrictions, will soon erase profitability.

"This is the elephant in the room. No one wants to acknowledge that reserve depletion is profound," said Stagg, president and CEO of Stagg Resource Consultants Inc. "Mining conditions are difficult, and the cost to produce is high. That is a physical fact. It's not pleasant. Nobody wants to acknowledge it. That is a fact, and companies that ignore that fact will not do so well."

Stagg cast such a pall on the Central Appalachia coal industry that West Virginia Coal Association President Bill Raney, speaking later in the day, said he felt like a "funeral director."

West Virginia counties such as Clay, Fayette and Lincoln will first experience rapid production declines, Stagg said, while the mining in Boone, Wyoming and McDowell counties will survive past a decade thanks to high-quality metallurgical coal.

He said the environmentalists seem most sensitive to mountaintop removal mining, only adding to the pressures facing Central Appalachia.

Given the structural changes in the region over the past several years, Stagg asked pointed questions of an industry that he said is reluctant to accept the realities facing the Central Appalachia coal fields.

"Are recent regulatory pressures a straw man in addressing problems facing the coal industry?" he asked. "Even if U.S. coal companies got all of their permits, what would they do with them? You cannot sell that coal at $40,$45 or even $50 per ton."

According to SNL Energy physical trading survey prices, NYMEX-spec Central Appalachia barge coal traded at $58.75/ton on Sept. 21.

Stagg even cast doubt on new technology saving the Central Appalachian coal industry.
jason

Central City, KY

#15 Oct 13, 2012
did u know wrote:
"Chinese nationals brought in to fill B.C. coal miner shortage"
Don't all you coal miners get too up-tight when your very own coal company brings in Chinese workers to do your jobs. They're doing it in other places because they can pay the Chinese a cheaper wage.
We already know some of the coal mine owners are crooks. They force their employees to contribute to Republican candidates. In other words, you have to be a Republican to work for them! That seems like communism to me.
that is not completly true not all coal mines do that, the company i work for has never ask for donations. we are free to support any candidate we please,and you truly dont understand communism
did u know

Union City, TN

#16 Oct 13, 2012
jason wrote:
<quoted text>that is not completly true not all coal mines do that, the company i work for has never ask for donations. we are free to support any candidate we please,and you truly dont understand communism
That's why I used the word "some"
As far as Communism.....I understand it as well as others understand socialism!
coal miner

Central City, KY

#18 Oct 13, 2012
did u know wrote:
September 24, 2012
: End of Central Appalachian coal mining is near.
With gas hovering above critical $3/MMBtu, coal production cuts seen waning - Tuesday, October 02, 2012
Analyst: Expect another round of coal production cuts to close 2012 - Tuesday, October 02, 2012
Brattle finds coal plants' future more dependent on gas prices than EPA regulations - Tuesday, October 02, 2012
Analyst expects Patriot Coal to survive, but others may fall - Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:49 PM
MSHA closure of Alliance Pontiki complex may force indefinite suspension - Tuesday, October 02, 2012
Calling the uncertain future of Central Appalachian coal mining the "elephant in the room," industry consultant Alan Stagg said he expects mining in the high-cost region to cease in the next 10 to 20 years.
Speaking at Platts Coal Marketing Days on Sept. 21, Stagg said producers in Central Appalachia need to accept that difficult physical mining conditions, combined with inescapable regulatory restrictions, will soon erase profitability.
"This is the elephant in the room. No one wants to acknowledge that reserve depletion is profound," said Stagg, president and CEO of Stagg Resource Consultants Inc. "Mining conditions are difficult, and the cost to produce is high. That is a physical fact. It's not pleasant. Nobody wants to acknowledge it. That is a fact, and companies that ignore that fact will not do so well."
Stagg cast such a pall on the Central Appalachia coal industry that West Virginia Coal Association President Bill Raney, speaking later in the day, said he felt like a "funeral director."
West Virginia counties such as Clay, Fayette and Lincoln will first experience rapid production declines, Stagg said, while the mining in Boone, Wyoming and McDowell counties will survive past a decade thanks to high-quality metallurgical coal.
He said the environmentalists seem most sensitive to mountaintop removal mining, only adding to the pressures facing Central Appalachia.
Given the structural changes in the region over the past several years, Stagg asked pointed questions of an industry that he said is reluctant to accept the realities facing the Central Appalachia coal fields.
"Are recent regulatory pressures a straw man in addressing problems facing the coal industry?" he asked. "Even if U.S. coal companies got all of their permits, what would they do with them? You cannot sell that coal at $40,$45 or even $50 per ton."
According to SNL Energy physical trading survey prices, NYMEX-spec Central Appalachia barge coal traded at $58.75/ton on Sept. 21.
Stagg even cast doubt on new technology saving the Central Appalachian coal industry.
you can blame all the al gores and obamas out there with there global goofieness and liberal policies for the high cost of mining coal,our cheapest source of energy."we have a muslim president who hates us"hank williams jr.
coal miner

Central City, KY

#19 Oct 13, 2012
did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I used the word "some"
As far as Communism.....I understand it as well as others understand socialism!
murray energy is one of the companies you are reffering to and i aggree with you about that co.but we are fighting for our way of life so we do get defencive,i hpoe you understand

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#20 Oct 13, 2012
Louisville Gas & Electric Co. said in filings with the Kentucky Public Service Commission that it plans to replace its 618 MW Cane Run coal-fired power plant with a 640 MW natural gas-fired plant by 2016.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#21 Oct 13, 2012

"The cheapest way to produce electricity right now is with coal. Even though the generating stations are barely 25 to 28 per cent efficient, itís still the cheapest method," "But, on the other hand, itís also the dirtiest."

Coal is the fossil fuel that emits the most air pollutants when it burns ó nitrogen oxide, sulphur dioxide, mercury, particles, plus large amounts of greenhouse gases (GHGs), including carbon dioxide. But its readily availability and low costs have made it the fuel most commonly used to generate electricity.

When natural gas burns it produces no ash, practically no sulphur and no toxic metals. Its combustion generates 50 per cent fewer GHG emissions than coal or fuel oil, so itís a better choice than other fossil fuels for the power industry around the world.

As pressure mounts to shut down coal plants, attention is turning to natural gas as an affordable stepping-stone to cleaner power.

Not only are gas-fired generating stations less polluting, they are more energy-efficient, which means that they produce more electricity for the same amount of fuel.

"A gas-fired generating station is about 60 per cent energy efficient, as opposed to about 25 per cent for coal, and that means big savings."
Digger

Nortonville, KY

#22 Oct 13, 2012
Miners has to be the dumbest people on earth . Natural gas is low cost and is cheaper and plenty of it !! It's the future . The Obama group has nothing to do with that. I'm so embrassed to see these dumb ass signs about coal.2

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beechmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 48 min Master of PuPPetz 764
Piper scandal 4 hr Piper Destruction 2
She is a rat Tue Tojo 1
Walmart manager for fired Mon IdiotsRu 10
Nathan benson and Jenny Martin (Jan '16) Apr 24 Joe knight 5
murphys by walmart in central city Apr 23 turnover 1
Kimberly Clark Apr 22 popeye 1

Beechmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beechmont Mortgages