Beecher to host 4th of July Festival

Beecher to host 4th of July Festival

There are 22 comments on the The SouthtownStar story from Jul 4, 2010, titled Beecher to host 4th of July Festival. In it, The SouthtownStar reports that:

Beecher :: Crete :: Monee :: Chicago Heights :: South Chicago Heights :: Steger :: Beecher to host 4th of July Festival Comments July 4, 2010 Instead of watching a recap of Independence Day celebrations on the news on July 4, why not grab the family and personally take part in one? Beecher will host the final day of its 84th annual 4th of July ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The SouthtownStar.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anaymous

AOL

#1 Jul 5, 2010
Beecher needs to have The Five Guys Named Moe play there again like they have for the past Years. The Band K.O, Bossy were terrible.
ActiveResident

Park Forest, IL

#2 Jul 6, 2010
MOE didn't play this year?? That is bad news, they're the best!
Concerned in Steger

Lowell, IN

#3 Jul 6, 2010
The wife and I went early Sunday afternoon and found a fest that has become not much more than a few rides and a handful of booths. If we hadn't had a couple of beers we could have done the whole thing in 5 minutes.

Beecher did a great job, as always, of keeping the place and port-a-potties clean but there really isn't much to see there any more.

At least it hasn't become a destination for the gang bangers like some of the other fests in the area.
Molly

Horsham, PA

#4 Jul 6, 2010
Yes the Beecher Fest has become boring. Sad to say and the fireworks were ok. I guess we cant complain though, at least we have something and didnt have to have it cut.

I am happy to not see all the little wanna be gang bangers this year. That annoys the crap out of me, the police did a good job and were present everywhere which is a good thing.

The only that bothered me is a boy asked for a balloon from the lady in the parade handing out red, white and blue balloons and she wouldnt give it to him. She said you to old, he was like in 4th grade. Then the float that had all the girls dressed in blue sun dresses would not give out the candy like normal, she picked and choosed and again the boy next to us asked her and she said no.

A little sad to see a kid get turned down like that.
Melondy

Quincy, IL

#5 Jul 7, 2010
If the young brown hair officer that was sitting at the beer gate would have a little respect i would say they did a good job policing the carnival. She was so ignorant and yelling. I am sure this resident will be speaking to the mayor or chief about her.
Beecher resident

Darby, PA

#6 Jul 7, 2010
she was on the rag
Melondy wrote:
If the young brown hair officer that was sitting at the beer gate would have a little respect i would say they did a good job policing the carnival. She was so ignorant and yelling. I am sure this resident will be speaking to the mayor or chief about her.
ActiveResident

Park Forest, IL

#7 Jul 8, 2010
Really, some of you thought the carnival was boring THIS YEAR? I started going probably about 10 years ago, and I thought the carnival sucked ever since the beginning! Few rides, even fewer food vendors because they apparently don't want competition for their bigger food vendor by the beer tent. I guess it's better than nothing for families with little kids, but I always thought it was the worst carnival in the area.

I would usually stand in the long, long line by that one food vendor, get some really good food from there, then sit and watch the music (which was hopefully Moe). And then the fireworks. But NEVER the carnival anymore.
Molly

Horsham, PA

#8 Jul 9, 2010
yeah you are right, it is always boring but it is something to do and kids love it so that is all that matters to me.
Skizazz

Beecher, IL

#9 Jul 9, 2010
Sure, the carnival seems small for adults but I know the kids think it's great. However, I do wish there were more games. Especially for younger kids. Actually, some years it's bigger than others. Two or three years ago it was nearly twice the size it was this year.
Beecher Tax Payer

Beecher, IL

#10 Jan 9, 2012
Who counts the money?
King of the Karnival

Beecher, IL

#11 Jan 14, 2012
I do.
Someonewhocares

Schaumburg, IL

#12 Jan 14, 2012
King of the Karnival wrote:
I do.
2 for you 1 for me again everyone is related
The Wizard of Oz

Beecher, IL

#13 Jan 16, 2012
I was told I was King!
King of the Karnival

Beecher, IL

#14 Jan 17, 2012
The Wizard of Oz wrote:
I was told I was King!
WRONG!!!! There can only be one King of the Karnival. Go back to Oz where you belong.
The Wizard of Oz

Beecher, IL

#15 Jan 21, 2012
The Wizard appoints all kings
King of the Karnival

Beecher, IL

#16 Jan 25, 2012
The Wizard of Oz wrote:
The Wizard appoints all kings
You're not even a real wizard!! Get in your hot air balloon and fly back to Kansas you imposter.
Money money money

Dolton, IL

#17 Jun 22, 2012
How much money does the town make off the festival? They must make a fortune!
Turtle Guy

Homewood, IL

#18 Jun 26, 2012
America has had enough of Beecher, so we're keeping it neutral this year! The 4th of July will now be held by the District of Columbia.-___-
Money money money

Dolton, IL

#19 Jul 8, 2012
Let me guess? They made no money this year because of the heat! Even though the night with the band Maggie Speaks there had to of been over 2k people there drinking like fish!
Someonewhocares

Aurora, IL

#20 Jul 8, 2012
Money money money wrote:
Let me guess? They made no money this year because of the heat! Even though the night with the band Maggie Speaks there had to of been over 2k people there drinking like fish!
1for me 2 for you, can't make money that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beecher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump supporters in Peotone inbreds 3 hr Trump_Sucks 1
St. James Hospital Chicago Heights Jan 16 Joee 5
beecher fire department (Feb '17) Jan 12 Concerned Beecher... 4
News CSX lays out intermodal terminal plans for Cret... (Feb '17) Dec '17 Uncle Cracker 5
*****illegal alien alert******* (Mar '17) Dec '17 Juan on juan 2
So disgusted Dec '17 Concerned citizen74 1
Beecher Chief of Police (Oct '14) Nov '17 Chucky 21

Beecher Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beecher Mortgages