Steger news by residents
Disappointed

Schererville, IN

#10602 Nov 18, 2012
The trees on the boulevard look so nice and festive when they are all decorated. Our family decided to support the village and decorate one this year. It is a shame that just hours after the lights and star were put up today that someone had to go and steal the star. It really makes it hard to keep trying to make a difference when there are so many people out there that don't seem to appreciate anything nice.
papaadoc

Herriman, UT

#10603 Nov 18, 2012
Steger man killed after van rolls over on Interstate 94. Dennis Moore 32.

story at link below.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/illinois/s...
Streets

Chicago Heights, IL

#10604 Nov 19, 2012
Talked to Allied, the street sweeping will continue today and tomorrow....19th-20th.
Concerned in Steger

Chicago, IL

#10605 Nov 19, 2012
Streets wrote:
Talked to Allied, the street sweeping will continue today and tomorrow....19th-20th.
Went down one side of my street an hour ago.
diversion

Quincy, IL

#10606 Nov 19, 2012
papaadoc wrote:
Steger man killed after van rolls over on Interstate 94. Dennis Moore 32.
story at link below.
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/illinois/s...
Maybe that man from Steger is from the colonies and possibly reason for channel 7 camera crews to have been there Sun. PM?!? So far, have heard no reason for channel 7's crew to have been there.
Streets

Chicago Heights, IL

#10607 Nov 19, 2012
Concerned in Steger wrote:
<quoted text>
Went down one side of my street an hour ago.
Where are you at ?...east/west
Concerned in Steger

Chicago, IL

#10608 Nov 19, 2012
Streets wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you at ?...east/west
Will county, near Halsted.
ron whitiker steger il

Alsip, IL

#10609 Nov 19, 2012
why are all you people worried about useless crap--read back all the bull that goes on on topix--i agree with that anoying guy -you must be all old people to sit here and gossip all the time--and also agree about the same people posting under many names--get real--so long topix
streets

Chicago Heights, IL

#10610 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Will county, near Halsted.
OK....I'm east of Chicago Rd. So maybe tomorrow for me, thanks.
Curious

Chicago Heights, IL

#10612 Nov 19, 2012
Just out of curiousity ... anyone know what type of business Herr's Display Vans on Holeman Ave is? Everytime I drive by I can't figure it out and I don't know why, but it's bothering me.:)
Concerned in Steger

Cedar Lake, IN

#10613 Nov 20, 2012
Curious wrote:
Just out of curiousity ... anyone know what type of business Herr's Display Vans on Holeman Ave is? Everytime I drive by I can't figure it out and I don't know why, but it's bothering me.:)
It looks like they customize the interiors of trucks.

Here's their link;
http://www.herrdisplayvans.com/index.html
watcher

Chicago Heights, IL

#10614 Nov 20, 2012
<quoted text>
It looks like they customize the interiors of trucks.
Here's their link;
http://www.herrdisplayvans.com/index.html
They build and repair tool trucks, Matco, Mac, Cornwell, Snapon. They get a new box truck and put all the stuff in the back to display tools.
rumors

Chicago Heights, IL

#10615 Nov 20, 2012
I heard that there was a home that was burglarized in our area. And that a neigborhood man was arrested and is certain to go to prison. Hes the same one that just got out of jail for breaking into cars in the area. Does anyone have info about this???

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10616 Nov 20, 2012
What area would that be?
rumors

Chicago Heights, IL

#10617 Nov 20, 2012
Lifer looking to leave wrote:
What area would that be?
I dont know what area the recent robbery happened. But the cars were broken into in march april and may. All of them happened on sangamon, carpenter and susan lane.
Stegerfox

Chicago Heights, IL

#10618 Nov 20, 2012
East side had trucks up and down today, the kids loved it!
In Steger

Chicago, IL

#10619 Nov 23, 2012
Does anyone know what time and where the parade starts tomorrow? Thanks!

“the One and Only.....”

Since: Dec 10

Steger

#10620 Nov 23, 2012
Stegerfox wrote:
East side had trucks up and down today, the kids loved it!
I was speaking of street sweepers...
Mas Wholesale

Chicago Heights, IL

#10621 Nov 23, 2012
Saturday and Sunday Every thing in the store is 10-20 % off!! And yes I said Every thing come in and get some deals!!!! We got the goods cheap!!!
papaadoc

Quincy, IL

#10622 Nov 23, 2012
Obit:

Weiser, Evelyn June (nee Diment) 72 of Steger, IL, passed away November 20, 2012.
Beloved wife of Gerald "Jerry" Weiser; Loving mother of Rhonda (Ray) Craig, Craig Weiser and Cheryl Weiser; Cherished grandmother of Debbie Craig, Becky Craig, Sarah Craig and Jacob Weiser; Dear aunt of Brian Diment. Evelyn was preceded in death by five brothers and sisters.

Memorial Service to be held Friday, November 23, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. Services will take place at Prairie Manor Rehab Center, 345 Dixie Hwy. Chicago Heights, IL with Pastor Aaron Eggers officiating. Internment private. Arrangements by Smits Funeral Homes - Steger Memorial Chapel. Smitsfuneralhomes.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beecher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire Dept 11 hr Numbersman48 4
Concerned Crete Resident 11 hr Banker24 5
Crete ICE Detention Center 13 hr Uncle Cracker 1
Crete Water Quality (Aug '09) Jun 11 CreteRes 22
Old lady Steger cop Jun 10 Alex 10
News Hardee's abandons area (Feb '07) Jun 1 Fructose Stanko 6
The Confederate Flag on Wood St in Peotone Jun 1 Huh 6

Beecher Jobs

Personal Finance

Beecher Mortgages