Next Last
Dumb

Horsham, PA

#1 Feb 10, 2010
Former Crete-Monee student adds racism charge to lawsuit
Comments
February 10, 2010
BY FRANK MAIN, Sun-Times Media
Candice Williams was a pregnant senior at Crete-Monee High School when police allegedly dragged her from the school in 2008, knocked her to the sidewalk and kneed her in the back.
In a wrongful-death lawsuit she filed last year, Williams claims she lost her unborn fetus because of that arrest.
RELATED STORIES
SUIT: ARREST KILLED FETUS
Now, Williams, who is black, also contends in the lawsuit that a white school security guard involved in the incident was racially biased.
In documents filed Tuesday in federal court in Chicago, attorney Brendan Shiller presented job records showing that the guard, Marilyn Reid, was fired in 2005 as a probationary telecommunicator in the Eastern Will County Communications Center in Crete.
Reid allegedly used the "n-word" toward a black woman who was under arrest, according to the documents. She also was accused of showing a black co-worker a paper replica of a Ku Klux Klan mask, saying it would "scare the bitch," the documents say.
Williams, who was on the honor roll at Crete-Monee, said her trouble started in February 2008 after she and other students sent a letter to school officials, complaining about lax security. The lawsuit says the letter angered the security staff, which the school district denies.
On April 3, 2008, Williams finished a workout with her track team and sat on a bench inside the school, waiting for the University Park bus to arrive, according to her lawsuit. It says Reid and another school guard told students in the hallway to leave the building, and Williams walked toward the exit but waited with three other students in a vestibule.
Reid and the other guard told her to go outside, but Williams refused, saying she was cold, pregnant and suffering from anemia, the suit says. A teacher then told the guards that Williams was trespassing and asked them to call police, according to the suit.
In a deposition, Williams admitted she swore at the teacher but said she felt she did not need to obey because her health was at risk.
A surveillance video shows the teacher and Reid pointing to Williams when the police officers arrived, the lawsuit said.
"The next thing I remember, my face and chest was slammed against the wall of the vestibule and I was out the door," Williams said in the deposition. "I recall telling them (police) I was pregnant."
District 201U officials deny that Williams told the officers she was pregnant and accuse her of fighting with Crete Officer Juan Garcia. Garcia, who dated Reid, allegedly tripped or pushed Williams to the sidewalk.
As other students yelled that she was pregnant, Officer Richard Pasquini put a knee in Williams' back and said she would be stuck with a stun gun if she moved, the lawsuit says.
The officers, in court papers, have denied they used excessive force or that they conspired to cover up the incident.
Williams was taken to the police station and charged with trespassing, but a judge later cleared her of the charge.
At a hospital the morning after the school incident, she learned her nine-week-old fetus had been viable but did not have a heartbeat, the lawsuit says.
Williams planned to attend college, but her scholarship offers were revoked because she was suspended from school for a month, her attorney said. She can't get a college loan because of her medical bills, he said, and she's working as a concierge at a downtown Chicago building.
Reid's attorney as well as a lawyer for the village of Crete declined comment.
Dumb

Horsham, PA

#2 Feb 10, 2010
Why would she be working out with the track team and she is pregnant? Who cares if she is on the honor roll, she is not that smart to get pregnant in high school. She did not feel the need to obey, and she cursed at the teachers. This just makes me sick, I will be praying and everthing else that this girl does not get a drop of money from the district. They had to blame white people of course for being predjudice, come on think of something better people.
David Duke

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2010
Move to white neighborhood, destroy it, get knocked up and find out you cant support it, sue whitey for being ignorant.
Dumb

Horsham, PA

#4 Feb 10, 2010
Amen to David!! University Park is destroyed, and it is doing the same to Crete Monee High School..
Steve

Lincoln, IL

#5 Feb 10, 2010
I too was a Senior in 2008, and the actions of these cops do seem to match up. I remember the student, and she isn't the angel this lawsuit is painting her as and also let me say it doesn't take much to get on the honor roll at Crete. I remember though back in the day students used to bait and taunt Garcia and Pasquini to get a reaction then would bitch so much when they dealt with the student appropriately. I worked in the attendance office as an aid and would talk to Pasquini often and he never once came off as a racist to me.
Security

Chicago, IL

#6 Feb 11, 2010
I worked security at the school a few years back and can say the officer's always acted professional. I seen kids walk out of classes and disrespect teachers of all races. The problem is the liberals are turning this country in to a third world country. Parents can not even spank their kids because the state and police claim domestic battery or child abuse. America needs to go back to the earlier days when parents were parents and kids respected authority. Parents also need to become accountable for their kids behavior. My solution to the problem is young people stop making babies so young.
Security

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 11, 2010
Steve wrote:
I too was a Senior in 2008, and the actions of these cops do seem to match up. I remember the student, and she isn't the angel this lawsuit is painting her as and also let me say it doesn't take much to get on the honor roll at Crete. I remember though back in the day students used to bait and taunt Garcia and Pasquini to get a reaction then would bitch so much when they dealt with the student appropriately. I worked in the attendance office as an aid and would talk to Pasquini often and he never once came off as a racist to me.
Steve Officer Pasquini is a stand up guy who respects everyone no matter what race they are.In my opinion, this lawsuit is BS!!!!!!!!!
Cathy

Horsham, PA

#8 Feb 11, 2010
I agree, I think all the security in this matter are stand up people. Those kids are the most rudest kids I have ever seen. They think someone owes them something. Mr. Reigler will change that school around I have faith in him. Let him get the bad ones out, and keep the good ones in! Let them do their jobs. I heard this girl has had tons of run uns and is a trouble maker. Plus she was not all that to get pregnant in high school. I think she is just mad she did not get the help to go to college, and that is her own fault. She should have watched her mouth.
a citizen who cares

Country Club Hills, IL

#9 Feb 11, 2010
what was she doing on the track team working out and how far was she if she was pregnant and wheres the hospital report of misscarrage if she wouldn't of disrespected everyone involved she would of beenfine but she had to act like a dumb ass she brought everything on herself by fighting with authorities its all her fault in my book should of not been out of control and if she was pregnant she shouldn't of put her unborn child in jeapordy
Brittnee

Park Forest, IL

#10 Feb 12, 2010
Dumb wrote:
Why would she be working out with the track team and she is pregnant? Who cares if she is on the honor roll, she is not that smart to get pregnant in high school. She did not feel the need to obey, and she cursed at the teachers. This just makes me sick, I will be praying and everthing else that this girl does not get a drop of money from the district. They had to blame white people of course for being predjudice, come on think of something better people.
This is exactly my point. I went to Crete Monee with this girl; she was a year older than me. IF your 9 weeks pregnant what the hell are you doing running track IN THE COLD for? I know Officers Pasquini and Garcia and both of these men would not hurt a fly. They would never "beat" and student like this. It is just an easy way for this girl to get some extra cash. Pathetic.
Brittnee

Park Forest, IL

#11 Feb 12, 2010
David Duke wrote:
Move to white neighborhood, destroy it, get knocked up and find out you cant support it, sue whitey for being ignorant.
bahahahahah Agreed!!
Drea

Urbana, IL

#12 Feb 13, 2010
So I graduated from Crete in 2008. Candice was my best friend. Personally i think all you people are ignorant. Who are to comment on a situation you know SHIT about? Unless you know from firsthand experience about what happened at Crete, you should keep your mouth closed. The teachers were ignorant and so were some of the police. Also I know Pasquini and from his mouth he said he pushed her down and sat on her. Just because she was at track practice doesn't mean she was running. Regardless you still have to go practice and support your team. They practiced in the indoor gym. Who are to judge her about being pregnant in high school? She came to school every day and lived her life as a regular student. Best believe there are reports of the miscarriage too. I swear all yall are ignorant as fuck and unless you went to Crete at that time and experienced what we experienced... SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!
Steve

Lincoln, IL

#13 Feb 14, 2010
In what situation would Pasquini find it appropriate to comment on something like that to a student? Sounds like bs to me, but if Pasquini purposely "sat" on Candace to kill her fetus it sounds like he's been listening to too much Cannibal Corpse. I talked to Pasquini a lot when I went to high school, he's a nice guy to talk about books and music too and I really don't like cops. He's very intelligent and to call him or Garcia violent or a racist is just dumb. Knowing Pasquini I don't think he would've used the force he did unless he found it justified. As for the teachers some of them were ignorant, I can name a few and most of them are gone now. Most of the bad teachers Crete hired was through their "lets hire teachers and administration personnel that appeal to the students" politically liberal correct bullshit. But in the past it wasn't the teachers at Crete that made it such a shitty school it was the students. The fucking section 8 kids that'd come to Crete for a couple months, treat anyone with authority with disrespect, refuse to learn anything, sling drugs in the bathroom and eventually get moved to CAPS. Remember those gang fights that happened in the winter of 2006? Or the riot in 2004 or 2005? I remember at prom people taking their pictures throwing up gang signs. I also remember a bitch that tried to run me over in her Dad's new SUV while I was trying to pick up my ID that I dropped in the parking lot. The place is a shit hole, and I think any respectable person who attended that school knows who made it so. The greatest thing about this lawsuit is that it's accusing a Latino of racially motivated assault ha ha ha ha ha ha. I always thought that if the students found police in Crete domineering and abusive how'd they function in Franco's Spain or any police state with actual real police brutality. Candice refused the orders of police officer, that's a misdemeanor in the state of Illinois. But I love how that's overlooked. This is bullshit and I hate to see the reputation of these two respectable police officers dragged through the mud because of this.
DaReal

Chicago, IL

#14 Feb 25, 2010
Drea wrote:
So I graduated from Crete in 2008. Candice was my best friend. Personally i think all you people are ignorant. Who are to comment on a situation you know SHIT about? Unless you know from firsthand experience about what happened at Crete, you should keep your mouth closed. The teachers were ignorant and so were some of the police. Also I know Pasquini and from his mouth he said he pushed her down and sat on her. Just because she was at track practice doesn't mean she was running. Regardless you still have to go practice and support your team. They practiced in the indoor gym. Who are to judge her about being pregnant in high school? She came to school every day and lived her life as a regular student. Best believe there are reports of the miscarriage too. I swear all yall are ignorant as fuck and unless you went to Crete at that time and experienced what we experienced... SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!
Drea, you is an ignorant mo fo. This is a forum to express opinions!!!! How you gonna tell someone to shut the f up??? Most ypu young beotches these days think you is untouchable. Po Po tell you to git out da building, get out! You think thye gonna walk away? Grow up. She aint gonna get shit! I hope i am on the jury. Ignorant ass kid, having a kid. Theres the problem.
WORLD PEACE

United States

#15 Feb 28, 2010
Dumb wrote:
SMH y would u pray that. All of these comment are dumb and border line racist. I don't care want she did no child deserve to be treated like that. And this is very unaccepted. At crete stll today teacher and security mistreat the students thats why its all the problems now. And about the comment about her not smart for getting pregnant give me a break. Thats just wrong and who are you judge.
STFU

Chicago, IL

#16 Mar 2, 2010
WORLD PEACE wrote:
<quoted text>
SMH y would u pray that. All of these comment are dumb and border line racist. I don't care want she did no child deserve to be treated like that. And this is very unaccepted. At crete stll today teacher and security mistreat the students thats why its all the problems now. And about the comment about her not smart for getting pregnant give me a break. Thats just wrong and who are you judge.
So you dont acre what she did says it all. What she did was unacceptable. Its very simple, she was told to leave and refused and got ignorant. Our laws say thats trespassing, then she resisted. I believe that society has to be regulated by laws. They are for a civil society. I support law enforcement even when they have to use force, which they are allowed to do by LAW, even when its an ignorant pregnant student of color. you dont like it, move!
Cathy

Horsham, PA

#17 Mar 2, 2010
WORLD PEACE wrote:
<quoted text>
She is dumb, just face it, she is looking for a pay check. Take it for what it is and deal with it.
nicki

Manteno, IL

#19 Mar 2, 2010
I took my kid out of that hell hole. 2 black girls held hands and smashed her down to the ground and ran off. Had to take her to the Dr.for her neck. No teachers in the hall to watch the students. The security would of done the same with a white kid. What and where are the parents of this beast of a girl? She is PG and in school. She isn't that sick if she is out getting PG. She needs a job now not a free B.
Nick J of Crete

AOL

#20 Mar 2, 2010
Well, at least the last 3 comments are not spoken from the B*** H***
tlc

Manteno, IL

#21 Mar 5, 2010
Another honor role student, huh ? I bet she'll go far by: A. Getting pregnant in high school;
B. Deciding when she has to obey direct orders based on her standards.
C. Always biting the hand that tries to help her.
D. Blaming racism for everything that happens to her.
E. Publicizing her complaints, instead of trying to resolve them.
What a pos !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beecher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
S 2nd st town moron Aug 26 Funny 2
News Peotone Town Chatter (Jul '12) Aug 22 poedunkville 19
peotone code enforcement Aug 19 countrygal 5
Peotone Schools (Nov '13) Aug 12 peotone 10
Downtown Steger (Feb '09) Aug 7 Bea Fodor 33
Paul Goldrick (Feb '14) Apr '15 Student 15
Beecher Fourth of July Commission Apr '15 Rosemary 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beecher Mortgages