New Athletic Director for Beebe Schools

New Athletic Director for Beebe Schools

Posted in the Beebe Forum

Badger Fan

United States

#1 Mar 5, 2013
Beebe needs a new A.D. in my opinion. Our school is being embarrassed by the decisions our current A.D. is making. For a number of years, the Beebe Junior High track program has been a disgrace to our district. Many of the coaches are uneducated in track. The coaches do not support track nor do they even like track (I guess they are doing it for the stipend). Coaches opt out of track meets our A.D. scheduled students to participate in and he is clueless. Coaches do not practice the kids so they are unprepared, they don't teach kids to use the blocks, they don't give the kids a training plan for events, they do not train kids in events, and they don't even usually know what events they are putting them in until the day before the meet. At track meets, I have seen them sit in circles in chairs on the football field and visit without any concern for the athletes running. I have seen them sit in chairs in a line at meets and never get up to take a time or work the half-way point on the track to cheer on a runner or to tell them to speed up or slow down. This doesn't apply to Coach Pinkerton or Coach C. Rector by the way.
The track uniforms are pathetic! Only the relay kids match because they have to (as a rule) because we have kids wearing shorts from home because we do not have enough uniforms for our track team to match. Beebe looks like the step-children of the track meets. Smaller school districts like Des Arc kick our butts and look much sharper than we ever could in our Goodwill-like uniforms.
Most of our kids drop track by senior high because it is treated with so little respect and it is a joke.
In my opinion, I'd like to see our A.D. show up at all sporting events possible. I see the Vilonia A.D. cheering for track kids by NAME and he has a stop-watch and is timing them himself. He is very involved. Our A.D. & the rest of the administration present at the state basketball tournament, sat in the nose-bleed section of the Pine Bluff Convention Center and was as far removed from the game/students/and athletes as possible. He makes a darn good salary and he needs to start earning it! Get to know the athletes, cheer for them, quit being so cheap when it comes to sports other than football. In fact, if we spend so much on football---make those 20+ coaches I see standing on the sideline get off their butts and work with track athletes in their off-season since Beebe is so short-handed when it comes to working with track athletes. I think all the football coaches use to do this back in the day along with basketball coaches that were in off-season as well. If we need money for track, why the heck did our A.D. fight taking gate fees at our track meets(even though all the other schools charge gate fees)? Why did he state that track had plenty of money in its budget and discourage fundraising? Clearly, something is off if our kids are wearing sorry uniforms and their own shorts from home that don't match. If our A.D. doesn't support all the sports Beebe offers, he needs to GO!
concern citizen

Cabot, AR

#2 Mar 6, 2013
I totally agree with what you said!! We need AD and coaches in junior high that really cares ab coaching instead of being their cause they have to be and cause of the money!

United States

#3 Mar 9, 2013
concern citizen wrote:
I totally agree with what you said!! We need AD and coaches in junior high that really cares ab coaching instead of being their cause they have to be and cause of the money!
Who is the athletic director currently?
Another Guest

Sherwood, AR

#4 Mar 9, 2013
You guys don't have the first clue about the track program.
Badger Fan

United States

#5 Mar 10, 2013
Another Guest wrote:
You guys don't have the first clue about the track program.
Okay. I will give you an opportunity to prove me wrong. Respond to this post and tell me exactly how the Beebe track program does operate (describe practices, meets, coach involvement, A.D. involvement, etc.)
Badger Fan

United States

#6 Mar 10, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the athletic director currently?
Mr. Jordan is the A.D. and Ms. Jackson is Assistant A.D. I'd really like to know what duties the Asst. A.D. performs. I heard she does drug testing; but surely there is more to the job than that. All I know is with two A.D.'s, why can't Beebe be more organized? We do not have our website posted with information we need (directions to gyms/fields, etc.) Schedules are routinely wrong and only get passed on to parents at the last minute. Our kids' success does not get published and promoted. No wonder we have Beebe kids with real talent not getting athletic scholarships. I'd like them to explain why our track kids DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE THE BLOCK? Why are our kids showing up to the long jump when no one has ever shown them the proper way to do it and the Beebe kids are the only ones that don't have a coach there? Why do some of our Beebe track coaches SIT in their chairs the entire meet AND EAT? Why does a Beebe coach ask the kids to wish for lightening so the meet will be cancelled? Why does a Beebe coach decide a particular group of Beebe kids as a whole won't be allowed to participate in a scheduled meet? If a parent does complain to the Beebe A.D., he allows the Beebe coach to chew the kids out after about it and the Beebe coach tells them their parents are going to get them fired. Why are our kids having to come up with their own workouts to try to get prepared? Why would a Beebe coach tell track parents they need to get their kids involved in indoor sports? Have they not heard of indoor track meets? Why do Beebe track kids have to hunt down a Beebe coach who is sitting outside the fenced area facing away from the track to find the baton to do a relay?
Runner

United States

#7 Mar 15, 2013
I am sick of the coaches being mad at us each day because their boss gets on to them for all the stuff they do or don't do. They keep giving these big speeches & telling us to get our parents to keep out of things and that our parents are going to get them fired from their jobs. Everyone needs to drop it so we quit getting griped at!
youngteen

Lockhart, TX

#8 Mar 18, 2013
Ok why don't you become the track coach or AD oh wait your to stupid to do how bout you shut the fck up
BB consolidate w DesArc

United States

#9 Apr 4, 2013
Did I really see a Badger track athlete running in the 7th grade track meet AT BEEBE Monday, wearing GREEN shorts? Seriously! Surely, we can find the money for matching track uniforms for 7th-12th. I think we just got new senior high uniforms. Here is a revolutionary idea...HAND ME DOWNS! Yes, it is something that once was common practice that seems to have been lost in our modern times. I would rather see junior high athletes wearing senior high hand-me-downs and be a bit baggie than GREEN shorts with Badger red tops. Oh wait, unless we are merging with Des Arc and I hadn't heard.

North Little Rock, AR

#10 Apr 4, 2013
Beebe has great coaches for track! We have the best track coach in the state of Arkansas! It's on paper! Y'all are dumb fucks! You don't understand how good the track team really is! Just because your kid sucks ass don't mean our coaches are bad! So go tell your kid to get faster it better! Coach Pinkerton spends countless hours away from home with football and track! So show your damn school/ coaches some fucking respect!! Or you come and try to do better! Btw! We were third in the state of Arkansas last year with a new school record in the 4x800 so yeah try to say we have a "bad coach"
Correction

United States

#11 Apr 19, 2013
guest wrote:
Beebe has great coaches for track! We have the best track coach in the state of Arkansas! It's on paper! Y'all are dumb fucks! You don't understand how good the track team really is! Just because your kid sucks ass don't mean our coaches are bad! So go tell your kid to get faster it better! Coach Pinkerton spends countless hours away from home with football and track! So show your damn school/ coaches some fucking respect!! Or you come and try to do better! Btw! We were third in the state of Arkansas last year with a new school record in the 4x800 so yeah try to say we have a "bad coach"
You are right that Coach P. is an exception and there are other exceptions too. My posts were mainly directed at certain Junior High coaches. Imagine if Beebe Junior High did their jobs with the same enthusiasm - we might WIN State someday. My point is that it is the A.D.'s job to find out who isn't doing their job and make corrections so the program as a whole succeeds (Junior High to Senior High) and so that talented athletes are awarded scholarships like one of the members of that 4 by 800 team you mentioned. I think any senior high coach would agree that in order for senior high to do great, they need the junior high coaches to develop a great program as well to lay the foundation for senior high success.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beebe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tracy Nicole Washington or Conway 6 min silent bob 1
Eric nelson 1 hr urinluck $xıdoʇ$ 4
Corey mingus 14 hr Beebe 4
I still love you Mon Todayistheday2017 1
Ate five ate 7 three six five Mon Summer Friend 4
Emily Osburn Jun 25 High school bud 1
Virgil Nelson running for mayor of Beebe? Jun 25 Eric 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beebe Mortgages