beebe speedway
bk girl

Olive Branch, MS

#1 Jul 11, 2012
I heard there is a padlock and a sign that says no racing till further notice. Is that true?
no doubt

Haslet, TX

#2 Jul 11, 2012
Idk? That woman
Owes money everywhere , so I don't doubt it.

United States

#3 Jul 12, 2012
What woman are you talking about?
just the truth maam

United States

#4 Jul 12, 2012
i knew once she got control over it that it would bomb. its so sad to see this .
Racing Know it All

Memphis, TN

#5 Jul 12, 2012
The pond that is used to water the track is empty. They have no way of preparing the track. In the 15 years i have been around Beebe Speedway i have seen the pond on the verge of going dry but it has finally happend. It has nothing to do with Momma C. The owners of the land will not provide another water source and there is now way the person who leases it no matter who it is could afford to bring water in or drill a well.
wondering
#6 Jul 13, 2012
Did the wrecker guy sell the track? They had plenty of water. There is a big lake behind to the north. Bull creek is real close by, so it is not only a water excuse. Who is the blonde woman from Russelville that runs around taking photos? Isn't this little mom? I guess she once raced. Said she wrecked a car knocked out her teeth.
Racing Know it All

Memphis, TN

#7 Jul 13, 2012
The Mahoney's never owned the track. The Akins family owns the track. They just lease it to individuals who run it.

The reason for the lack of water is due to the extreme drought the area is going through. The pond at the speedway generally gets low but this time it is dry. Getting water from other sources would be just about impossible. First you would have to have a water source. Which in a drought is hard to find. Second you would have to pump the water from that source. In racing promoters pretty much break even after paying their lease, insurance, utilities, and nightly pay outs. So its not real feasible to purchase a pump.

I have been around that track for many many years. I assure you it has nothing to do with the current people running the track and I don't even know them.
Racing Know it All

Memphis, TN

#8 Jul 13, 2012
This is posted on the Beebe Speedway webpage, as well as midsouth racing's message board.

Racing scheduled for Friday the 13th has been cancelled.

The past few days central arkansas has received spotted showers as well as heavy showers, too bad mother nature didn't allow a storm to pop up and stay over the speedway to help with the lack of water situation currently plauging the track. Chris and Cindy Clark are currently exploring other options for water if mother nature does not help us out.

Sherwood, AR

#9 Jul 14, 2012
Mahoneys did own the track...you clearly don't know what your talking about...
Blah

Lubbock, TX

#10 Jul 14, 2012
The Mahoneys leased the track from the landowners.
someone that does know

United States

#11 Jul 15, 2012
Started out as lease but was bout and then sold out from under one of the partners. Sometimes people need to just mind their own business. If you are a racing know it all then you would have known that.
Racing Know it All

Memphis, TN

#12 Jul 15, 2012
Alrighty, who is the current owner then?
someone who does know

United States

#13 Jul 15, 2012
After Harold Mahoney bought it he sold it to Butch Rice. Anything else.
Anonymous

New Orleans, LA

#14 Jul 16, 2012
Butch Rice owns the track and has that Cindy Clark was given 2 weeks to pay the lease. It is said that if she does not pay Stallion is supposed to make it the best quarter mile track in the state. Any more questions?
wow

Searcy, AR

#15 Jul 17, 2012
But what is so funny about the whole thing is that Cindy Clark did not sign a lease with Butch Rice....
love makin

Salem, AL

#16 Oct 28, 2012
What's the updates gonna open back up next year
Badger Mom

Beebe, AR

#17 Oct 29, 2012
So what IS gonna happen?
Anonymous

Dallas, TX

#18 Oct 31, 2012
My dad is good friends with coach elis and they are bring in new dirt and fixing the stands. He said that they are supposed to be opened back up by next yea.
luvracin

Plano, TX

#19 Dec 8, 2012
Beebe Speedway will open back up, renovations are now in progress
Super Fast

Maumelle, AR

#20 Dec 11, 2012
Who is working on it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beebe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
most crooked cops in beebe over the years?? 4 hr Riggs 11
derek beasley (Sep '16) Tue Former Badger 12
boycot under armor Tue Team Kelly 5
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep 12 dirt reynolds 121
News More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) Sep 11 ABBB 10,204
librariansism is a mental disodor Sep 9 dirt reynolds 5
Beebe Schools Sep 8 trace 6

Beebe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beebe Mortgages