concerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

So I hear the owner of Mazzio's, Ron Tapely, went up to the store Sunday and cleaned the safe out while also"borrowing" the ass manager's key. Then today he goes up there and tells them he's filing bankruptcy and closing the store. And thier last paycheck, which is 4 day late already, they will not be getting.
always~hope

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

concerned citizen wrote:
So I hear the owner of Mazzio's, Ron Tapely, went up to the store Sunday and cleaned the safe out while also"borrowing" the ass manager's key. Then today he goes up there and tells them he's filing bankruptcy and closing the store. And thier last paycheck, which is 4 day late already, they will not be getting.
Sure hope not! Love that place!
Big nasty

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

[QUOTE who="always~hope"] <quoted text>Sure hope not! Love that place![/QUOTE]

It's true.
mccoy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Thats all true. We are not getting our paychecks. I work there. Well i did work there.
sorry 2c it go

Jacksonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

But now I understand why they were "out" of what I ordered a short time ago. Apparently he was letting his inventory run down while planning to close. It's terrible that Beebe is losing another food establishment, especially one that had been successful for so many years. So sorry for the unpaid employees, too. Good luck to each of you on finding new work!
always~hope

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

I just order Pizza Friday and talked to them yesterday. Crazy!
sorry 2c it go

Jacksonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Not sure about Arkansas law or procedure, but employees should be able to file a claim in the possible bankruptcy case, and wages might be put ahead of some of the other claims. Employees should get together, pool resources, and seek info on how to proceed as quickly as possible.

Sherwood, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

It really sad to see that happen to the employees.

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

sorry 2c it go wrote:
Not sure about Arkansas law or procedure, but employees should be able to file a claim in the possible bankruptcy case, and wages might be put ahead of some of the other claims. Employees should get together, pool resources, and seek info on how to proceed as quickly as possible.
They need to contact the labor board ASAP if they are not being paid for time worked. They can get assistance with that at no cost
Legacy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

I hate to see this because Mr. Bill that ran Mazzios before he passed away was so wonderful. He was always willing to help any community group by lowering the cost of the pizza. I had heard this before it hit topix and I could not believe out of human compassion, a person would not call all the employees and let them know they were closing the doors. I guess the same thing happened at Yarnells though. A sign of the pitiful economic times I'm afraid.
always~hope

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Legacy wrote:
I hate to see this because Mr. Bill that ran Mazzios before he passed away was so wonderful. He was always willing to help any community group by lowering the cost of the pizza. I had heard this before it hit topix and I could not believe out of human compassion, a person would not call all the employees and let them know they were closing the doors. I guess the same thing happened at Yarnells though. A sign of the pitiful economic times I'm afraid.
Yarnells was turned around. So will Mazzios.
concerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Well they finally got there checks after someone called 7 on your side. The manager called the employees and passed them out in the parking lot.
always~hope

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Been hard to get Pizza in Beebe. Pizza Hut has a two hr wait and ran out of two kinds of dough. We could use a Papa Johns
smartone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Pizza Hut gives me the shits, they won't get my money

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Beebe Discussions

Search the Beebe Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 3 hr cool dude 9,717
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr What 27,904
danny goodman 9 hr look 1
Jonathan Walker 10 hr Jilted lily 1
Walmart employee died 10 hr onTheblood 9
Jason curtsinger 12 hr lmao 1
Marshall fricker 13 hr lol 9
•••

Flood Warning for White County was issued at April 20 at 9:00PM CDT