Question about Prosperity, Kentucky

Question about Prosperity, Kentucky

Posted in the Bee Spring Forum

Seattleite

Dayton, VA

#1 Feb 18, 2011
Hello,

I am not from Kentucky, and I have never visitied, but I recently found out I have ancestors from Prosperity, Kentucky. I have not been able to find much information on this small community, so I am wondering if anyone here can help me.

I am under the impression that Prosperity is a very small community and not a city. Is this correct? Which city is it a part of? Where would I look, or who could I contact for records from late 1800's - early 1900's?

Thanks.
EdCoHistory

United States

#2 May 25, 2011
Hello. Search for the Edmonson County Kentucky genealogy website. There should be some information on Prosperity or at least someone who you can contact. I know the community was located in Bee Spring on Salem Church Road. All that's left really is a concrete porch from what used to be a store. Good luck!
Seattleite wrote:
Hello,
I am not from Kentucky, and I have never visitied, but I recently found out I have ancestors from Prosperity, Kentucky. I have not been able to find much information on this small community, so I am wondering if anyone here can help me.
I am under the impression that Prosperity is a very small community and not a city. Is this correct? Which city is it a part of? Where would I look, or who could I contact for records from late 1800's - early 1900's?
Thanks.
hey

United States

#3 Jun 13, 2011
i live on salem road, who are your ancestors?
Seattleite

Stanwood, WA

#4 Jul 3, 2011
Thanks, EdCoHistory! I will look into it.

@Hey: My ancestors were the Curnutte Family. Do you know of them by chance?

If not, could you give me some information about Prosperity and what Salem Church road is like? I would really love some photos if possible.

I would be happy to share an email address with you if you would like to get in contact with me.
Seattleite

Stanwood, WA

#5 Jul 3, 2011
hey wrote:
i live on salem road, who are your ancestors?
I just replied to your post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bee Spring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Pedigo aka John pussigo 19 min Tired 7
Dan Hargis why can't you keep a job? 19 min riotgirl 22
Jason stanka and Andrea eastman 36 min Just for info 1
TV viewing without cable 1 hr hello 9
Bursting the White Privilege Bubble 2 hr Southerners suck 6
Zionism = Racist Bigoted Hateful Segregation 2 hr herzl thedor 666 8
Best chiropractor in bg (Nov '10) 3 hr Attorney 6

Bee Spring Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance