Teen Who Contracted Staph Infection Dies

Teen Who Contracted Staph Infection Dies

There are 31 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 16, 2007, titled Teen Who Contracted Staph Infection Dies. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A high school student who was hospitalized for more than a week with an antibiotic-resistant staph infection has died, and officials shut down 21 schools for cleaning to keep the illness from spreading.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Disgusted

United States

#1 Oct 16, 2007
And which "people group" has brought MRSA into the U.S. in huge numbers? Another societal "gift" from the hard-working illegal aliens. Wake up, people!
Disguted with Disgusted

United States

#2 Oct 16, 2007
Oh, BS! Resistant staph infections have been here all along, you idiot. You sound like the Nazis who spread propaganda about how Jews were carriers of numerous social diseases. I suppose you received your information from Rush "gimme drugs, gimme drugs" Bimbo or the "fair and balanced" Fox News Channel. You wake up!
South Side _ North Side

Twin Lakes, WI

#3 Oct 16, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
And which "people group" has brought MRSA into the U.S. in huge numbers? Another societal "gift" from the hard-working illegal aliens. Wake up, people!
Wow. I bet that no one ever mistakes you for an educated and rational individual. Maybe the person who translated this into idiot for you skipped over the portion of the article explaining how the spread of staph infection is related to the bacteria in locker rooms and the sharing of dirty, sweaty sports equipment. Your "logic" is frighteningly hilarious.
DNA Doc

Springfield, IL

#4 Oct 16, 2007
"And which "people group" has brought MRSA into the U.S. in huge numbers? Another societal "gift" from the hard-working illegal aliens. Wake up, people!"

What "people group"? How about middle class Americans who use soaps and cleaners laden with antibiotics and run to the doctor for a script for every little infection?
if only you knew

AOL

#5 Oct 16, 2007
he didn't die from MRSA, he died from a blood clot near his heart staunton River had it under control and lazy high schooler wanted to get out of class to show "support" for the death of their class mate. The disease was contained the idiotic people were not. Now just shut the hell up.
oh please

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Oct 16, 2007
These bacterial infections used to be only in hospital settings. They are now common outside hospitals as well. I learned quite a bit about them this year as I battled a MRSA infection for 8 months These are "super bugs" that have grown resistant to most every drug. You can't blame immigrants for this.
Trisha

Owensboro, KY

#7 Oct 16, 2007
How tragic and very scarey at the same time. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
JMS

Bloomingdale, IL

#8 Oct 16, 2007
Has to do with indiscriminate use of antibiotics and hand cleansers with antibiotics. Stop using them!
Diane

Columbus, OH

#9 Oct 16, 2007
For AOL, CA-MRSA is what caused the blood clot. When it is not diagnosed and treated quicky, it can kill within 72 hours. I know. I had it. I survived it. This was a classic case of mis-diagnosis.
Julie Adams

Chicago, IL

#10 Oct 16, 2007
For all of your information.. MRSA and other infections of the type .. "flesh eating" bacterias.. come from our (illegal and non-illegal) indiscriminate use of anti-biotics.. with hand washes, body shampoos.. and most of all cosuming meat and dairy products.. as well as eggs.. from animals that are pumped up with antibiotics from the producers to prevent loss.. and illness in their stock.. so stop eating meat, dairy and eggs.. or purchase organic.. and if the doc prescribes you an anti-biotic.. take the WHOLE prescription as directed.. most just stop when they feel better.. but you create resistant strains.. but to be honest the hormones and anti-biotics we get from meat, eggs, dairy on a daily basis is the biggest contributor.. and it's gonna get worse!!
Carl

Chicago, IL

#11 Oct 16, 2007
Digusted in LaGrange is a moron. No immigrant group has brought this in. Early diagnosis is the key. A school clean up makes no sense since the bacteria is everywhere on every surface. I should know, I have had it twice.
Clarence

United States

#12 Oct 16, 2007
I see illegal aliens coming into this country are not responsible for a lot of diseases that were taught to have been completely eradicated, and are now making a big comeback such as TB. I know who is responsible for MSRA and other types of diseases making a big comeback. The party responsible is the Democratic Congress, wacko Kennedy and goofy Pelosie.
oh please

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Oct 17, 2007
I thought it was Bush's fault. LOL
Clarence wrote:
I see illegal aliens coming into this country are not responsible for a lot of diseases that were taught to have been completely eradicated, and are now making a big comeback such as TB. I know who is responsible for MSRA and other types of diseases making a big comeback. The party responsible is the Democratic Congress, wacko Kennedy and goofy Pelosie.
Harry

Wichita, KS

#14 Oct 17, 2007
oh please wrote:
I thought it was Bush's fault. LOL
<quoted text>
.

Nah !........It's Clarence's relatives .

.
Clarence

Temple City, CA

#15 Oct 17, 2007
No if you read the recent AMA article the flesh eating disease was brought into this country by outsiders. Let's call them illegal aliens. Whatever the problem is more people are dying from MSRA then Aids so why isn't the media, and all the politicians standing up and screaming like they did when the aids epidemic started. They should be pumping millions into a cure for MSRA.
Harry

Wichita, KS

#16 Oct 17, 2007
Clarence wrote:
No if you read the recent AMA article the flesh eating disease was brought into this country by outsiders. Let's call them illegal aliens. Whatever the problem is more people are dying from MSRA then Aids so why isn't the media, and all the politicians standing up and screaming like they did when the aids epidemic started. They should be pumping millions into a cure for MSRA.
.

As I said !........It's Clarence's relative's fault.
Clarence

Temple City, CA

#17 Oct 17, 2007
Harry do you have any relatives that are illegal here in the US? I sure would like to turn them in to Customs.
museicgal

West Palm Beach, FL

#18 Oct 17, 2007
Clarence wrote:
Harry do you have any relatives that are illegal here in the US? I sure would like to turn them in to Customs.

As far as I Know, Harry doesn't have any illegal relatives....but I do. They're illegal ALIENS from the planet YABALONEY!!That's who's spreading this latest blight.Yessiree. In fact,their whole staff has staph! It's from that "unknown" substance their alien spacecrafts leave behind. Now, spread this:+)!!!!
byron vaughn

Nashville, TN

#19 Oct 17, 2007
South Side _ North Side wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I bet that no one ever mistakes you for an educated and rational individual. Maybe the person who translated this into idiot for you skipped over the portion of the article explaining how the spread of staph infection is related to the bacteria in locker rooms and the sharing of dirty, sweaty sports equipment. Your "logic" is frighteningly hilarious.
Are you out of your too open mind? Why do think the stapfh outbreak has just down happened. You seem to want to be oblivious to theillegal invasion ane their attendent diseases which are not checked. Do you think that the money made off cheap labor to businesses is worth it?
Harry

United States

#20 Oct 17, 2007
byron vaughn wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you out of your too open mind? Why do think the stapfh outbreak has just down happened. You seem to want to be oblivious to theillegal invasion ane their attendent diseases which are not checked. Do you think that the money made off cheap labor to businesses is worth it?
.

W O W !!!...... JUST, W O W !!!

Your statement(?)is WAY too ignorant to even warrant a response !

With the fragmented thoughts, misspellings, and faulty logic ------- You sure haven't represented the State of Tennessee very well !

In fact,..... you should be downright ashamed !

Go get an education !!!!

.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trying to locate Oct '17 winklewillhave1 1
Call the Police and report your local drug dealer. (Sep '11) Sep '17 Zzz 2
dixie bowling (Jan '17) Sep '17 Dam 2
hang out Jul '17 not from here 1
News Roanoke man, woman arrested for prostitution in... (Mar '12) Jun '17 Julius C Garcia 27
Don't go there (Mar '17) Mar '17 Dr pepper 1
Amy Wilson (Mar '17) Mar '17 Yep 1

Bedford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bedford Mortgages