Woman, Daughter Hold Signs To Avoid T...

Woman, Daughter Hold Signs To Avoid Time In Jail

There are 64 comments on the WFMZ story from Nov 3, 2009, titled Woman, Daughter Hold Signs To Avoid Time In Jail. In it, WFMZ reports that:

A woman and her daughter spent four hours today outside the Bedford County Courthouse holding signs saying they stole from a girl on her birthday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
What

Macungie, PA

#1 Nov 3, 2009
She shouldn't have been shopping at Walmart anyway...they put the little guys out of business.
ok then

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Nov 3, 2009
What wrote:
She shouldn't have been shopping at Walmart anyway...they put the little guys out of business.
Dont feel bad for the little girl that got her gift card stolen. God for bid you should have compassion for a child. Good thing it wasnt my kid they stole from. I would have drove by the courthouse and kicked their a@@
camera

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Nov 3, 2009
I like this kind of punishment. What they did was wrong...but I'd rather save the space in the jails for the violent crime offenders.
get real

Monroe, NC

#4 Nov 3, 2009
I love it!

Embarrassment might be the key to ending some senseless crimes. And the nine year old girl should be able to throw eggs at them ... just for spite.
get real

Monroe, NC

#5 Nov 3, 2009
What wrote:
the story is about wrong-doing, not economics.

stick to the story.
Byron

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Nov 3, 2009
I agree with camera. More of this punsihment should occur!
Not Amazed

Lehighton, PA

#7 Nov 3, 2009
What a fantastic idea. I think it would be even better if they were wearing them like tents and had to walk around.
What

Macungie, PA

#8 Nov 3, 2009
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
the story is about wrong-doing, not economics.
stick to the story.
Isn't it wrong to put the little guys out of business?
reading pa

Columbus, NJ

#9 Nov 3, 2009
wht better punishment then having to sit there and let everyone know wht you have done; having to go thru that embarrasment might have them thinking of not to do something like that again; specially stealing from a lil' girl.
Bryan

Allentown, PA

#10 Nov 3, 2009
Scumbags!
Lester Livershits

Kearny, NJ

#11 Nov 3, 2009
crazy low life loosers
cat

San Francisco, CA

#12 Nov 3, 2009
Where were the parents and or adult guardian of this 9 year old girl? Shouldnt they have been with her, keeping watch of the girft card to begin with? Seriously how do you put something down, have someone walk up and swipe it?
I dont think what 2 adults did was correct. However, at the same token, its 2009 and you cant just put down money and not expect it to dissapear.
meee

Bethlehem, PA

#13 Nov 3, 2009
If the little guy went out of business because of Walmart, it would have happened anyway. Most little guys are overpriced in the first place. Walmart must be doing something right.
As for the punishment, I think it is great. The punishment should fit the crime.
Bill

Allentown, PA

#14 Nov 3, 2009
Just anotehr shining example of mother daughter love. The mother and daughter who steal together, shold actually go to jail together.
just dandy

United States

#15 Nov 3, 2009
punishment to fit the crime? In the old days they used to cut off a hand. These people have no conscience. Get that lady out of the chair and have her carry Walmart customer's bags to their cars. Just sitting there does nothing.
Porky

Schnecksville, PA

#16 Nov 3, 2009
two words "public stoneing" (Not for these examples of stupidity), but for those who commit violent crimes.....this is just one step closer......great JOB!!
walters family slatington

Bethlehem, PA

#17 Nov 3, 2009
There families must be real PROUD of them .I hope the old bat has no granddaughters nine years old or the other has a daughter nine years old if so keep your distence you too are not good EXAMPLES for our little ones
why why why

Bethlehem, PA

#18 Nov 3, 2009
do we not got it together in life we must take from children
no name

Allentown, PA

#19 Nov 3, 2009
get real wrote:
I love it!
Embarrassment might be the key to ending some senseless crimes. And the nine year old girl should be able to throw eggs at them ... just for spite.
I love it too & I would pay to see the little girl throw the eggs at them. What losers takeing from a 9 year old.
Ralphy

Douglassville, PA

#20 Nov 3, 2009
They should bring back the following:
In colonial America, the troublemakers were punished in the center of town for the entire public to see. Locked in wooden frameworks in the town square, they served their time while the town people scoffed at them. Two types of framework punishment were:

Pillory - this framework had holes for the criminal's head and hands to stick through while they stood up. Once locked in they might get rotten fruit or other items thrown at them. The wrongdoer was condemned to carry out his punishment in rain or shine or freezing weather.

Stocks - it had holes in it which the troublemaker's ankles were locked while setting down.

Whipping posts - where a criminal might be whipped before the whole town.

Maybe we'd have less population in our jails.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police log (Aug '08) Jul '15 none 23
vote bedford county district attorney kristi... (Apr '11) Mar '15 Barb 7
How can this be what has happen to PA (Jul '14) Sep '14 Sweetjem 3
News REVEALED: DA prosecuting kid for raunchy Jesus ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 seatofpants 1
News Pennsylvania Teenager Simulates Oral Sex With J... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Ursabolt 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bedford, PA (Jan '12) Aug '14 John Roberts 10
@BedfordPenn: Woman says Bedford County Pa DA B... (Dec '10) Aug '14 John Roberts 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bedford Mortgages