Hunter, 15, shot by another in south-central Pa.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission says a 15-year-old deer hunter was accidentally shot by a fellow hunter who was putting his rifle into a storage case. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
TREY

Allentown, PA

#1 Dec 3, 2008
haha!
SpyRyder

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Dec 3, 2008
Looks like the hunters have more to fear, than the deers do!
Smilin Jack

Stroudsburg, PA

#3 Dec 3, 2008
Since when can a 10 year old be a licensed hunter? Must be more to this...a farmer's son?

;)
Joe Dirt

Berlin, MD

#4 Dec 3, 2008
Hunters 0 - Deer 3 Now

“You got the wrong person”

Since: Aug 07

Hellertown, PA

#5 Dec 3, 2008
Doesn't this doofus know to unload his rifle before putting it away?
laid off from victaulic

AOL

#6 Dec 3, 2008
Hunters 250,000 - Deer 3
Hole Cammels

Hazleton, PA

#7 Dec 3, 2008
Wiser Time wrote:
Doesn't this doofus know to unload his rifle before putting it away?
Too bad the infield of the phillies weren't standing nearby
mac8

AOL

#8 Dec 3, 2008
Accidents do happen, look at all the coo coo's in car every day, I feel safer in the woods anyday than on US22 or I-78... I don't even hunt anymore.

Since: Apr 08

Easton, PA

#9 Dec 3, 2008
The kid wants to be Vice President someday. Thought shooting his friend was good for the resume.
Fellow 22 driver

United States

#10 Dec 3, 2008
Smilin Jack wrote:
Since when can a 10 year old be a licensed hunter? Must be more to this...a farmer's son?
;)
Actually it's called a mentor program the game commission allows. You have to be with a licensed hunter in oder to hunt. I believe it is on the commission's website the details. Nothing to do with dad being a farmer!
It is just you - kinda

Allentown, PA

#11 Dec 3, 2008
These hunters can go play wide receiver for the Giants. I hear they have an opening.
American Woman

Saylorsburg, PA

#12 Dec 3, 2008
Under 18 should NOT be allowed to hunt. PERIOD.
PLAY BALL

United States

#13 Dec 3, 2008
Is it toe...I mean doe season?
Brian

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Dec 3, 2008
American Woman wrote:
But by all means, let's send them over seas to be shot at, wounded or even killed. Give me a break! Accidents happen even to those whom are extremely carefully. I assume you are careful and haven't done anything accidentally?! I agree with the gentlemen - I would rather take my chances in the woods than on ANY road.
JOKE

Pittston, PA

#15 Dec 3, 2008
Yet again another hunting "accident". I'll tell you what its soon time for me to pick up hunting as a hobby so I can go on a hunting trip with people I want to "get rif of".

Me: I don't know officer it was an "accident"

Cop : It's ok, you are free to go.

Where are all these ban all guns people now? Guarenteed 95% of the comments on here after a robbery or a homicide in the city about banning guns are made by someone who hunts.

If you are for banning all guns, then there should be no exceptions.
Tony

Kingston, PA

#16 Dec 3, 2008
So this story deserves front page coverage? It's a fact these things happen although ideally they shouldn't, it's the chance every hunter takes. Everyone one wants to be safe but these things happen from time to time. Every hunter knows about the danger like this but when you look at it, these occurrences are very small when including the thousands of hunters in the field.
B Klinger

Sparta, NJ

#17 Dec 3, 2008
sounds like a typical summer weekend in Allentown!!
American Woman

Saylorsburg, PA

#18 Dec 3, 2008
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
But by all means, let's send them over seas to be shot at, wounded or even killed. Give me a break! Accidents happen even to those whom are extremely carefully. I assume you are careful and haven't done anything accidentally?! I agree with the gentlemen - I would rather take my chances in the woods than on ANY road.
And what 15 year old do you know that is in the military, you moron...
Fellow 22 driver

United States

#19 Dec 3, 2008
American Woman wrote:
I agree and my husband and I hunt. I think they should require they take the hunters safety course first, in stead they allow the children to hunt and the bad thing is in most situations the father or whomever that child is hunting with is more than likely to shoot the deer and the child to claim it making it unfair for other hunters out there. I was 12 when I started hunting and passed teh safety course which teachs the children soooo much and they should have to do that in order to hunt. It irritates me when people point the finger at farm children when anyone can do this. Farm children have no other privledges than other children out there.
courage

Oldwick, NJ

#20 Dec 3, 2008
i dont think you should hunt if you are not able to be responsible... i understand accidents happen... but when you are around a loaded weapon safety measures should be taken at all times while out in the woods... Good luck to all those who were injured...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How can this be what has happen to PA Sep 29 Sweetjem 3
REVEALED: DA prosecuting kid for raunchy Jesus ... Sep 26 seatofpants 1
Pennsylvania Teenager Simulates Oral Sex With J... Sep '14 Ursabolt 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bedford, PA (Jan '12) Aug '14 John Roberts 10
@BedfordPenn: Woman says Bedford County Pa DA B... (Dec '10) Aug '14 John Roberts 6
Troopers and DA (Mar '14) Jul '14 Janet 3
Old Citya s New Parisian Flower Shop/Wedding Fl... Jun '14 AddySmith 1
Bedford Dating
Find my Match

Bedford Jobs

Bedford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bedford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bedford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]