Parents Chase Refunds as Main Street Arts Founder Denies Wrongdoing in Center's Closure

Dec 7, 2011 Full story: Patch.com 9

John Burton said his biggest challenge now is quelling the negative rumors around the news that the organization he co-founded, Main Street Arts Children's Theater , will fold in February.

Full Story
concerned educator

Moodus, CT

#1 Dec 11, 2011
John Burton and Paul Perez owe a number of dance teachers and parents, as well as the former owners of Bramson's Music,, Dance Naiad and Encore Dance Arts, a considerable amount of money.

I hope that the courts catch up with them before they either declare bankruptcy or skip town.
Encore Parent

Somers, NY

#2 Dec 14, 2011
According to the Westchester County online records, the former owners of Bramson's have just won their lawsuit against John Burton and Paul Perez! Burton and Perez have been ordered to appear on February 1st to discuss the settlement terms.

One small step towards making things right...
parent

Yonkers, NY

#3 Dec 22, 2011
john actually owes the money not paul
responding to parent

East Hartford, CT

#4 Dec 29, 2011
Actually, both John Burotn and Paul Perez purchased Encore Dance, and Bramson's Music. The Bramson's contract is posted on the internet, and both are named in the lawsuit Barbara Bramson just won.

They are equally 'on the hook' for breaching both contracts.
BIG BAD DIESEL

East Northport, NY

#5 Jan 8, 2012
JOHN BURTON IS A FUTURE MADOFF AND FULL OF B.S.
yeah yeah

Peekskill, NY

#6 Jan 19, 2012
Would love to be in court to see them own up
Final Say

Brewster, NY

#7 Feb 26, 2013
And it turns out you were all wrong. Shame on all of you. Burton fully vindicated. He was a gentleman the whole way through. Never believe what you read online. Ever.
imcrazed

Islip Terrace, NY

#8 Mar 5, 2014
burton was vindicated???? how can that be???? he still owes money to my daughter who taught for him-he is the lowest of the low-a scam artist who took advantage of his employees that trusted him and his scam director scottie fernandez.
imcrazed

Islip Terrace, NY

#9 Mar 5, 2014
Final Say wrote:
And it turns out you were all wrong. Shame on all of you. Burton fully vindicated. He was a gentleman the whole way through. Never believe what you read online. Ever.
you do not know what you are talking about...he is the lowest of the low-he still owes plenty of people money-people who worked for him and were promised wages and received nothing but lies-shame on YOU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bedford Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
March 6: Elephants, Obama and the English language 1 hr John McCharlie 14
Hillary Clinton email trove under review for re... Thu Jeff Brightone 1
Review: King David Memorial Chapel, Inc. Feb 16 friend2013 1
to whom it may concern (Dec '11) Feb 11 wowangeloyourefunny 15
Regrading (Jun '12) Feb 10 ATVrider 2
Gertrude Berg's Home (May '11) Dec '14 Peter Roy 2
3 arrested in drug raid on Danbury apartment (Oct '07) Jun '13 neighborhood watch 127

Bedford Hills News Video

Bedford Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bedford Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:06 am PST

Bleacher Report11:06AM
After Marshall Trade, Bears Must Make Decision on Cutler