Another MSU Program bites the dust

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MSU Staff

Beckley, WV

#1 Nov 12, 2011
MSU is not releasing the contents of a 30+ page letter stating that the Ultrasound Program is now on probation and will likely lost accreditation. Wow another program bites the dust!
No surprised

Tarboro, NC

#2 Nov 12, 2011
Bet their online program is being hit hard. Sad for them. The executive level needs to be hung out for the failure of this program.
wondering

United States

#3 Nov 13, 2011
How do you know this? Where can I find proof of this?
No Proof Just Rumor

Beckley, WV

#4 Nov 13, 2011
There is no proof of this, just a vicious lie and a rumor.

Get smart people. These posters are just morons hiding behind a computer screen making up lies.

"MSU Staff" is a bald faced cowardly liar. Plain and simple.
all accreditationwil lgo

Beckley, WV

#5 Nov 13, 2011
All the programs may go down with the HLC in question. If you do not have this minimal basic accreditation the others will be in jepordy.

I wonder if the the NLN will let Jessica
Sharp survive with the masters degree. I wonder how if she can survive under the broken Artis. She has put 100% of her poker chips with Artis...this is daring to say the least.
MSU Staff wrote:
MSU is not releasing the contents of a 30+ page letter stating that the Ultrasound Program is now on probation and will likely lost accreditation. Wow another program bites the dust!
Heard before

Tarboro, NC

#6 Nov 13, 2011
No Proof Just Rumor wrote:
There is no proof of this, just a vicious lie and a rumor.
Get smart people. These posters are just morons hiding behind a computer screen making up lies.
"MSU Staff" is a bald faced cowardly liar. Plain and simple.
Same thing was said about the nursing program. Now look where that is now.
Students listen carefully

United States

#7 Nov 14, 2011
To be short and to the point:

Trust these horrible people and you will be burned.

They only car your themselves and a incompetent at even running a yard sale much less a university.

A Show Cause Order is only the beginning of their problems.

MUCH MORE IS TO COME. BEWARE. THEIR ENIMIES PENDING LAW SUITES, AMONG OTHER FACTORS WILL BE VERY VERY BAD FOR ALL CONCERNED IN THE NEAR FUTURE. MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE THIS IS A WORTHY GOAL NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES...EVEN IF ITS 25 YEARS.
ErinT1234

Tarboro, NC

#8 Nov 14, 2011
I contacted the higher education burea who accredits MSU. They informed me that MSU is on a show/cause order which means they are on probation BUT no decision will be made until July 2012 so all this talk about them having lost it already and more programs losing it, is bogus. I am in the sonography program and I called to make sure myself so please stop wasting your time posting bull crap and get a life!
Correction

Tarboro, NC

#9 Nov 15, 2011
ErinT1234 wrote:
I contacted the higher education burea who accredits MSU. They informed me that MSU is on a show/cause order which means they are on probation BUT no decision will be made until July 2012 so all this talk about them having lost it already and more programs losing it, is bogus. I am in the sonography program and I called to make sure myself so please stop wasting your time posting bull crap and get a life!
Show cause order pertains to regional accreditation. Not specialized program accreditation. The thread pertains to the later.
Ultrasound

Ridgeview, WV

#10 Nov 15, 2011
I just finished the nursing program at MSU and heard the ultrasound rumor on campus from some pretty reliable people.... I heard it was going to be announced soon. Could be a lie but I'm buying it. After all, I bought into the "the nursing program is fine" rumor and now I'm up crap creek without a paddle. For the students sake, I hope it's a lie but I learned the hard way - BE SUSPICIOUS and DON'T BELIEVE A WORD YOU HEAR IF IT'S IN YOUR FAVOR.... People like to pacify others.
MSU Stockholm MSU

United States

#11 Nov 17, 2011
All the programs are in trouble with the current status of the Show Cause.

MSU will not recover even if they keep regional for many years.

If you are wise you will go far away from this sick place.
Ultrasound wrote:
I just finished the nursing program at MSU and heard the ultrasound rumor on campus from some pretty reliable people.... I heard it was going to be announced soon. Could be a lie but I'm buying it. After all, I bought into the "the nursing program is fine" rumor and now I'm up crap creek without a paddle. For the students sake, I hope it's a lie but I learned the hard way - BE SUSPICIOUS and DON'T BELIEVE A WORD YOU HEAR IF IT'S IN YOUR FAVOR.... People like to pacify others.
SammySoSo

Tarboro, NC

#12 Nov 17, 2011
MSU Stockholm MSU wrote:
All the programs are in trouble with the current status of the Show Cause.
MSU will not recover even if they keep regional for many years.
If you are wise you will go far away from this sick place.
<quoted text>
That's not going to effect someone who already has their degree and is persuing a masters degree in something else.
MSU Stockholm MSU

United States

#13 Nov 18, 2011
You are completely wrong. Stay and you will find out.

If you do not graduate before the school looses accreditation you will not have a degree that is worth newpaper print.

You are sadly very wrong.

Go to a real school. Remember this advice forwever these words will haunt you for the rest of your life. I promise.
SammySoSo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not going to effect someone who already has their degree and is persuing a masters degree in something else.
Good grief

Tarboro, NC

#14 Nov 18, 2011
SammySoSo wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep telling yourself that. Looks like you will find the truth out the hard way.
socialworkMSU goingdown

United States

#15 Nov 18, 2011
God help them all including the students, faculty, staff, community…

The MSU social work program is accredited for now however the degree has 50% very poor general education classes. NOT TO IMPRESSIVE LOL.

Can you imagine students being proud of a degree from such as school with a show cause order. The school had always been on the lower rung yet is really in trouble now.

The MSU social work faculty is compromised of

A 70+ year old X priest who is a nice person yet will not be able to work much longer (no license to practice)

A 70+ year old chair who’s health is failing quickly and has no power (no license to practice)

Karen who is married to the chair and barely has a master’s degree and is so emotionally fragile that she is of no use and certainly has no power...

The last faculty who is scared of her shadow and barely has a master’s degree.

These faculty cannot go anywhere else and will do ANYTHING to keep their current jobs. They should stand up as professionals and leave. They will not say anything while there because they would be immediately fired.
out of the loop

Brentwood, TN

#16 Nov 18, 2011
socialworkMSU goingdown wrote:
God help them all including the students, faculty, staff, community…
The MSU social work program is accredited for now however the degree has 50% very poor general education classes. NOT TO IMPRESSIVE LOL.
Can you imagine students being proud of a degree from such as school with a show cause order. The school had always been on the lower rung yet is really in trouble now.
The MSU social work faculty is compromised of
A 70+ year old X priest who is a nice person yet will not be able to work much longer (no license to practice)
A 70+ year old chair who’s health is failing quickly and has no power (no license to practice)
Karen who is married to the chair and barely has a master’s degree and is so emotionally fragile that she is of no use and certainly has no power...
The last faculty who is scared of her shadow and barely has a master’s degree.
These faculty cannot go anywhere else and will do ANYTHING to keep their current jobs. They should stand up as professionals and leave. They will not say anything while there because they would be immediately fired.
Wow, being that ANGRY and dissatisfied with yourself must be truly miserable and will make you as ugly on the outside as you are on the inside. Wait, it already has!
SammySoSo

Tarboro, NC

#17 Nov 18, 2011
Good grief wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep telling yourself that. Looks like you will find the truth out the hard way.
Yeah I wouldn't know. You're right. I work on the second floor at Raleigh General as an ultrasound tech (just graduated from MSU) and am persuing my degree in health administration for my masters right now. But what would I know?
Truthat MSU

United States

#18 Nov 18, 2011
Just stating the facts! Get over it. The ugly ones are those perpetuating a fraud at MSU and huring students.
LMAO

Beckley, WV

#19 Nov 18, 2011
out of the loop wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, being that ANGRY and dissatisfied with yourself must be truly miserable and will make you as ugly on the outside as you are on the inside. Wait, it already has!
No, this person is just stating the facts. It is the truth, trust me, I go there.
There you have it

Beckley, WV

#20 Nov 18, 2011
out of the loop wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you barely have a degree. Is that like being sort of pregnant. Either you have a degree or you don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pine lodge nursing home (Jul '11) 14 min Robert 37
Golden Corral 2 hr Leroy spencer 9
lennoxx?????????????? 3 hr Richard 47
Dont understand 3 hr your mom 20
59 news 4 hr Ralph 6
Review: Levin Barry A (Sep '13) 5 hr artdeco 16
Upside-down flag patches on army uniforms. (Aug '13) 14 hr 88 Lima 16

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance