Next Last
new

Pineville, WV

#1 Aug 21, 2009
i am knew in town and was wondering who is the best pediatrician around
Wondering

United States

#2 Aug 21, 2009
I take my son to Oak Hill pediatrics..Ashir is a good DR...I had him at Beckley Pediatrics but Dr Johnson quit seeing patients..they all saw a PA or a Nurse...so I decided to move him..and Dr Ashir sees his patients..he can go to RGH or BARH just as well.
Tylers Mamma

Pineville, WV

#3 Aug 21, 2009
I take my little boys to see Dr. Solari at Pediatric Care unlimited on Harper Rd
Teacher ABC

Beckley, WV

#4 Aug 22, 2009
I also take my child to Dr. Solari. He's a great guy and his office staff and nurse are super-nice people!
momX2

Daniels, WV

#5 Aug 22, 2009
Wondering wrote:
I take my son to Oak Hill pediatrics..Ashir is a good DR...I had him at Beckley Pediatrics but Dr Johnson quit seeing patients..they all saw a PA or a Nurse...so I decided to move him..and Dr Ashir sees his patients..he can go to RGH or BARH just as well.
thats news to me, considering my son saw dr johnson about 3 weeks ago. sometime you may to wait for an appt. but he is well worth the wait
Huntersmommy

Beckley, WV

#6 Aug 22, 2009
Wondering wrote:
Dr. Johnson does still see patients. He only sees them in the afternoons. I choose to only see him but I have seen one of the other two Dr's there as well as the new PA and they were great! Wouldn't take my kids anywhere else in beckley.
mandi

Beckley, WV

#7 Aug 22, 2009
Joni Walker is good... she is located at the mt hope elementary wellness center... ur child doesn't have to attend the school to see her either! she is great with kids and very down to earth... i absolutely love her
kenneth

Tarboro, NC

#8 Aug 23, 2009
my daughter in law takes our grandchildren to dr.johnson they say hes good
momgirl

Pineville, WV

#9 Aug 23, 2009
i take my babies to Dr. Kihami. I love him...when my little was sick in the hospital he called out there all the time to check on her. Even in the middle of the night. He is really busy, but he cares alot about his patients and doesnt mes around if he thinks your child is sick. I would recomend him to anyone!
1 post removed
MEE

Beckley, WV

#11 Aug 24, 2009
I love Dr. Chele Staton..nurse is great, receptionist is very sweet, Dr. Staton is VERY thorough! We went to Dr. Solari VERY briefly, found that his office staff was rude.(I left my debit card at work and didn't have any checks and they got hateful and told me I should've made payment arrangements prior to treatment... I don't need a payment arrangement, just to run back to the office and call back with the credit card number.)
Teacher ABC

Beckley, WV

#12 Aug 25, 2009
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I have never had a problem with Dr. Solari or his staff. Dr. Lucero was different.....he thinks he's God!
mother of two boys

Beckley, WV

#13 Aug 25, 2009
I have always taken my children to see Dr. Lucero. Any time they are sick or we have a problem I call the office and he always sees them that day. I think its great that he won't prescribe antibiotics unless its something my kids really need. Be prepared though, and office visit can take a little while because when he does a yearly check-up he checks them physically, as well as mentally and developmentally. An exam can take up to a half an hour, but if there is a problem he will find it.
Just Me

Charleston, WV

#14 Aug 25, 2009
mother of two boys wrote:
I have always taken my children to see Dr. Lucero. Any time they are sick or we have a problem I call the office and he always sees them that day. I think its great that he won't prescribe antibiotics unless its something my kids really need. Be prepared though, and office visit can take a little while because when he does a yearly check-up he checks them physically, as well as mentally and developmentally. An exam can take up to a half an hour, but if there is a problem he will find it.
Dr. Lucero is a quack. I had a cancerous tumor growing on my spine when I was 9 yrs old. Agonizing pain, loss of bladder control, and he says it was all in my head because I was adopted. 3 yrs later, It's found by another dr. who immediatley knew there was a tumor there just by my symptoms. Thanks to dr. lucero the tumor had grown to the size of a tennis ball, I had to have back surgery to remove it, chemotherapy AND radiation. All because, "it was in my head".

Take your children somewhere else. If there is something wrong with them, it will not be found by this man.
yep

Lubbock, TX

#15 Aug 25, 2009
Dr.lucero's office is rude and doctor Lucero is a good doctor, but I do think he brushes stuff off alot. And the wait is horrible.
gothere

Lubbock, TX

#16 Aug 25, 2009
MEE wrote:
I love Dr. Chele Staton..nurse is great, receptionist is very sweet, Dr. Staton is VERY thorough! We went to Dr. Solari VERY briefly, found that his office staff was rude.(I left my debit card at work and didn't have any checks and they got hateful and told me I should've made payment arrangements prior to treatment... I don't need a payment arrangement, just to run back to the office and call back with the credit card number.)
Dr.Staton and her staff are awesome. They are very sweet and make you feel like you are there number one. I switched from another pediatrician to her and I love it there!
Wondering

United States

#17 Aug 25, 2009
Yeah had the same issues with Lucero...son was sick several times...and he brushed it off..don't get me wrong..Johnson is a good dr....when you get him. Too many of these DR's are letting their nurse confectioner's and PA's do their work for them and I think it is wrong...I think it is just for the money IMO.
Beth

Tarboro, NC

#18 Aug 25, 2009
All you have to do at Dr Johnson's is tell them you want to see him.I've never had any problems. He really cares and if you don't understand something he takes his time to make sure you do.I think he's the best choice around for kids.
Beth

Tarboro, NC

#19 Aug 25, 2009
And the staff is awesome
Wondering

United States

#20 Aug 25, 2009
Why should you have to tell him? It his practice...you should not have to ask for your DR..sorry but you should not..they have all the others, NP's and PA's so they can see 2 times as many patients as before..sorry but that is the way I feel. My Mom had a doc and saw it # times in 10 years...saw the NP's the rest of the time..even at the hospital! Dr's need to doctor.
so true

Lubbock, TX

#21 Aug 26, 2009
Wondering wrote:
Why should you have to tell him? It his practice...you should not have to ask for your DR..sorry but you should not..they have all the others, NP's and PA's so they can see 2 times as many patients as before..sorry but that is the way I feel. My Mom had a doc and saw it # times in 10 years...saw the NP's the rest of the time..even at the hospital! Dr's need to doctor.
I left Dr.Johnson because I never saw doctor Johnson. I believe people need to start branching out from Lucero and Johnson just because there names are popular, and try some of the newer doctors,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can landlord evict a person with a baby in win... (Nov '10) 6 hr Littlee 152
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 8 hr So_da_lish_us 7,330
Recreational marijuana 11 hr 2nd Amendment Adv... 13
Wilbrian Apartments 13 hr ExBwestResident 7
Review: Nighthawk Security (Jan '13) 15 hr concerned American 43
Habaneros 17 hr Canada wondering 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Sun City of grafton 4,390

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance