ICG Coal Miner

Oak Hill, WV

#1 May 4, 2011
Does anyone on here work for them or know anyone that does?

They reached a merger agreement Monday afternoon with ICG, but according to latest info ICG will become part of Arch coal.

Just wondering how this is going to affect the jobs of close to 300 men at ICG Beckley.

Anyone with info will be greatly appreciated.
Merger

Waynesboro, VA

#2 May 5, 2011
If you are not upper level management then I don't think you need to worry about losing your job. Their goal is the same as any coal company= stack the black and make money. Keep up the good work, and keep my lights on!
Rod

Tarboro, NC

#3 May 5, 2011
The Best thing they can do is to get rid of Tommy and his Daddy in law. Eddie Burrell too.
NRG

Charleston, WV

#4 May 5, 2011
Arch coal is one of the better managed coal companies. I have performed work for lots of coal companies and Arch & Consol are my favorites to work with.

Curious that Arch is getting back into WV since it wasn't that long ago that they sold off most of their WV operations.
ICG Coal Miner

Oak Hill, WV

#5 May 14, 2011
NRG wrote:
Arch coal is one of the better managed coal companies. I have performed work for lots of coal companies and Arch & Consol are my favorites to work with.
Curious that Arch is getting back into WV since it wasn't that long ago that they sold off most of their WV operations.
The last rumor I heard about Arch selling off WV operations, was to shake off union ties. I heard they pawned it off on Patriot Coal!? This is only hear-say though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Probation michelle 27 min Michelle 1
VICKI Jones Phondale 49 min Friend 9
Dr Hassan 5 hr Concerned 18
Airport video 6 hr Dollar bill 13
Airport Video (Nov '10) 6 hr Dollar bill 150
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 hr legendfork 4,276
Wv the welfare state 9 hr Think 7

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance