August 22
Maxine

Summersville, WV

#3 Jun 18, 2011
thanks
Jewwls

United States

#4 Jun 19, 2011
My kids will be attending Raleigh County this fall, are the schools pretty good? Is there alot of bullying? Teachers pretty good? They are nervous about going to a new school.

Since: Jun 11

Beckley, WV

#5 Jun 19, 2011
What grades are your kids in and what part of Raleigh County do you live in?
canada_wondering

United States

#6 Jun 20, 2011
Send them to private
kmm

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Jun 20, 2011
Jewwls wrote:
My kids will be attending Raleigh County this fall, are the schools pretty good? Is there alot of bullying? Teachers pretty good? They are nervous about going to a new school.
What schools will they be attending and what grades will they be in?
really

Beckley, WV

#8 Jun 21, 2011
Crab Orchard and Bradley Elementary schools are probably the best. Park is a good middle school. The rest are probably all fairly adequate. The High schools seem all pretty similar. Woodrow probably has more offerings curriculum-wise. Before the rest of the county gets all defensive, these are the schools I am familiar with....
kmm

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Jun 23, 2011
really wrote:
Crab Orchard and Bradley Elementary schools are probably the best. Park is a good middle school. The rest are probably all fairly adequate. The High schools seem all pretty similar. Woodrow probably has more offerings curriculum-wise. Before the rest of the county gets all defensive, these are the schools I am familiar with....
I agree with Crab Orchard and Bradley being the best elem schools. I would have to go with independence middle and high schools. Just my opinion though
Jewels

United States

#10 Jun 24, 2011
kmm wrote:
<quoted text>
What schools will they be attending and what grades will they be in?
One child will be in 3rd and one in 5th. They will attend Soak Creek. Wyoming County middle school starts with grade 5, someone told me its still elementary in Raleigh County. Any info would be great. Thanks.
Jewels

United States

#11 Jun 24, 2011
canada_wondering wrote:
Send them to private
I wish I could but that isnt a option for me at the time. Im just starting a divorce and things are a little rough right now. We havent even got moved yet but I know Im moving that way.
Oh well

Beckley, WV

#12 Jun 24, 2011
kmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Crab Orchard and Bradley being the best elem schools. I would have to go with independence middle and high schools. Just my opinion though
Crab Orchard and Cranberry-Prosperity Elem School, Maxwell Hill.
Shady/Liberty/Independence for High School.
parent

Beckley, WV

#13 Jun 24, 2011
Fifth grade is elementary. Maxwell Hill is good. If you plan on living in a neighborhood longterm, I would choose the Coal City area. Independence Middle and High are really good. Coal City Elementary is alright too. Good luck.
Sugerleaf

United States

#14 Jun 24, 2011
What makes the named schools good?
ha ha

Uneeda, WV

#15 Jun 25, 2011
Sugerleaf wrote:
What makes the named schools good?
Just don't believe everything you read! Crab Orchard school is a school that will put your kids through hell and back again. They and the parents will need a nerve pill before its over.
really

Beckley, WV

#16 Jun 25, 2011
Crab Orchard prepares their kids well. More than one middle school teacher has told me so. Sometimes when people don't agree with a principal or teacher, they say negative things about the school in general. Mrs. Kelly is tough and some of the teachers are tough, but the kids are well-taught and well-disciplined!
kmm

New York, NY

#17 Jun 25, 2011
ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>Just don't believe everything you read! Crab Orchard school is a school that will put your kids through hell and back again. They and the parents will need a nerve pill before its over.
I hate to hear that you had a bad experience with Crab Orchard Elem. We had a bad experience with one of the 3rd grade teachers but she is retiring so that's taken care of!!!
What happened that was do bad there?
canada_wondering

Huntington, WV

#18 Jun 25, 2011
Pray the don't go to Stanaford....
the truth

Beckley, WV

#19 Jun 25, 2011
eVERY HIH SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY HAS TEEN PREGNANCY ISSUES. EVERY HIGH SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY HAS DRUG AND ALCOHOL ISSUES. EVERY HIGH SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY HAS FIGHTS. 99% OF THE PEOPLE WHO SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT WWHS, SAY SO BECAUSE THEY HAVE ONE ISSUE THAT THE OTHER SCHOOLS REALLY DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH. WWHS HAS A LARGE POPULATION OF BLACK STUDENTS. SO IF YOU DO NOT LIKE BLACK PEOPLE OR FOREIGN ( OR CHILDREN OF FOREIGNERS), THEN GO ELSEWHERE. IF YOUR CHILD PLANS TO GO TO COLLEGE, I HATE TO TELL YOU THIS BUT MANY STUDENTS THERE ARE ALSO FOREIGN OR BLACK. I AM NOT BLACK, NOR AM I FOREIGN. I HAD THREE CHILDREN GO THROUGH WWHS. AL THREE WERE IN THE TOP 20, ONE IN THE TOP 5. WE WERE VERY HAPPY WITH WWHS. IF THESE ISSUES ARE NOT THE REASON FOR YOU THAT SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT WWHS, THEN PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY WWHS IS SUCH A HORRIBLE PLACE. NO MATTER WHERE YOUR CHILDREN GO TO SCHOOL, IF THEY GO FOR THE RIGHT REASONS THEY WILL BE VERY SUCCESSFUL. YOU CAN GO TO CHURCH AND FIND A FIGHT IF THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. IF YOU WANT TO BE A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY, ANY OF THE FOUR SCHOOLS WILL PREPARE YOUR CHILD FOR COLLEGE AND LIFE.
just me

Beckley, WV

#20 Jun 25, 2011
You can call the Board of Education and request a ranking report of the schools. It will tell you student/teacher ratio, drop out rate, and west test scores for the school as a whole. Hope this helps

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will john lilly be done at WWHS in 2014? 13 min DA TRUTH 37
Former Lone Star building 28 min Lol 7
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 41 min Yes it is me 58,123
why do black men prefer white women? 1 hr Lol 194
ATV Parts Plus/ Village Idiots 1 hr LOL 7
Imagine Medispa skin care 2 hr FBIWV 3
Even NEWER Word Association 3 hr Still_Angel 29
Top 10 signs why all Christians are crazy Funda... (Apr '11) 5 hr COOTERDOG 302
Officer Bryan atterson 7 hr Jennifer Hardee 18
Murder in Maxwell Hill 9 hr No hope 38
Lewis Nissan is for sale 13 hr Matt Stratford 14
Red lobster 20 hr Dezzi 46
•••
•••
Beckley Dating