Suspicious vehicle call leads to pot ...

Suspicious vehicle call leads to pot bust in Summers Co

There are 131 comments on the www.wvva.com story from May 12, 2010, titled Suspicious vehicle call leads to pot bust in Summers Co . In it, www.wvva.com reports that:

Hinton, W.Va. A Bud, W.Va. man was arrested after a Summers County Deputy responded to a call regarding a suspicious vehicle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wvva.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
bout time

Charleston, WV

#1 May 12, 2010
Surprise, surprise, surprise......The cops in Mullens KNOW what these boys are doing....And they go to Summers County and look a little suspicious and get arrested....Guess all these dope dealers in Mullens need a ride to Summers county...and the boys with him are NO suprise either.....
wvit1001

Charlotte, NC

#2 May 12, 2010
So a 19 year old is caught with 1.5 ounces of pot and they are going to charge him with a felony and ruin his life.

But all that matter is that there's another "dope" dealer arrested.

That War on Drugs is a huge success, isn't it. How about you go have another beer and celebrate.
laughable

AOL

#3 May 12, 2010
Sounds like this guy was profiled based on his vehicle. Was the car "smokin"?
You Are A Moron

United States

#4 May 12, 2010
wvit1001 wrote:
So a 19 year old is caught with 1.5 ounces of pot and they are going to charge him with a felony and ruin his life.
But all that matter is that there's another "dope" dealer arrested.
That War on Drugs is a huge success, isn't it. How about you go have another beer and celebrate.
If you read the artical dumbass you would know that he was caught with 42 grams of weed and a set of digital scales. The weed was packaged in small baggies for sell.
mothers against drugs

Oakland, MD

#5 May 12, 2010
wish we could get drugs off the streets
wvit1001

Charlotte, NC

#6 May 12, 2010
42 grams is 42/28 = 1.5 ounces
azx

United States

#7 May 12, 2010
you can wish all you want it's never going to happen. the Bible says in the end days it's only going to get worse.
Justice System

Charleston, WV

#8 May 12, 2010
He was busted with nine bags of weed, baggies, scales and admitted to having it to sell...so u be the bright one and let him walk and sell to your child.
look around

Sophia, WV

#9 May 12, 2010
You Are A Moron wrote:
<quoted text> If you read the artical dumbass you would know that he was caught with 42 grams of weed and a set of digital scales. The weed was packaged in small baggies for sell.
I think you are the Moron! A weed dealer is the least of our worries in Summers County. These idiots that pass out while they are talking to you or while they are driving, they are using weed. Now don't get me wrong, I think pot dealers ought to have to be slaves from 9 to 5 just like the rest of us & they ought to have to pay taxes on their profits. But this pot bust isn't much to brag about. The true busts that need made won't happen because methadone & suboxene (sp?) are legal.
my view

Romney, WV

#10 May 12, 2010
wvit1001 wrote:
42 grams is 42/28 = 1.5 ounces
So what do you suggest the dealer "age of accountability"? At 18 young adults choose life careers, and many go away to college and are responsible for themselves and their actions. Others are married with children by 19. Why is that too young to deal with the consequences of criminal behavior?

Perhaps the Drug War would move in the right direction if dealers took up residence on death row.
wvit1001

Charlotte, NC

#11 May 12, 2010
Now your saying that a 19 year old with 1.5 ounces of weed should be lined up and shot?
wvit1001

Charlotte, NC

#12 May 12, 2010
Boston University economics professor Jeffrey A. Miron estimates that, nationally, state and local officials spend about $5 billion per year enforcing marijuana laws. Virginia's share of this multibillion-dollar handout to Uncle Sam looks like this:$31 million for police services; $56 million for judicial services; and $12 million for correctional services.

Individual costs

The thousands of persons arrested on marijuana-possession charges in Virginia each year — especially teenagers — pay extra. "Marijuana arrests," Gettman stresses, "make criminals out of otherwise law-abiding citizens. Indeed the primary consequence of marijuana arrests is the introduction of hundreds of thousands of young people into the criminal justice system."

Once a teenager has a criminal record, a number of other penalties often follow. In Virginia, for example, employers can ask job applicants about arrests, even arrests not leading to a conviction, and a criminal record may bar a person from public housing.

Taking a close look at marijuana arrest patterns, Gettman notes that young people are disproportionately targeted. "The brunt of marijuana law enforcement," he says, "falls on both adolescents and the youngest adults — on teenagers. Nationally, almost 17 percent of all persons arrested for possession of marijuana were between 15 and 17 years old. Another 26 percent were age 18 through 20."

http://www.mpp.org/states/virginia/news/pot-l...
Weed is the Start

United States

#13 May 12, 2010
wvit1001 wrote:
Now your saying that a 19 year old with 1.5 ounces of weed should be lined up and shot?
Wish those of you who seem to think such a small amount of weed is of no consequence could talk to my brother-in-law. His son started late in high school doing just a little weed with 'friends'. One thing led to another until the boy is a total mess. He shows up from time to time but his folks have no idea where he is at any time.
wvit1001

Charlotte, NC

#14 May 12, 2010
No actually the first drugs young people do are almost always tobbaco and beer. If you want to ban gateway drugs then you need to start there.
laughable

AOL

#15 May 12, 2010
I'd rather see doctors go to jail for handing out prescriptions like candy than some kid go to jail for a little smoke. There is no doubt which one does more damage. Who is the real "pusher". The real problem lies in people's unquestionable faith in greedy doctors and the legalized suppliers that are set up in every small town.
Wonder why

United States

#16 May 12, 2010
look around wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are the Moron! A weed dealer is the least of our worries in Summers County. These idiots that pass out while they are talking to you or while they are driving, they are using weed. Now don't get me wrong, I think pot dealers ought to have to be slaves from 9 to 5 just like the rest of us & they ought to have to pay taxes on their profits. But this pot bust isn't much to brag about. The true busts that need made won't happen because methadone & suboxene (sp?) are legal.
weed is a lot better than the liquid drug u Hippocrates stink from.Can't talk ,walk ,drive much less make any common sense of any thing.Much less you,r thoughts on the weed.Everyone has to test to see if someone has been smoken the good stuff.Its not to hard to pick out a stinking drunk from any distance.
my view

Romney, WV

#17 May 12, 2010
It's not hard to pick out a head either. And I am all for banning the gateway beer and alcohol. No, I am not in favor of killing off the 19 year old with some weed. But no one really fears the consequences of being caught with intention to sell. I suppose Miron and Gettman are advocates of legalized marijuana. I am not. But this has been the same old debate since before I became aware of it in the early 70s.

And the lab coat dealers are the same as the street dealers. I say this as a health-care provider. I have no sympathy for a physician who injudiciously prescribes addictive medication. The leading cause of accidental death in WV most recently was reported as methadone over-dose. Only a small subset of physicians should be able to prescribe this dangerous medication. But it seems many get it quite easily. Luckily the DEA is starting to investigate and prosecute doctors who abuse prescribing narcotics. There have been too many fatalities from doing so, and lives and families ruined by addiction, as well.
Listen Up

United States

#18 May 12, 2010
The dick head that got busted was selling weed for profit and wouldn't work for a living.
Go West And Stay There

United States

#19 May 12, 2010
You pot heads should go to California with the rest of the freaks.
goat m7

United States

#20 May 12, 2010
l love weed , it makes a cloudy day full of sunshine. and believe me they are many many more of us .
peace out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woodrow Wilson Cheerleaders 12 min Shame 14
natalie and jack 25 min Chc 76
News Beckley man charged with murder 3 hr Injustice 1
Beckley's Catholic Problem 3 hr rcswa 33
Justice for Aaron Williams 3 hr Injustice 6
shannon frazier dead 4 hr JLB 30
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 4 hr The Last Warrior ... 1,580

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance