Presidential Debate
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#1 Oct 3, 2012
I tried to watch the debate with an objective eye, since I knew the debate was not going to influence my decision one way or the other.
I didnt think either one even delivered a standing 8 count much less a knock out.
I think Romney won on points as he just appeared more Presidential.
Obama seemed like he would rather be anywhere but there.
Real facts

Beckley, WV

#2 Oct 3, 2012
Romney tore Obama a new one simple as that. And we heard ( in spite of Obama lies) what Romney really wanted to do and will do if elected. He laid out a Real Plan that made more sense then the past 4 years of Obama's, I will , and it is Bush's fault.

Obama had no facts and had no response and stuttered and without his speech writers and teleprompter had no words.But sat and went over the constant speech we have heard for 4 years and although to his credit some of his plans, on the surface sound good,But , he has done NONE of them and has no plan to do so!!!
1 post removed

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#4 Oct 3, 2012
That wasn't a debate. That was Romney's insisting on hanging himself with his own rope, and Obama's calmly letting him.
bahaha lmao

United States

#5 Oct 3, 2012
Romney took it and ran end of story! He has my vote!! The ppl of wv cant afford 4 more years of Obamas junk!!
it is I

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Oct 3, 2012
hourglass wrote:
That wasn't a debate. That was Romney's insisting on hanging himself with his own rope, and Obama's calmly letting him.
Bill Maher, obamas head cheerleader, on obama: i can't believe i'm saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#7 Oct 3, 2012
it is I wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Maher, obamas head cheerleader, on obama: i can't believe i'm saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter
Chris Matthews almost had a hissy fit.

“Crossing the road”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

I hope I make it!

#8 Oct 4, 2012
Mitt is the winner!

“U want more”

Level 9

Since: Oct 11

The Gap. Tn.

#9 Oct 4, 2012
-BootJack- wrote:
Mitt is the winner!
Yep he sure is!
nemesis

Bluefield, WV

#10 Oct 4, 2012
You listen to this slick-tongued Republican, and he'll do to you what he did to the Companies he bought and destroyed when he was CEO of Bain Capital-fleece you. He's a beech-nut, he has a face on every side.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#11 Oct 4, 2012
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
When Mathews, the chief Obama butt kisser, stops slobbering and fawning over Obama, it should be obvious to everyone who looked like a novice during this debate.

Personally, I have wondered whether or not Obama wanted/wants a second term...
He has no fire and even though the Presidency ages anyone who takes on the job of POTUS, he looked much older and even tired to me, as compared to others who have held the position for the same length of time.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Matthews-O...

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#12 Oct 4, 2012
it is I wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he going to ask for his one million dollars back?:)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#13 Oct 4, 2012
Romney showed he has the knowledge and ability to be our next president. Obama looked like a spoiled little bully thay could not look his opponent in the eye. Romeny was able to refute everything that Obama stated. Did anyone hear Obama reply that he did not waste 90 million dollars on green energy? Some of which went to his friends. For every lie that Obama told Romney had a reply.
By the way who the heck cares that it was Obama's anniversary? That is all you heard all day.
The whole debate date was probably planned around that "sentimental" aspect of campaigning. I don't vote for someone because their wife can stand and tell silly little lies about why they married him.
Chomiuman

United States

#14 Oct 4, 2012
As an independent I'm sick &tired of the reps & dems acting like kids on a playground.(You know who you are). The debate didn't change any facts, despite what the candidates and commentators claimed.
picker2

Beckley, WV

#15 Oct 4, 2012
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthews said last night while he was pitching his fit, that Obama needs to watch him and get ideas what to ask Romney. Yeah right, with all the professional politicians Obama has at his disposal he is supposed to watch this weasel and get ideas, get real. I would like to see Romney debate Matthews and make him bust a vessel.
Big1

Beckley, WV

#16 Oct 4, 2012
Willard won this debate. There is a big differance between winning a debate and winning an election. Willard and his crew has been lowballing his debating skills for a month now. If Willard could walkj on stage abd smile he did better than his socalled debating skills. Didn't Gore and Kerry win their first debates with "W"? How'd that work out for them? Just because you won a debate doesn't mean your policys are right. It just means you expressed yourself a little better than the other guy. Willard made a good argument for bad policy. He will likely get a little boost in the polls after last night, but just wait untill we have time to digest what he said and if and how many times he flip floped from what he has said since the RNC. A good debater can make anything look good untill you step back and take a longer look.
Big1

Beckley, WV

#17 Oct 4, 2012
One more thing. After his performance last night do we change his name from Willard to masterdebater?
Mia Ui lee

Bolivar, MO

#18 Oct 4, 2012
You talk about something funny, just wait till Joe Bitme and Paul Ryan debate!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#19 Oct 4, 2012
Obama had 4 years to express himself. He failed. The bubble is bursting. The frontman is now exposed to the world as a very inept president. The smoking mirror has been removed.
Romeny showed that he can hold his own. He debunked all the lies that Obama has been telling. Why wasn't the 47% brought up? Obama did not want the truth told about that issue. Just like his $3600 in tax cuts. Sure you can cut taxes when there is massive unemployment. Why? How can you tax someone that is not drawing a paycheck? That is a guaranteed tax cut.

VOTE ROMNEY!
1 post removed
Sick and Tired

Beckley, WV

#21 Oct 4, 2012
I am so sick of hearing everyone talk about Mitt Romney's private business ventures. If half of America ever cared to get into business you would know that these decisions have to be made or you will bankrupt yourself. Now anyone who would bankrupt themselves for no reason raise their hand. Obama surely would not bankrupt himself either. Take that out of the equation and you have a good president in Romney.
nemesis

Bluefield, WV

#22 Oct 4, 2012
It's pretty hard to have a debate when the moderator lets one candidate hog the show, butts in, and won't give the other side the opportunity to respond. They need to get a new moderator for the next one, that won't let Romney run the show.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beckley Bars/Bartenders 5 hr TheOnlyAnswerYouNeed 8
Glen's Towing 7 hr Pickled Hamster 5
to all who downgrade the Moose Lodge (Jul '11) 18 hr Willie Harris 117
Raleigh General Hospital is AWFUL (Sep '10) 20 hr Samantha 247
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 21 hr Jon_B 7,160
The Middle Thu TaxationIsTheft 3
wanting to buy running and non running 4-wheelers (Feb '09) Thu Dirtbikes01 11

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance