Delegate Cliff Moore Arrested

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jack Daniels

Beckley, WV

#1 Dec 3, 2011
A southern West Virginia lawmaker faces a drunken driving charge in Ohio.

According to court records, Delegate Clif Moore was cited for operating a vehicle while impaired on Nov. 24 in Columbus, Ohio.

A Columbus police officer stopped his vehicle at a downtown intersection.

The McDowell County Democrat said the incident is more a public embarrassment than anything else.

Dear Delegate Moore:

It may be more of an embarrassment to you, but not to me and many others who have suffered because of a DRUNK DRIVER, like YOU. When you say it mostly an embarrassment, it tells me you have NOT learned a lesson. You must think it is OK to drive 2 tons of steel hurling and weaving down the highway in a state of intoxication. Your reflexes are slowed, your judgment is impaired, your insight and reaction times are altered.

Sir, you need to see a mangled dead body in the hospital morgue. You need to see what damage a drunk driver can cause to an innocent child, mother, father, sister and brother. You need to wake the hell up and get out of your dream world. It is NOT ok to drink and drive. It will be more than just an embarrassment to you come election time. I promise you that.

=====Sincerely, Jack
DUI

Beckley, WV

#2 Dec 3, 2011
Question remains: was he drunk or on pills or pot?

Either could be "driving while impaired"
Moore_s boyfriend

Beckley, WV

#3 Dec 3, 2011
A McDowell County lawmaker is apologizing to his constituents after being charged with drunken driving over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Delegate Clif Moore, D-McDowell, was cited for operating a vehicle while impaired on Nov. 24 in Columbus, Ohio where he was visiting family.

Moore said the offense is his first driving under the influence offense.

“I just apologize profusely for this,” Moore said.“I can assure you, this will never, ever happen again.”

According to Moore, he will appear before a court in Columbus next week in connection with the charge.

Moore serves as assistant majority whip for the West Virginia House of Delegates. Moore has served since 2004 in the House. He now represents the newly created 26th Delegate District, which includes all of McDowell County and approximately 2,000 citizens of Mercer County in the Bramwell, Bluewell and Brushfork areas.

Moore also holds the position of County Manager working under the McDowell County Commission.

Show Delegate Moore the unemployment line come next election
Level 4

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4 Dec 4, 2011
Just one more elected official to add to an ever growing list with the same arrest.
MADD

Beckley, WV

#5 Dec 4, 2011
Yes, the4 same type that will weave and stagger down the highway plaowing into inncent children, and then if the local gossip turns to pills or drugs, point fingers and call names. So many worthless pieces of shit get of of DUIs it makes me sick. What makes me sicker is to see one with a beer in their hand gossiping about who is using drugs. ALcohol, one of the most lethal, notice I did not say legal, on earth. DUH, you beer heads don't think alcohol is a drug, wrong. One of the worst.
MADD 2

Beckley, WV

#6 Dec 4, 2011
Delegate Moore is a black man who appears to be a hypocrite and a bigot. He is not the example we need as a leader of our state. He needs back in the unemployment line for a few more years. Or, working in a morgue cleaning up the bodies of children and adults killed by drivers under the influence. I have one word for him: STUPID.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#7 Dec 4, 2011
MADD 2 wrote:
Delegate Moore is a black man who appears to be a hypocrite and a bigot. He is not the example we need as a leader of our state. He needs back in the unemployment line for a few more years. Or, working in a morgue cleaning up the bodies of children and adults killed by drivers under the influence. I have one word for him: STUPID.
Well, damn, now that I know he's a black man that makes a world of difference. How dare he!

He is stupid for drinking and driving, but I didn't need to know he's black. Somebody else appears to be a bigot to me.
MADD 2

Beckley, WV

#8 Dec 4, 2011
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, damn, now that I know he's a black man that makes a world of difference. How dare he!
He is stupid for drinking and driving, but I didn't need to know he's black. Somebody else appears to be a bigot to me.
Not a bigot there LL, but I would think he should know all about discrimination and bigotry -- don't you? I mean, it is no secret how the whites have continued to repress the black people of America and the world for that matter. Yet, Delegate Moore has made some bigoted votes to support bigoted laws. I am going to expose this drunken two-faced bigot exactly for what he is. Just keep reading.

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#9 Dec 4, 2011
MADD 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a bigot there LL, but I would think he should know all about discrimination and bigotry -- don't you? I mean, it is no secret how the whites have continued to repress the black people of America and the world for that matter. Yet, Delegate Moore has made some bigoted votes to support bigoted laws. I am going to expose this drunken two-faced bigot exactly for what he is. Just keep reading.
Be sure that every and all comments and accusations you Post are verifiable and not just your opinion!
MADD 2

Beckley, WV

#10 Dec 5, 2011
Paladinhgwt wrote:
<quoted text>
Be sure that every and all comments and accusations you Post are verifiable and not just your opinion!
Are you a moronic dipshit, or WHAT? Comments can be opinions..and FACTS are just that, FACTS.

GET A LIFE.
MADD 2

Beckley, WV

#11 Dec 5, 2011
Does Cliff Moore know what its like to have constitutional rights denied because of race? I think he does:
Oct. 18, 2011: Statehood play drama
CHARLESTON, W.Va.-- Month after month, West Virginia is staging events to mark the 150th
anniversary of the Civil War in Appalachia -- and to commemorate convulsive actions that ripped
the Mountain State away from slaveholding Virginia during the war. Another free public program
is set for tonight at the Civic Center's Little Theater.
At 6 p.m., historians John Alexander Williams, John Stealey and Cicero Fain will lead a panel
discussion -- followed at 7 p.m. by an unusual play, "A New Home for Liberty," written by former
state Supreme Court clerk Tom Rodd. The drama recounts equality victories by West Virginia's
first black lawyer, plus stormy debates at two Wheeling conventions that led President Abraham
Lincoln to approve statehood.
Actors in the play are an array of West Virginia political figures: former Rep. Alan Mollohan,
former state Supreme Court Justice Larry Starcher, circuit judges Tod Kaufman, Jay Hoke and
Gary Johnson, Delegate Cliff Moore of McDowell County, Kanawha Magistrate Kim Aaron, Deputy
Attorney General Paul Sheridan and others.

Is he a bigot when it comes to granting those same rights to gays and lesbians? It appears so:

January 2008
Delegates revive marriage protection amendment--

CHARLESTON — Once again, a move is afoot in the House of Delegates to accord West Virginia voters a chance to define marriage as an act between one man and one woman.

Simultaneously, the proposed constitutional amendment would bar same-sex unions.
Delegate Linda Sumner, R-Raleigh, one of 11 sponsors, says she thinks it’s important to bring the matter up for consideration.
Delegate Harold Michael, D-Hardy, is the lead sponsor of the amendment.

Besides him and Sumner, the measure is being sponsored by Delegates Tim Miley, D-Harrison, Rick Moye, D-Raleigh, John Pino, D-Fayette, Brent Boggs, D-Braxton, Patrick Lane, R-Kanawha, John Overington, R-Berkeley, CLIFF MOORE, D-McDowell, William Stemple, D-Calhoun, and House Minority Leader Tim Armstead, R-Kanawha.

"Don't discriminate against black people, but its ok to discrimnate against gays and lesbians." Meanwhile - its ok to drink and drive.

Thank you Cliff Moore. We see your TRUE COLORS!

Location hidden

#12 Dec 5, 2011
You should have included the above comment with the same comment where you identified Moore as black rather than leaving the impression that drinking and driving was somehow worse because he is black. I think you have a legitimate beef with him....but the way you presented it put an erroneous slant on it. I take back my response.
baaaa humbug

AOL

#13 Dec 5, 2011
I'll bet he would interfere in a man who wants to marry his sheep too.
MADD 2

Beckley, WV

#14 Dec 5, 2011
Lesson Learned wrote:
You should have included the above comment with the same comment where you identified Moore as black rather than leaving the impression that drinking and driving was somehow worse because he is black. I think you have a legitimate beef with him....but the way you presented it put an erroneous slant on it. I take back my response.
And I apologize for my rude remarks. I was angered. I have lived in a bigoted and hate filled, hypocritical world for much too long. Yet that is no excuse for my words to you, and I am truly sorry. It is just so hard living in this world with bigots and hypocrites, not having the rights or freedoms that all other Americans have - just because of some religious zealots and cowardly political leaders. Lesson Learned, I do respect you greatly for your willingness to reconsider and I want you to understand that I am not a prejudiced person. I have little tolerance for those are are. And in case you are wondering, I am caucasian.

In the future, I shall give you the same respect you have shown me in all of my future posts. That is a promise.

I hope we all now know what a bigoted hypocritical man Delegate Cliff Moore really is. Has he not seen enough bigoty in his home county of McDowell? It is sad he would support such ignorance and hatred as that which spews from Del.Linda Sumners (R) mouth. He, of all people should KNOW better. Thank you for reading.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 5, 2011
All of us need to be more empathetic and respectful of those who are diferent for whatever reason. We are what we are.

Someone posted this on Facebook and I thought it was worth reposting for others to read.

http://front.moveon.org/two-lesbians-raised-a...

Location hidden

#16 Dec 5, 2011
Why do I get the feeling we will be hearing from this young man again in the future.
past remarks

Beckley, WV

#17 Dec 5, 2011
Lesson Learned wrote:
All of us need to be more empathetic and respectful of those who are diferent for whatever reason. We are what we are.
Someone posted this on Facebook and I thought it was worth reposting for others to read.
http://front.moveon.org/two-lesbians-raised-a...
What hoot for you, of all people, to be saying that. Go back and read some of your own past remarks to others who had different views or opinions. Was someone else using your name at that time? You seemed like the most closed minded person on earth.

Location hidden

#18 Dec 5, 2011
When it comes to freedom of choice I'm on the side of the individual but I have to admit I have no patience with idiots. Say something stupid about something I care about and I will call you on it, just as I did with the above poster when I thought he was being a racist....but I was mistaken.
past comments

Beckley, WV

#19 Dec 5, 2011
Must compliment you on your change of attitude. You have come a long way and "learned a lot of lessons" over the past months. The new improved version of Lesson Learned is a very nice person. The former version would have died before she admitted she made a mistake. Kudos to you for admitting that and kudos for your change of attitude. Previously, no matter how glaring your mistake was, you would not back down. Much better!

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#20 Dec 5, 2011
MADD 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a moronic dipshit, or WHAT? Comments can be opinions..and FACTS are just that, FACTS.
GET A LIFE.
Your Post reveals what a moronic dipshit is. Comments, opinions, directed against a named individual without verifiable proof can be considered internet libel and are not covered under the First Amendment to the Constitution.
Facts are verifiable. Your comments in your one Post references a media source, verifiable from your standpoint iof presentation. It is the responsibility of the media source to have verifiable proof as to the origin. For example, my first sentence is covered by your asking the question in your Posts first sentence.
There have been other individuals who thought they were covered by the First Amendment to Post whatever they wanted. Successful legal action was taken against the individual by the libeled party. One such award was for an amount exceding $400,000 plus all court costs.
Topix is a very liberal site when it comes to Posting, but they will delete certain Posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time for your medicine 17 min Wilbur 7
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 20 min Doug77 7,064
Reznor and Muncheez 35 min sistersalvation 16
Daddy Rabbit, Billie Jo 1 hr Freekin funny 3
Wong Moo Kwan karate place and other places 1 hr ARM 5
how much longer? 6 hr Tristan 1
This site is dying. 19 hr Harold Gilman 12

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance