First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SUPERMAN77

Beckley, WV

#1 Nov 8, 2012
the beckley ymca is going downhill fast under new ceo Jay Rist. members are constantly complaining and nothing is being done about it. the only reason jay rist got this job is because his father. men watch out for your women because if there is one thing he is good at its flirting. as a long time member i would like to see a change.

-the front desk staff are always on their phones when they should be worrying about taking care of members first.

-the wellness center is a joke. for the longest time i thought tom hamilton was in charge until he suddenly left. just recently i found out that regina thomas was in charge. does she know anything about fitness/personal training? who is this lady? there is never anyone in the wellness to help you and its always dirty.
the weight room is past due for a make-over. all the weights are broke and machines need repaired. this is a gym... why is nothing taken care of like other workout facilities?

-the pool is always closed due to some type of maintenance i do not understand why it can not be properly taken care of. plus when are the life guards ever awake?
Princeton

Griffithsville, WV

#2 Nov 8, 2012
Have you spoken to anyone about your concerns? Have you given them time to address your concerns? Be fair to the Y.
lolwat

United States

#3 Nov 9, 2012
Yeah, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish posting this on Topix. If you actually wanted something corrected, you would relay these comments straight to the Y.

Beckley, WV

#4 Nov 9, 2012
If you don't like the YMCA then leave! Why get on here and bash people? If you have such a problem with it then either talk to someone there or go away! Jay are Regina are great people and do not deserve to be talked about on here. Everytime I have been in there it has been very clean. You are just a sad miserable person who likes to trash talk people. LEAVE THEM ALONE and GET A LIFE!
Chuck

Dayton, OH

#5 Nov 9, 2012
I work out at the Y 5 days a week and I never have any problems while I am there. Yes the weight room could use some updating BUT that is the only problem I can find at the Y.
Laughable

Lubbock, TX

#6 Nov 9, 2012
SUPERMAN77 wrote:
the beckley ymca is going downhill fast under new ceo Jay Rist. members are constantly complaining and nothing is being done about it. the only reason jay rist got this job is because his father. men watch out for your women because if there is one thing he is good at its flirting. as a long time member i would like to see a change.
-the front desk staff are always on their phones when they should be worrying about taking care of members first.
-the wellness center is a joke. for the longest time i thought tom hamilton was in charge until he suddenly left. just recently i found out that regina thomas was in charge. does she know anything about fitness/personal training? who is this lady? there is never anyone in the wellness to help you and its always dirty.
the weight room is past due for a make-over. all the weights are broke and machines need repaired. this is a gym... why is nothing taken care of like other workout facilities?
-the pool is always closed due to some type of maintenance i do not understand why it can not be properly taken care of. plus when are the life guards ever awake?
THe Y may be going down hill but it is far better than LA east... At least the Y doesnt have people handing out steriods in the locker rooms.
eyecandy29

Beckley, WV

#7 Nov 10, 2012
kevin williams gets fired from more jobs then anyone i know!!!
kg6p

Beckley, WV

#8 Nov 10, 2012
"the wellness center is always dirty" said superman,
the only thing dirty in the wellness center is kevin williams...
-the ymca is a good place but could be a "great" place if it had new directors
bigRod67

Beckley, WV

#9 Nov 10, 2012
i work out 5 days a week at the y and i have no problems at all yea it can get a little dirty but what place doesn't and as far as kevin goes he's a man just like all of us
wvu135

Beckley, WV

#10 Nov 10, 2012
i tried the ymca out for a week and the new ceo was a complete dick to me.
i will never go back there because he was very rude and acts like his shit doesn't stink

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#11 Nov 10, 2012
Discontent is the first step of progress of any man or nation - Fortune Cookie.

If people do not speak in dissent of something, many times the problem will never be addressed

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease"

There Are some problems with the Beckley YMCA. If you have been to other YMCAs around the country or even the state you know how apparent this is.

Now for me personally, I would like to see gender based fitness centers with separated Locker rooms, Whirlpool, Sauna, Work out equipment like treadmills and nominal free weights, even if access to it comes at a higher expense. It is how most YMCAs operate across the country, and why Beckley still has not gravitated toward it is a problem.

Other than that, the open locker rooms are abysmal. If nothing else, a coat of rust proof paint would go a long way down there.

But here is the key thing about these complaints. These organizations can only do so much. So if you are complaining, you also need to be helping make it better. Donating and fund raising for improvements go a long way, and an organization like the YMCA are all too dependent on them to keep their business afloat.

Constructive criticism is good. Idle complaint is essentially useless.
Y Sucks

Beaver, WV

#12 Nov 10, 2012
The Y has been a suck hole for decades, past and present. No matter who runs it.Because it is full of Sucky people who think they do not suck, but they are wrong, they always will !! Seriously if they are going to have a place at least at some point in it's History it needs to be maintained and taken care of, and It has not been EVER the correct way.

No I am no member you would have to be an idiot to give them any money for their lame excuse for a Y .

And to think they removed a Parking Building close to it to expand it and other things, Beckley needed the Parking Building , NOT that excuse for a Y that sets there now.
sandyblonde

Beckley, WV

#13 Nov 16, 2012
jay rist flirts with me every time I'm in the ymca

Since: Aug 12

Beckley, WV

#14 Nov 16, 2012
Work out people- get in shape :)
Yeahhhh

Mount Lookout, WV

#15 Dec 5, 2012
You all complaining are idiots and as for the CEO being a dick to you. Have you ever met the CEO to Walmart, McDonalds or anywhere else for that nature? I promise they won't even look your way. If you don't like the Y DON'T GO. Plain and simple there are other sorry excuses for gyms in the area maybe you can go get your tummy rubbed my their owner/CEO
Beckley Truth

Beckley, WV

#16 Dec 6, 2012
Laughable wrote:
<quoted text>
THe Y may be going down hill but it is far better than LA east... At least the Y doesnt have people handing out steriods in the locker rooms.
you are a lying piece of s---.I have been a member L.A.East ever since it opened,and have never seen anyone with steriods.I don't why you want to spread lies like that.Maybe they kicked you out for some reason.More likely they wouldn't let you in to start with.
Sherri42

Hurricane, WV

#17 Dec 27, 2013
I heard that Kevin Williams got fired again from the YMCA. Does anyone know what he did?
Ashley

Beckley, WV

#18 Dec 27, 2013
My only problem with the YMCA is the day care and people taking their dirty sick kids in there. Every time it take my kids there they end up getting sick. My daughter got pink eye and strep at the same time. Was sick for a week. The toys are dirty and the bathroom well they don't help the little ones use it so pee is on the floor. Other than that what do you expect. We live in West Virginia.
Really

Chicago, IL

#19 Dec 27, 2013
The y isn't the only place a kid can get sick. Go to walmart. Germs everywhere.
LarryJW

United States

#20 Dec 27, 2013
Well I heard Kevin got fired for trying to fuck all his Clients and I know he was a terrible trainee I mean look at the guy who sponsored him Wendy's? Idk why the y hires the people they do. Jay is a real jackass when I asked him why his trainer Kevin never did anything but sit and look at young girls and ate he told me he would look in to it and nothing was done for a year. Smh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Sep '11) 1 hr mr goodwrench 5,508
People Who Have Applied At Olive Garden.. (Sep '12) 1 hr Doug 22
pais (Mar '12) 1 hr haha 18
McDonalds Robert C Byrd and Prince St. 1 hr haha 15
Are junk yards open memorial day???? (May '14) 1 hr Kat 3
Pugh Dead - Rizzi Charged. 2 hr Ozzie 26
Cable TV Sold To French 5 hr Cracker Cartel 9
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE