Woodrow Wilson High School Football

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
What Will It Take

Lubbock, TX

#1 Sep 27, 2009
Please help - what will it take to open the eyes of John Lilly and make him see and what is going on around him. He has players that think they are NFL players trying to "razzle dazzle" instead of just running. The same players have the worst attitudes. One came of the field Friday night and slammed a trash can. His jersey should have been jerked and he should have been sent to the bus. A player was trying to fight a Beckley fan who was yelling in disgust at Coach Lilly. Most troubling to me was at the end of the first have with time left on the clock and 3 time outs, he took the team of the field. Even the Parkersburg fans were yelling at him to take a time out. Maybe a PERMANENT time out is what Coach Lilly needs. We are becoming the laughing stock of this conference. It is time to make a change!!!
capitalist pig

Lubbock, TX

#2 Sep 27, 2009
Has Woodrow ever lost a game by this big of a margin in the history of the school?
What Will It Take

Lubbock, TX

#3 Sep 27, 2009
I would have to do a little research to find out. But it really does not matter. We are dealing with here and now. I just think it is time for some type of reality check.
Hahahahahaha

Oak Hill, WV

#4 Sep 27, 2009
Amazing to me that when woodrow wins they are all over the newspaper...LOL when they lose the article is from charleston buried 5pgs. deep....then Indy gets the front page for losing...what a joke woodrow and liily is this year and now the paper has joined them....wow LOL cant stop laughin!
new to beckley

Lubbock, TX

#5 Sep 28, 2009
what time are the games? how much are tickets?
Interested Parent

Lubbock, TX

#6 Sep 29, 2009
7:30 and 5.00, however we do not play at home again until October 23.
new to beckley

Lubbock, TX

#7 Sep 29, 2009
hey thanks! hmmm thinkin i might go to the st albans game if i can get one of the guys on my hall to go with me and help with gas :D

Since: Jul 09

Beckley, WV

#8 Sep 29, 2009
I think coach Lilly needs to stop and look at his skills. Why do you leave someone in the game that asked to be taken out. I'm not blaming the boy everyone has a bad game, but when you see he isn't doing good don't wait till the end of the game to take him out. Then call and tell him not to worry about it and go monday and tell the rest of the team how they suck..... You have more than one person that can play each and every position.. Maybe you should see that this isn't where he needs to be learning what he needs to know. Maybe that would be practice and JV games. The other quarterback scored twice before time ran out. Why is he afraid to play the other boy???? Come on coach get your head in it and lets try to win atleast a few more games....
really

Hernshaw, WV

#9 Sep 29, 2009
the OTHER qb as you put it scored the first TD. The second was scored by the JV fullback.
Sorry for the Seniors

Lubbock, TX

#10 Sep 29, 2009
He is young and inexperienced and there are Seniors who are playing their last year. A losing season for outgoing Seniors is a tough one to swallow. I am not a coach, but I would have taken him out for a while to calm down and regroup. Not like our offense was on the field alot.
IM NOT A FAN BUT

Beaver, WV

#11 Sep 29, 2009
i think all you people should be glad you dont have someone comming and watching you at your jobs and telling you what your doing wrong.I bet most of you are getting a check every mounth.Its not Beckley football thats at a all time low it beckley people that dont want to do anything but tear down good men and boys,BECKLEY WHAT ARE YOU TEACHING YOUR OWN KIDS WHEN YOU WONT EVEN SIGN YOUR OWN NAME TO YOUR WORDS.GUTLESS!!

Since: Jul 09

Beckley, WV

#12 Sep 29, 2009
IM NOT A FAN BUT wrote:
i think all you people should be glad you dont have someone comming and watching you at your jobs and telling you what your doing wrong.I bet most of you are getting a check every mounth.Its not Beckley football thats at a all time low it beckley people that dont want to do anything but tear down good men and boys,BECKLEY WHAT ARE YOU TEACHING YOUR OWN KIDS WHEN YOU WONT EVEN SIGN YOUR OWN NAME TO YOUR WORDS.GUTLESS!!
Well for one I'm not getting a check, and for another I pay to go watch these boys play. If you don't want people watching your child take him off the field. It's sports people talk about football, baseball, soccer, and cheerleading. So you saying that you have never been to a game and thought someone wasn't doing what they should????? What is up with everyone thinking people are on a check or being white. I have a job I work every day so I guess I do get a check.... Oh and being gutless didn't see your name at the end of your letter.... Michelle Wilson
Hey now

Danese, WV

#13 Sep 30, 2009
IM NOT A FAN BUT wrote:
How gutless are you? Is this your real name? I don't think so!
Sorry for the Seniors

Lubbock, TX

#14 Sep 30, 2009
IM NOT A FAN BUT wrote:
Read a little more carefully and try to understand what you are reading. I am 100% behind WWHS Football and encourage the community to step up and help and support these kids. I am at every game to support this team, rain or shine, win or lose. Where are you on Friday night or even Monday night (to support the JV team). At home in front of your computer waiting to attack someone for trying to drum up support for a bunch of hard working young men that deserve support. If you are not a fan, why don't you become one. If you can not support the team and be a LOYAL fan, then you should not even be wasting your time on this topic.
Interested Parent

Lubbock, TX

#15 Sep 30, 2009
Could not have said it better.
Hey now

Danese, WV

#16 Sep 30, 2009
Sorry for the Seniors wrote:
<quoted text>
Read a little more carefully and try to understand what you are reading. I am 100% behind WWHS Football and encourage the community to step up and help and support these kids. I am at every game to support this team, rain or shine, win or lose. Where are you on Friday night or even Monday night (to support the JV team). At home in front of your computer waiting to attack someone for trying to drum up support for a bunch of hard working young men that deserve support. If you are not a fan, why don't you become one. If you can not support the team and be a LOYAL fan, then you should not even be wasting your time on this topic.
Well Said
IM NOT A FAN BUT

Beaver, WV

#17 Sep 30, 2009
im not the person talking trash about hard working people! if i was i would put my name to it .im not about bashing people,i was hoping some people would seat back and realize there is more to playing the sport than winning,its about going to work everyday!!and mr ford im glad you have a job,i bet you learned to work from a good old coach.hard working people like hard working people!you howwever can careless about that trait ,you just want to tear hard working people down.in fact i think you really think people care what you say.when most people think your a silly fool.you know what im not a the coach but i respect him and his ast. coaches for what they have to deal with.
Interested Parent

Lubbock, TX

#18 Oct 1, 2009
Road trip Friday night to St. Albans. Lets make it a showing for these guys.

GO FLYING EAGLES!!!!
Worried 4 Boyz-Not Coachz

Beckley, WV

#19 Oct 2, 2009
I have been to every single one of the Woodrow Wilson Flying Eagles. I made a promise to the boys that I would go and I will be at every single one, win or lose. I think that the only people who should be leaving comments on this page are people who are there for the boys."IM NOT A FAN BUT" should leave this message board. Beckley has so much talent and every single one of these boys have put their whole heart into these games only to be left with their heads down and empty handed when they go home. It should not be like that for them. Woodrow has so much talent sitting on the sidelines for most of the game. The boys that are playing are wonderful, but so are the ones that aren't getting any attention from the coaches. What is the point of having 40+ boys on the team if you aren't going to use them. I'm not here to bash the coaches, but some changes need to be made. The BROOKE game is a perfect example, how can any person ride on a bus for 6 or so hours and be expected to play a game for 2+ hours. They must have been exhausted but they kept the same kids in the entire game. It is rediculous. These kids need some help. This week at the game everybody SHOULD be cheering. A lot of this team's problem also has to do with the fans. After they make one mistake, they don't have anybody cheering for them. They lose their spirit when we do. So let's keep our cheers going as long as they are on the field! LET'S GO WOOOOOOOOODROW!
IM NOT A FAN BUT

Beaver, WV

#20 Oct 2, 2009
worried for your boy more like it.its easy to see your not getting the picture,its only a game.maybe you however should put your son in the upward program it lets all the kids play!prepare your son for life ,if hes 2nd or 4th string than he needs to get better.i was taking up for the boyzz *sswhip

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rachel simmons is a skan@ 2 hr DIRTY ROTTEN OLD MAN 2
Obama Cares 3 hr Jake 316
Is WV a state 3 hr DIRTY ROTTEN OLD MAN 10
can anyone tell me if rachel simmons is living ... 3 hr DIRTY ROTTEN OLD MAN 5
Potholes at Beckley Shopping Centers. 3 hr Fix a hole 3
appalachia towing 3 hr Jimmy Smitts 4
wendys near kfc 4 hr huh 5
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE