Two Beckley Women Face Attempted Murd...

Two Beckley Women Face Attempted Murder Charges of a Child

There are 129 comments on the WVNS-TV story from Oct 26, 2010, titled Two Beckley Women Face Attempted Murder Charges of a Child. In it, WVNS-TV reports that:

Two Beckley women are charged with attempted murder of a 6-year-old child. Two women were arrested and face several charges including attempted murder of a child by a parent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WVNS-TV.

Amazing

Saint Albans, WV

#63 Oct 29, 2010
luckykt7 wrote:
how about the fact that the "roomate" amanda wills who was also a custodian of this 6 year old child was a teacher at stratton middle school here in beckley, what kind of person especially a teacher would see that , and NOT think there was a problem!
Duh! Exactly how were the other teachers supposed to see this???? Go home with her every day???? Get a clue!!
Concerned

Beckley, WV

#64 Oct 29, 2010
My child goes to Beckley Stratton and they better fire this teacher. She does not need to be around kid's and I don't want her anywhere near mine or there will be problem's. Anyone who treats a child like this is a worthless piece of crap.How do you starve and abuse a child. I have a 2 and a half year old that weighs 37 pounds that's double the weight that the poor 6 year old weighed when she went into the hospital. In my opinion they both need to be shot.They are worthless and I feel so sad for that child.
SICK PEOPLe

Katy, TX

#65 Oct 29, 2010
cuz wrote:
Funny how the news tends to leave out significant information to make people look worse. They failed to mention the fact that the child has severe Aspergers Autism and does not have the ability to know when her stomach is full, and that she would eat until her stomach would burst if not supervised. Not that it excuses zip tying a child down, obviously the mom did not know how to handle her and should have seek for help.
YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT! I HAVE A CHILD WITH AUTISM, AND NANNY FOR A CHILD WITH ASPERGERS, THEY NEVER NEED TIED THE FUCK UP! OR STARVED TO 14 OR 17 POUNDS!!!! YOU NEED SHOT FOR JUSTIFYING THIS!!! SICK!!
THESE WOMEN NEED TO BE MOVED TO TEXAS WHERE THE DEATH PENALTY HAS AN EXPRESS LANE!!!
smart one

Beckley, WV

#66 Oct 29, 2010
It's sad to say but the teachers at her middle school started reporting abuse to CPS over a year ago.
wrong

Bluefield, WV

#67 Oct 29, 2010
Sorry smart one...you just totally made that up
Dr Who

Beckley, WV

#68 Oct 29, 2010
SICK PEOPLe wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT! I HAVE A CHILD WITH AUTISM, AND NANNY FOR A CHILD WITH ASPERGERS, THEY NEVER NEED TIED THE FUCK UP! OR STARVED TO 14 OR 17 POUNDS!!!! YOU NEED SHOT FOR JUSTIFYING THIS!!! SICK!!
THESE WOMEN NEED TO BE MOVED TO TEXAS WHERE THE DEATH PENALTY HAS AN EXPRESS LANE!!!
If the child was female, I doubt it has Asperger's Syndrome. That is almost exclusively to boys. These women will probably be out of jail in 3 months. Sad but true. The "attemped murder" charge won't stick. They will get a misdemeanor, most likely. Wait and see.
JustShady

Dahlonega, GA

#69 Oct 29, 2010
Dr Who wrote:
<quoted text>
If the child was female, I doubt it has Asperger's Syndrome. That is almost exclusively to boys. These women will probably be out of jail in 3 months. Sad but true. The "attemped murder" charge won't stick. They will get a misdemeanor, most likely. Wait and see.
Lots of females have aspergers?! It is just more prevalent in males.
The child is diagnosed with autism.
reader

Mount Hope, WV

#70 Oct 29, 2010
ME CRAZY wrote:
She says she is misunderstood???? What a crock!! Why waste taxpayers money on a trial? They should be tied up in the woods and left to die!!!!
I agree. Kinda like the two who tied up thier grandmother and was gonna throw her over the new river gorge bridge. does anyone know what became of them two or did it just fall between the cracks like all the other crimes commited. probably whatll happen too with these two women and theyll get thier kids back too. how sad.
mee

Beckley, WV

#71 Oct 29, 2010
reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Kinda like the two who tied up thier grandmother and was gonna throw her over the new river gorge bridge. does anyone know what became of them two or did it just fall between the cracks like all the other crimes commited. probably whatll happen too with these two women and theyll get thier kids back too. how sad.
I think they are still in there. I know they got beat the hell up when they first went in. The grandson actually spent a couple of weeks in the hospital lol! I think its funny that they got there ass whipped. Them inmates should have thrown them over the top tier! I don't think they have been to trial though
didit

Fayetteville, WV

#72 Oct 30, 2010
sorry wrong, yes it was reported... I started in Jan of last year [i have documented 4 times of myself reporting] i WILL list dates if you would like that.... it was reported many times by MANY of us...
Horrific Situation

Charleston, WV

#73 Oct 30, 2010
cuz wrote:
Funny how the news tends to leave out significant information to make people look worse. They failed to mention the fact that the child has severe Aspergers Autism and does not have the ability to know when her stomach is full, and that she would eat until her stomach would burst if not supervised. Not that it excuses zip tying a child down, obviously the mom did not know how to handle her and should have seek for help.
To have a child at the age of SIX only weighing 18 lbs - this would have nothing to do with 'Aspergers Autism'. If the child was being fed at all her blood sugar level would have been in the normal range '80-100' NOT '2'. Let's put this in perspective; I have an 18 month old grandchild that weighs 24 lbs, which is actally considered 4 lbs below what it should be based on his height, he is also very active.

My point is if the child was being fed - she would have been at a normal weight and not near death when she was taken to the hospital unresponsive. I understand she has put on several pounds and is beginning is able to communicate. She is going to have a tough time, but given love and support - I believe she'll make a full recovery.
Dr Who

Beckley, WV

#74 Oct 30, 2010
Unfortunately with a serum glucose under 30, permanent brain damage begins. -- yet miracles DO happen - I believe in them.
wrong

Bluefield, WV

#75 Oct 30, 2010
I still don't yet believe you didit. You work at the school? When did you ever SEE the child? The girl was brought to the school 1 time last year and looked small, but normal. I am in NO WAY saying these two are innocent. But I don't see how ANYONE at the school would have been able to report ANYTHING. Like I said, the girl was there once...last year. For about 1 hour.

Since: Mar 09

Wyoming County

#76 Oct 30, 2010
cuz wrote:
having autism is not areason for a child of 6 to only weigh 19 lbs. get real
Confused

Beckley, WV

#77 Oct 30, 2010
Why is the media reporting that Sabrina is out on bond? She is in jail under the name Sabrina Coronet-Smith.
Anonymous

Beckley, WV

#78 Oct 30, 2010
My child has severe autism as well and knows when he is full and when he is not...in my opinion, hearing this child was mentally and physically disabled and even more unable to speak up for herself worse...these monsters picked a child to abuse that they knew couldn't defend herself and thought they'd never get caught!!

Since: Mar 09

Wyoming County

#79 Oct 31, 2010
I am sure there a re things out there that make a child have low weight but why would a parent use zip ties to hold a kid there is no excuss for what these women did to this child. This child could have more problems now than she would ever had these women are just plan out sick
countrygal

United States

#80 Oct 31, 2010
And yet WVMETRO is reporting that investigators have been able to speak to the child, and she has told them in detail exactly how she was abused,how long,and details concerning everyday life,how many times a day did she tell these monsters that she was hungry?....the perfect punishment would be to tie their fat asses up for days and keep a plate of food under their noses,feed them just enough stale bread and dirty water to keep them alive and suffering,they dont deserve the peace and serenity of death.

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#81 Oct 31, 2010
Confused wrote:
Why is the media reporting that Sabrina is out on bond? She is in jail under the name Sabrina Coronet-Smith.
Isn't that odd? I wish they would correct their mistake! Praise the Lord the little girl is recovering so remarkably well. Hallelujah.

http://www.register-herald.com/local/x2073116...
Linda

Rocky Mount, NC

#82 Nov 3, 2010
It is so wrong for any child to live like a tied up dog think about that people take better care of they animal's they there children ,also take these to women or witches!!!and stave them to18 lbs put them in car set's and forget about them like they did this little girl so sad as for CPS they don't do they job as you can see with this girl. So sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fish 2 hr downunder 3
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 7,771
Fat women in leggings (Apr '15) 11 hr Disgusted 21
house rental 14 hr Carrie 2
Brier Patch Golf Fri rolo 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Fri ScaryClown 4,472
maplewood apartments asappppppp Fri NEEDING ANSWERS 1

Beckley Jobs

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages