First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Huh

Beckley, WV

#1 Jan 18, 2013
How's everyone's first pay check of 2013 looking? A little bit lighter? I guess I didn't pay close enough attention to the ruckus around the fiscal cliff because I thought only the "wealthy" we're gonna get hit hard with tax increases. Apparently having a job at all puts you in the wealthy class now. Cause my husband & I make 80k a year together & have 3 kids. Our paychecks were $125 less combined. That's $250 a month.$3,000 a year. We were already scraping by to pay for gas, groceries, & medical bills. His insurance plan which covers our family is also going up by over $100 a month. Presumably to help cover all the bums with their gold plated medical cards. So there's $350 a month our family has to go without. That's real money. That's extra shifts away from my kids. This idiot in the White House is actually HURTING real families in this country & some of you idiots voted for this. I sure didn't. But that's probably because I have to work for a living. And work more now.
Huh

Beckley, WV

#2 Jan 18, 2013
And as for the economy - there's hundreds a month that this family WON'T be spending at the mall buying our kids new clothes, or going out to eat to support local restaurants, or spending on anything whatsoever that's not necessary. There's a lot more like us too. Small businesses are really going to suffer under these tax hikes too.
Nikola Tesla

Charleston, WV

#3 Jan 18, 2013
You're right. I didn't vote for him either, and I am fast coming to the conclusion that I hope those that did, start to starve under the yoke of the financial burden they've placed on all of us. I personally, will no longer give to charities because I have no control over who that money goes to. I decide for myself who needs/gets what from me from now on. I also plan to make a careful study of where I spend my money in all ways. Any business, or business owner supporting the current occupant of the White House will receive nothing from me, even if it means I have to go without. If my neighbor agrees with this "gun-control" nonsense, I will stand and watch as he and his family are harmed before I will come to their aid with my gun. I am fed up!! I have had it!!!
picker2

Beckley, WV

#4 Jan 18, 2013
Huh wrote:
How's everyone's first pay check of 2013 looking? A little bit lighter? I guess I didn't pay close enough attention to the ruckus around the fiscal cliff because I thought only the "wealthy" we're gonna get hit hard with tax increases. Apparently having a job at all puts you in the wealthy class now. Cause my husband & I make 80k a year together & have 3 kids. Our paychecks were $125 less combined. That's $250 a month.$3,000 a year. We were already scraping by to pay for gas, groceries, & medical bills. His insurance plan which covers our family is also going up by over $100 a month. Presumably to help cover all the bums with their gold plated medical cards. So there's $350 a month our family has to go without. That's real money. That's extra shifts away from my kids. This idiot in the White House is actually HURTING real families in this country & some of you idiots voted for this. I sure didn't. But that's probably because I have to work for a living. And work more now.
It's all Bush's fault.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 18, 2013
Congress passes a bill to avert the fiscal cliff but only Obama gets blamed because Social Security taxes went back to the rate they were two years ago. You people are amazing....and ridiculous.

Location hidden

#6 Jan 18, 2013
BTW, the SS tax went up 2%.....2% of $80,000 is $1,600. Maybe you make more money than you thought.

And maybe this increase will help ensure that you are able to collect SS benefits when you retire.

Which reminds me, I heard someone say that the wage limit for SS tax should go to $150,000 from the current $113,700. That would safeguard SS for retirees for a long time.
need answer

Hurricane, WV

#7 Jan 18, 2013
no matter who is at fault in that damn white house i think that it is crazy that the little people have to pay for it why not them pay they get way to much money on their paycheck as it is and probably get little taken out on them as our checks get smaller everything else get higher how do they think that we can afford anything like this

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8 Jan 18, 2013
I don't think we've seen anything yet..Best get used to getting your wallet shrunken more and more.....
We cannot continue to borrow money and give it to every Tom, Dick, and Nancy anymore without either paying MORE taxes, CUTTING SPENDING, or some of both.

I like it NOT either, but that is the reality we are faced with...
Haha

Beckley, WV

#9 Jan 18, 2013
Nikola Tesla wrote:
You're right. I didn't vote for him either, and I am fast coming to the conclusion that I hope those that did, start to starve under the yoke of the financial burden they've placed on all of us. I personally, will no longer give to charities because I have no control over who that money goes to. I decide for myself who needs/gets what from me from now on. I also plan to make a careful study of where I spend my money in all ways. Any business, or business owner supporting the current occupant of the White House will receive nothing from me, even if it means I have to go without. If my neighbor agrees with this "gun-control" nonsense, I will stand and watch as he and his family are harmed before I will come to their aid with my gun. I am fed up!! I have had it!!!

I wholly agree with you. But what's even more frustrating is that those people won't starve. And they won't struggle. Because they will have bountiful food stamps. the system is now set up in their favor. life is easier when someone else takes care of you, your kids, & your bills. meanwhile I will have to miss little league games & Sunday dinners so that I can buy groceries. The government keeps pushing me closer to the soup lines so they can give it away to the "needy." I went to college, got married, held down a job, bought a house, had only enough children that I could afford at the time, & somehow I'm becoming "needy" too.

Lesson learned - you may want to delve more into the legislation that was passed. But if congress didn't bother to read it I doubt you will either. I'm losing a lot more than 2% on SS taxes. But that's ok, I'm sure the SSI bums can spend my money better than I could anyway. I never buy cheap beer or cigarettes.
Haha

Beckley, WV

#10 Jan 18, 2013
Shootist wrote:
I don't think we've seen anything yet..Best get used to getting your wallet shrunken more and more.....
We cannot continue to borrow money and give it to every Tom, Dick, and Nancy anymore without either paying MORE taxes, CUTTING SPENDING, or some of both.
The democrats and Obama will never allow any spending cuts to take place. Their voters are the ones getting all of those tax dollars.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 18, 2013
need answer wrote:
no matter who is at fault in that damn white house i think that it is crazy that the little people have to pay for it why not them pay they get way to much money on their paycheck as it is and probably get little taken out on them as our checks get smaller everything else get higher how do they think that we can afford anything like this
Congress is not in the White House....call or write to your congressman.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 18, 2013
Shootist wrote:
I KNOW that you know the 2% was was a SS tax holiday and taxes have not been raised. Taxes are not going to be raised on the middle class because it would hurt the economy. The economy will probably be hurt by that 2% but the holiday couldn't go on forever. It was a stopgap measure at the height of the recession.

Location hidden

#13 Jan 18, 2013
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>.
I wholly agree with you. But what's even more frustrating is that those people won't starve. And they won't struggle. Because they will have bountiful food stamps. the system is now set up in their favor. life is easier when someone else takes care of you, your kids, & your bills. meanwhile I will have to miss little league games & Sunday dinners so that I can buy groceries. The government keeps pushing me closer to the soup lines so they can give it away to the "needy." I went to college, got married, held down a job, bought a house, had only enough children that I could afford at the time, & somehow I'm becoming "needy" too.
Lesson learned - you may want to delve more into the legislation that was passed. But if congress didn't bother to read it I doubt you will either. I'm losing a lot more than 2% on SS taxes. But that's ok, I'm sure the SSI bums can spend my money better than I could anyway. I never buy cheap beer or cigarettes.
If you're paying more in taxes than that 2% of SS tax then you're making more than $400,000 a year or $450,000 a year if you're married. I've done my research.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 18, 2013
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
The democrats and Obama will never allow any spending cuts to take place. Their voters are the ones getting all of those tax dollars.
The Democrats, including Obama and myself, are well aware that spending has to be cut....but where the cuts are made is the issue. Republicans want to take it from the needy while Democrats want to take it from pork projects and subsidies to corporations that don't need them.
picker2

Beckley, WV

#15 Jan 18, 2013
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW that you know the 2% was was a SS tax holiday and taxes have not been raised. Taxes are not going to be raised on the middle class because it would hurt the economy. The economy will probably be hurt by that 2% but the holiday couldn't go on forever. It was a stopgap measure at the height of the recession.
Just bad timing. Still in the recession and a lot of people are just barely making it as it was but now faced with over a hundred dollars less a month makes it tough. There needs to be more people working and paying into the system instead of taking out and I am not only talking about SS. Not to mention health care costs are going up and as companies find ways to shift the burden from themselves to their employees makes another bit hit on paychecks.
picker2

Beckley, WV

#16 Jan 18, 2013
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're paying more in taxes than that 2% of SS tax then you're making more than $400,000 a year or $450,000 a year if you're married. I've done my research.
The tax increase will ultimately be paid by the middle class as thise making the big bucks raise the prices of their goods to make up for their tax increase. Look at your cable, phone, cell phone, and internet bill this month and I think you will see a moderate increase due to a federal tax increase also.
picker2

Beckley, WV

#17 Jan 18, 2013
I am just taking a wild guess at this but I wonder if some of the same people that are opposed to the SS tax increase are some of the same ones who vote year after year for the school bond levy, or the recently passed fire bond levy?

Location hidden

#18 Jan 18, 2013
Democrats in congress are talking...again...about a public option for health care similar to Medicare. Until we have that we will continue to have no control over health care costs.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 18, 2013
picker2 wrote:
<quoted text>The tax increase will ultimately be paid by the middle class as thise making the big bucks raise the prices of their goods to make up for their tax increase. Look at your cable, phone, cell phone, and internet bill this month and I think you will see a moderate increase due to a federal tax increase also.
Corporate tax rates have not increased so any increase in your utility bills is not due to that.
Nikola Tesla

Charleston, WV

#20 Jan 18, 2013
Increase in electricity rates are DIRECTLY tied to the President Hussein's attempt to regulate coal-fired power plants out of business, and the shift to "cheaper" natural gas, which just happens to be getting higher all the time. Coincidence? I think not. And if you think corporations aren't slowing down re-investment in their own businesses in this climate of persecution President Hussein has created, you're an even bigger moron than I thought you were.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frontier vs Suddenlink 1 min Nine 3
Taco Bell 2 hr sistersalvation 2
Deputy Roger Richmond - ADIOS (Sep '16) 2 hr Photographer 42
Police chase in oak hill 5 hr Hubert Duboy 3
Anyone know MARISA Winfree 10 hr Thanks 1
News Review of King Tut Drive in Located in Beckley,... (Dec '09) 15 hr Sweetie 58
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 16 hr DDD 4,193

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages